MyVMK Community Demographic

What Age Group Do You Currently Fall Under?

• 12 and under

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • 13-17

Votes: 96 24.9%
  • 18-21

Votes: 190 49.2%
  • 22-30

Votes: 26 6.7%
  • 31-35

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • 36-45

Votes: 21 5.4%
  • 46 and up

Votes: 41 10.6%

• Total voters

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
the topic really has become a carcass. Lets let some other buzzards get some meat.. Cool? Cool.

I guess the children are right, we old ppl need to come to terms that our host is not Disney, nor do we have the values we were accustomed to during the glory days. Let the carcass of a topic rot.. as we learned with VMK.. nothing lasts forever.
The dramatics are quite unnecessary. You boast so freely about your age, and as someone who believes themselves to be wiser and more knowledgeable because of your age, you should know more than anyone that respect is a two way avenue. You not only should receive it, but reciprocate it as well. Simply because some of us haven't been on this earth quite as long as you does not mean we deserve to be demeaned for having an opinion countering your own. You would do well to realize that while you might have knowledge and wisdom to share with others, you can also learn a great deal from younger generations, and to deny this fact makes you as ignorant as you believe us to be.

Megara

no sleep club
I do see their point -- I don't like the way they were trying to defend it and got ************ if people did not agree.
Like Ranch said up there ^... I didn't see them saying "kids" as their actual age, but by their maturity level in general. And it's true, if you feel posting personal information is no big deal, nothing gonna ever happen to you, you're just as safe as someone else who doesn't post any personal information, then yes, in my opinion, it is very immature. If you understand there are consequences, then that's fine, I wouldn't think you're involved in that "kids" category they keep mentioning.

Ranch

Even though this isn't run BY Disney, it's related TO Disney (anyone of any age could join). And if Disney is watching the progress of MyVMK and the forums, they might not be fond of all the personal information going around. Who knows.
perfectly said. I feel a sense of anarchy.. in the air.. atmosphere.. community, whatever. Maybe because we're not under the Disney hammer, or maybe because the forums itself is still maturing and needs more order. And with the concept that Disney is perhaps watching what's happening within their abandoned product, well.. they pride themselves in minimizing risks. Something we all should think about as we enjoy what's being revived for us. Lets preserve it, protect it, and praise it!

like ranch said up there ^... I didn't see them saying "kids" as their actual age, but by their maturity level in general. And it's true, if you feel posting personal information is no big deal, nothing gonna ever happen to you, you're just as safe as someone else who doesn't post any personal information, then yes, in my opinion, it is very immature. If you understand there are consequences, then that's fine, i wouldn't think you're involved in that "kids" category they keep mentioning.

pls explain how saying i am 18 years old is going to end my life or put me in danger
pls
pls
how is lving for 18 years top secret info?

MagicChrome

I told Ashuri and Emelye my age. I guess they're going to come kill me.

MagicChrome

But in all honesty, Who cares? Your age will change in a year. Big deal. Also, Someone could easily send you an IP logger and have more information than an age can give you. Just by entering this site, you give away your location.

Megara

no sleep club
pls explain how saying i am 18 years old is going to end my life or put me in danger
pls
pls
how is lving for 18 years top secret info?
I never personally said just having your age is going to get you put in serious danger. But it IS information. If you post more than just your age, for example, your age in one post, your picture in another, maybe you posted about that new job you just got (or maybe you posted about a landmark that's located around where you live). You don't know who's on the other side of the computer screen. Anyone from anywhere can be looking at anything you post. There are some pretty crazy people in this world, someone can see a picture of you and be like "whoah. I like that girl (or guy. hay, i don't discriminate). Let's find any information of hers she gave out, do some searching, and keep an eye on her." There are people who keep watch on others over the internet for years before (if) anything happens. People are craycray.

By the way... by my saying... "You have to give us adults some credit here -- we do have a bit more knowledge and experience to foresee consequences. I'm not saying that there are kids who aren't smart enough, or aware enough... but it's just the fact that the brain continues to grow until the age of 25... so there are some things that those younger than that may have trouble with..."

I did not mean "Your brain develops until you're 25 so we adults know more."

And if someone happens to get that from what I said... please read it again. :)
In fairness, adults are equally known for exaggerating the dangers of the internet to the point where the actual merits of an argument for online safety is lost, and people under 25 are more culturally in tune with the internet as a form of communication. It's a fine line, but saying a poll that gives valuable demographics information is a bad idea is where I'd say it crosses over into just being silly. We now know that there is a minority of kids under 13, even assuming most of them didn't vote, which leads to the likely conclusion most of them are the children of existing players, which makes it far more likely the parents will have some idea what their kids are doing.

Really, it's common sense. Be careful about how much information you give out, and how much is given to any one person, and posted to anywhere indexed by Google.

karkat

I never personally said just having your age is going to get you put in serious danger. But it IS information. If you post more than just your age, for example, your age in one post, your picture in another, maybe you posted about that new job you just got (or maybe you posted about a landmark that's located around where you live). You don't know who's on the other side of the computer screen. Anyone from anywhere can be looking at anything you post. There are some pretty crazy people in this world, someone can see a picture of you and be like "whoah. I like that girl (or guy. hay, i don't discriminate). Let's find any information of hers she gave out, do some searching, and keep an eye on her." There are people who keep watch on others over the internet for years before (if) anything happens. People are craycray.
yeah but by that same logic u should just never leave the house either because wow u never know whose out there

Megara

no sleep club
yeah but by that same logic u should just never leave the house either because wow u never know whose out there
True. But I don't think the majority of people go up to random strangers on the street and tell them their age, name, where they work, etc. (unless that's what you do idk i don't know how u live ur life). In retrospect, if you saw some creepy stalker guy on the street, I don't know, I mean, I wouldn't say anything personal to someone I find may be a tad creepy. On the internet, you don't see who's reading that information. It could be that creepy stalker guy you didn't want to say anything to. Yeah, some people may find this as "reading too much into it" or "overdramatic," but hey, that's life. Crazy things happen.

Edit: All that I'm really trying to get out of my posts are that people are aware. If you're aware, that's great, that's all I (and I'm sure plenty others) are trying to get at. Like I said before, it's your life, not mine, do what you want with it. The only concern of mine is if Disney will be concerned with all the personal information given out or not. Like I said before, "Even though this isn't run BY Disney, it's related TO Disney (anyone of any age could join). And if Disney is watching the progress of MyVMK and the forums, they might not be fond of all the personal information going around. Who knows."