MyVMK Community Demographic

What Age Group Do You Currently Fall Under?

• 12 and under

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • 13-17

Votes: 96 24.9%
  • 18-21

Votes: 190 49.2%
  • 22-30

Votes: 26 6.7%
  • 31-35

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • 36-45

Votes: 21 5.4%
  • 46 and up

Votes: 41 10.6%

• Total voters
the topic really has become a carcass. Lets let some other buzzards get some meat.. Cool? Cool.

I guess the children are right, we old ppl need to come to terms that our host is not Disney, nor do we have the values we were accustomed to during the glory days. Let the carcass of a topic rot.. as we learned with VMK.. nothing lasts forever.
Kk old man

Ranch

Honestly, you're just being so dramatic trying to get your way without actually respecting the people you argue with. Kinda annoying to watch.
My way? If anything, I'm reliving the way VMK was operated, and unfortunately that's not the case when it comes to MyVMK. As OP of the thread, I've received no respect as I've asked members to not post their age on the thread, a vote on the anonymous poll is efficient enough.. respect is something you earn. You'll learn that through life. But lets rap up the "argument" in a nut shell with the following as I'm seriously tired of going round and round with kids:

"Vote in the Poll! woo!"

"I'm 10 and a half!"

"Plz don't do that, our hosts don't want us to"

"no they don't and I'm 12"

"Ok I don't want you to"

"too bad ur old"

"ok then I don't care"

"kk old man"

I thought about not getting involved in this discussion, since it's topic has really swayed from the original target. But since I strongly believe that saying nothing does nothing, I thought I would add my 2 cents. I'm not telling anyone what they should do -- I'm not your mother. But if you didn't already know it -- anything put online is there forever. Even after a website is gone... it's still there. Archived. Online. Forever.

Just for the record -- when looking at registered sex offenders' websites... those sites do not count all those offenders who are not registered, nor those that have yet to be caught and titled a registered sex offender.

If kids give some personal information on this site one time, then give more personal information at another time, you'd better believe that if some 'bad' person wants to find you, they will stop at nothing to do it. They have all the time in the world to spend, and will make their 'victim' think that they are their best friend. Through volunteering for a child safety organization, I have sadly seen way too many stories with the same theme.. over and over.

I know this site is no longer run by Disney, but it still looks like Disney. Here are their Internet Safety rules: http://disneyprivacycenter.com/internet-safety/

Even though this poll doesn't show many younger children, we really can't be sure exactly who is playing. Do you believe everything you read online? Do you believe everyone you talk to online who you've never met? According to COPPA, children should not be sharing their photos, and websites should have a specific privacy policy in place. "These requirements apply to all child-directed sites sites that have children as their primary target audience and general audience sites that know they are collecting personal information from children under the age of 13." http://www.business.ftc.gov/documen...-Frequently-Asked-Questions#General Questions

You have to give us adults some credit here -- we do have a bit more knowledge and experience to foresee consequences. I'm not saying that there are kids who aren't smart enough, or aware enough... but it's just the fact that the brain continues to grow until the age of 25... so there are some things that those younger than that may have trouble with. http://teenbrain.drugfree.org/science/behavior.html

Most children don't think about things like guarding their privacy, but it's something everyone, not only children, should think about... while online or off.

If anything I have said saves just one child, it would have been worth it.

*Steps off box*

~Days

My way? If anything, I'm reliving the way VMK was operated, and unfortunately that's not the case when it comes to MyVMK. As OP of the thread, I've received no respect as I've asked members to not post their age on the thread, a vote on the anonymous poll is efficient enough.. respect is something you earn. You'll learn that through life. But lets rap up the "argument" in a nut shell with the following as I'm seriously tired of going round and round with kids:

"Vote in the Poll! woo!"

"I'm 10 and a half!"

"Plz don't do that, our hosts don't want us to"

"no they don't and I'm 12"

"Ok I don't want you to"

"too bad ur old"

"ok then I don't care"

"kk old man"
I guess you didn't catch my drift of why I said kk old man, so let me explain -- you said "these children".
So everyone that doesn't agree with you is a silly child that knows nothing, and you, the ADULT and know-it-all, are always right.

Megara

no sleep club
i thought about not getting involved in this discussion, since it's topic has really swayed from the original target. But since i strongly believe that saying nothing does nothing, i thought i would add my 2 cents. I'm not telling anyone what they should do -- i'm not your mother. But if you didn't already know it -- anything put online is there forever. Even after a website is gone... It's still there. Archived. Online. Forever.

Just for the record -- when looking at registered sex offenders' websites... Those sites do not count all those offenders who are not registered, nor those that have yet to be caught and titled a registered sex offender.

If kids give some personal information on this site one time, then give more personal information at another time, you'd better believe that if some 'bad' person wants to find you, they will stop at nothing to do it. They have all the time in the world to spend, and will make their 'victim' think that they are their best friend. Through volunteering for a child safety organization, i have sadly seen way too many stories with the same theme.. Over and over.

I know this site is no longer run by disney, but it still looks like disney. Here are their internet safety rules: http://disneyprivacycenter.com/internet-safety/

even though this poll doesn't show many younger children, we really can't be sure exactly who is playing. Do you believe everything you read online? Do you believe everyone you talk to online who you've never met? According to coppa, children should not be sharing their photos, and websites should have a specific privacy policy in place. "these requirements apply to all child-directed sites sites that have children as their primary target audience and general audience sites that know they are collecting personal information from children under the age of 13." http://www.business.ftc.gov/documen...-frequently-asked-questions#general questions

you have to give us adults some credit here -- we do have a bit more knowledge and experience to foresee consequences. I'm not saying that there are kids who aren't smart enough, or aware enough... But it's just the fact that the brain continues to grow until the age of 25... So there are some things that those younger than that may have trouble with. http://teenbrain.drugfree.org/science/behavior.html

most children don't think about things like guarding their privacy, but it's something everyone, not only children, should think about... While online or off.

If anything i have said saves just one child, it would have been worth it.

*steps off box*

~days
thumbs. up.

I'm so over the I'M AN ADULT AND YOU'RE A CHILD routine.
You being older than me does NOT automatically make you smarter than me or anyone else. And you're not better than anyone else because you're older.

I thought about not getting involved in this discussion, since it's topic has really swayed from the original target. But since I strongly believe that saying nothing does nothing, I thought I would add my 2 cents. I'm not telling anyone what they should do -- I'm not your mother. But if you didn't already know it -- anything put online is there forever. Even after a website is gone... it's still there. Archived. Online. Forever.

Just for the record -- when looking at registered sex offenders' websites... those sites do not count all those offenders who are not registered, nor those that have yet to be caught and titled a registered sex offender.

If kids give some personal information on this site one time, then give more personal information at another time, you'd better believe that if some 'bad' person wants to find you, they will stop at nothing to do it. They have all the time in the world to spend, and will make their 'victim' think that they are their best friend. Through volunteering for a child safety organization, I have sadly seen way too many stories with the same theme.. over and over.

I know this site is no longer run by Disney, but it still looks like Disney. Here are their Internet Safety rules: http://disneyprivacycenter.com/internet-safety/

Even though this poll doesn't show many younger children, we really can't be sure exactly who is playing. Do you believe everything you read online? Do you believe everyone you talk to online who you've never met? According to COPPA, children should not be sharing their photos, and websites should have a specific privacy policy in place. "These requirements apply to all child-directed sites sites that have children as their primary target audience and general audience sites that know they are collecting personal information from children under the age of 13." http://www.business.ftc.gov/documen...-Frequently-Asked-Questions#General Questions

You have to give us adults some credit here -- we do have a bit more knowledge and experience to foresee consequences. I'm not saying that there are kids who aren't smart enough, or aware enough... but it's just the fact that the brain continues to grow until the age of 25... so there are some things that those younger than that may have trouble with. http://teenbrain.drugfree.org/science/behavior.html

Most children don't think about things like guarding their privacy, but it's something everyone, not only children, should think about... while online or off.

If anything I have said saves just one child, it would have been worth it.

*Steps off box*

~Days
Brain development? Really? Irrelevant.

What's so bad about saying your age? Nobody can find you if they know your age... besides most people have their age on they forum page. No need to overreact, let us make the decisions for ourselves, and age doesn't always reflect on maturity/intelligence. I am very young, but I have the maturity of a 25+ year old adult. We aren't "kids". We're young men and women (most of us anyway).

Ranch

You being older than me does NOT automatically make you smarter than me or anyone else. And you're not better than anyone else because you're older.
then lets not make this about you, or us, but instead, the members of our community that are younger and less mature than you.. and me. :)

By the way... by my saying... "You have to give us adults some credit here -- we do have a bit more knowledge and experience to foresee consequences. I'm not saying that there are kids who aren't smart enough, or aware enough... but it's just the fact that the brain continues to grow until the age of 25... so there are some things that those younger than that may have trouble with..."

I did not mean "Your brain develops until you're 25 so we adults know more."

And if someone happens to get that from what I said... please read it again. :)

What's so bad about saying your age? Nobody can find you if they know your age... besides most people have their age on they forum page. No need to overreact, let us make the decisions for ourselves, and age doesn't always reflect on maturity/intelligence. I am very young, but I have the maturity of a 25+ year old adult. We aren't "kids". We're young men and women (most of us anyway).
I agree thank you

Megara

no sleep club
I'm so over the I'M AN ADULT AND YOU'RE A CHILD routine.
They've been around longer, and are most likely more experienced than those younger than them. I'm 18 (which is still a kid) , but I agree completely with what the "older adults" are saying. YES, that doesn't mean every single adult is super smart and no person younger can be smarter, but this is just common knowledge. There are honestly hundreds of cases every day of people gone missing, and the predator was able to find them just because they saw in one thread they posted a picture of themselves, another their name, another maybe some specific landmark or job that could tell their location. Never think you're one of those special people that this could never happen to you. I think it's very narrow-minded to think the people who are being cautious and trying to help others who don't get this concept, you think they're posting just to show they're "smarter" than you. Of course, if you're aware of the consequences, that's your choice. But if this game is Disney related and marketed towards families (which includes little kids), then I suggest the mods review the rules.

They've been around longer, and are most likely more experienced than those younger than them. I'm 18 (which is still a kid) , but I agree completely with what the "older adults" are saying. YES, that doesn't mean every single adult is super smart and no person younger can be smarter, but this is just common knowledge. There are honestly hundreds of cases every day of people gone missing, and the predator was able to find them just because they saw in one thread they posted a picture of themselves, another their name, another maybe some specific landmark or job that could tell their location. Never think you're one of those special people that this could never happen to you. I think it's very narrow-minded to think the people who are being cautious and trying to help others who don't get this concept, you think they're posting just to show they're "smarter" than you. Of course, if you're aware of the consequences, that's your choice. But if this game is Disney related and marketed towards families (which includes little kids), then I suggest the mods review the rules.
Uh it's not narrow minded if they call people who disagree with them "children".

"If you dont see a problem with sharing age youre too young, gullible and innocent."

"You sure are passionate about rebelling. It's ok.. You can believe we old people have the problem.
*sits back and waits for the tantrums.. From the same kids*"

"I guess the children are right...we old people...."

"I'm seriously tired of going round and round with kids"

But yeah I'm just assuming they keep shoving age differences in our faces.
I guess you didn't read the thread.

Megara

no sleep club
Uh it's not narrow minded if they call people who disagree with them "children".

"If you dont see a problem with sharing age youre too young, gullible and innocent."

"You sure are passionate about rebelling. It's ok.. You can believe we old people have the problem.
*sits back and waits for the tantrums.. From the same kids*"

"I guess the children are right...we old people...."

"I'm seriously tired of going round and round with kids"

But yeah I'm just assuming they keep shoving age differences in our faces.
I guess you didn't read the thread.
I could care less about what people are using to label eachother, only if it was a rude name could I care. All I care about is people in general who don't realize they ARE putting themselves in some sort of "danger" by posting their picture, name, location, etc. If you realize it, that's fine, your choice, you do what you want. But Disney isn't fond of people posting anything personal. Even though this isn't run BY Disney, it's related TO Disney (anyone of any age could join). And if Disney is watching the progress of MyVMK and the forums, they might not be fond of all the personal information going around. Who knows.

And I meant it was narrow-minded if you couldn't see the point they're all trying to make. They're not posting these long messages for their sake, but to hopefully help someone.

Ranch

just as I categorized the ages into groups of maturity levels (that's right, if you're 70, you're like a 46 year old maturity-wise! :P ), people are the same way. Younger friends of mine know when I say "kids" or "children" I'm not referring to their ages, but their maturity levels. Most of these same younger people are more mature than most adults I know, and know I'm probably not referring to them. But if you, feel I am, it's probably true. And some old people I know are disturbingly immature.

Glad I could clarify on that.. can't wait to see how I'm wrong, old, and paranoid in this post lol.

btw: Please don't post your age here, a handy vote for your area of life will be fine and dandy.

karkat

just cause someone is an adult doesnt make them all knowing and powerful tbh
and a lot of old people odnt deserve respect especially based around the idea that theyve been alive longer
what a strange hting to base respect on
u ppl r so alien

I could care less about what people are using to label eachother, only if it was a rude name could I care. All I care about is people in general who don't realize they ARE putting themselves in some sort of "danger" by posting their picture, name, location, etc. If you realize it, that's fine, your choice, you do what you want. But Disney isn't fond of people posting anything personal. Even though this isn't run BY Disney, it's related TO Disney (anyone of any age could join). And if Disney is watching the progress of MyVMK and the forums, they might not be fond of all the personal information going around. Who knows.

And I meant it was narrow-minded if you couldn't see the point they're all trying to make. They're not posting these long messages for their sake, but to hopefully help someone.
I do see their point -- I don't like the way they were trying to defend it and got ************ if people did not agree.