let me see your tattoos/tattoo ideas

You should get a tat on your neck next. The Egyptian one looks like an ankh. Quite ironic considering whats on the other foot...lol
Not on your life....LOL. Feet, yes. Neck, NO. I got the 2 I wanted and I'm good with those ;)
Yes, it's a ankh. I'm not entirely sure I see the irony. Both spiritual, 1 memorializing the loss of a loved one, the other reminding me that life is eternal. Either way you spin them, I love them for what they stand for separately - and together.

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
Not on your life....LOL. Feet, yes. Neck, NO. I got the 2 I wanted and I'm good with those ;)
Yes, it's a ankh. I'm not entirely sure I see the irony. Both spiritual, 1 memorializing the loss of a loved one, the other reminding me that life is eternal. Either way you spin them, I love them for what they stand for separately - and together.
(sry slow response having wireless issues here heh...wonderful technology)

Haha...well it doesn't hurt like any other tat placement because pain is all in the mind of the beholder.

The irony from a historical standpoint of course...lol . The Egyptian 'old world' ankh with their deities and polytheism. The angel wings and monotheistic views, more 'new world'. So really, the irony is old and new world. Eastern being the old (such as ancient Egypt)- i.e. an ankh for example and western (such as starting the U.S. during colonization from European settlements) i.e. the angel wings and the birth of the bible into the world- the ‘new’ world. What's interesting about mentioning life being eternal many did believe they would be reborn and return as gods among men. Obviously the pharaohs believed that anyways lol as history has proven. They also believed they had the divine right to rule over society.

I have 4 tattoos

I have a bear because my cousins and I did a lion, a tiger and a bear (Oh my!)

My sister got 'To infitinty" and I got "and beyond"

Bats on my leg because I consider myself to have a black pit for a soul.

And my last one, which is the most important to me.... (I didn't go to a very good artist..So That's a Bummer)
The upside down triangle represents gay pride and the gay rights movement, and 1977 stands for the initials SGG (19th letter of the alphabet being S and 7 being G). I got this because I lost one of my best friends to suicide a while back. Her family did not accept her as a lesbian woman and it caused her severe depression. SGG are her initials and I wanted a unique way to honor her.

supernovagirl

So I haven't gotten them yet, but I'm planning to in the near future (Click the highlighted links for pics/references).

The first one I'm getting is for my mom. When I was four, she was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and she's now had it for 16 years. She's an incredibily strong woman and so I'm getting the tulip that represents Parkinson's on either behind my ear or right on my ankle.

I'm getting the phrase "pura vida" tattooed on my wrist (Seahaven reference).

And then finally, I want the Deathly Hallows symbol tattooed on me. I had three speech impediments when I was younger (a strong lisp, suttering, and cluttering), and I would read Harry Potter during therapy and at night to help me... speak correctly? Anyway, because of this and what the Harry Potter has helped me accomplish, the books mean so much to me.

RyanJ

Those who know me prob saw this coming but I wanted to make a thread to see what my fellow players have for tattoos or post tattoos you'd like to get!
At the moment I currently have 17 tattoos and majority of them still need shading but the want of getting new ones always overpowers my ability to finish the others haha.
Here's my newest addition, monster of Frankenstein on my right arm.

mark

10 mins late to everything
Those who know me prob saw this coming but I wanted to make a thread to see what my fellow players have for tattoos or post tattoos you'd like to get!
At the moment I currently have 17 tattoos and majority of them still need shading but the want of getting new ones always overpowers my ability to finish the others haha.
Here's my newest addition, monster of Frankenstein on my right arm.
omg that's ********!!!
does it symbolize anything or just for fun :))?
(i dont have one bc 2 young and morals)

RyanJ

omg that's ********!!!
does it symbolize anything or just for fun :))?
(i dont have one bc 2 young and morals)
It symbolizes my love for the novel Frankenstein by Mary Shelley and I relate with the monster on a personal level so I felt it was only right to get it tattooed on me. And morals as in religion?! If so I have several friends like that lol but mainly cause their parents too.

LisaMarie

I have a keyhole on the back of my neck, "love yourself" under my uh, chest area... a heart on my hip (basic white girl tat, aka first one)... I want a sleeve.......... badly... but I would be shot.

RyanJ

I have a keyhole on the back of my neck, "love yourself" under my uh, chest area... a heart on my hip (basic white girl tat, aka first one)... I want a sleeve.......... badly... but I would be shot.
Under my uhh... chest... area... hahaha but good stuff.
I have a mickey logo facing me on my left wrist, and a mickey logo facing outwards on my right wrist.
I wanna see photos!
I love tattoos, but I could never get one. There's nothing on this earth I would want permanently on my body, that's why I use sharpies.

Love the tat though
Sharpies always work too haha but thank you.
I have 2 :)

love the frankenstein tattoo
Whatcha got?!

i could never get a tattoo cause i would eventually get tired of it and not want it anymore. but if i did i think i would defiantly get something disney

Chill

that looks really sick!!
when i turn 18 i plan on getting a couple small yoga/nature inspired tattoos.

here's a few that i have my eye on:

It symbolizes my love for the novel Frankenstein by Mary Shelley and I relate with the monster on a personal level so I felt it was only right to get it tattooed on me.
Awesome tattoo; I love that novel! :halcyon: I don't know if I'll ever get one. They can be pretty expensive, but if I find something I REALLY want I'd probably get it.