Ouija Board

Justinian

i believe in the paranormal but i would never touch one because all the superstition around one there like gateways for spirits into your house but i think its cool how you can communicate with one it might be a simple game to some but sometimes it can have consequences the movie exaggerates a bit tho lol
in what ways do you believe the movies exaggerate?

-Lex-

Cat lady, and slightly awkward bartender.
My apartment is definitely haunted so I'm a little afraid to use one, but I think they're way cool.

Chill

my 9th grade religion teacher told us that messing with those things would invite "bad things" into our lives... oooooh, so spooky! :faint:I just don't believe in any of that stuff. never tried one, but i'd be willing to try it if some opportunity arises. frankly, i don't care enough to go out and buy one.
also, i mean no offense to those who have strong emotional ties to this topic, and i certainly don't mean to belittle your beliefs... just adding my two cents. :grin:

Thorn

Make it Green
I've done it and I don't know if it was real. We even did it with our eyes closed to make sure no one was pushing it to letters and it still made words and talked with us.

We did it at our college and we were speaking with a ghost that was like two hundred years old and believed scholarship was super important and apparently watched over our Honours House because she liked the students.

We also talked to two ghosts in my house. One was like 90-ish and died with no family except a cat. (I have 11 cats so he probably liked that). The other ghost could barely move the planchet and whenever we asked "are you tired?" It would slowly move to "Yes" and then to "Goodbye."

Another ghost that was recurring would only spell "Go away" so we stopped doing it lol

I'd like to try one only because there's got to be a catch to it. You don't have the mysteries to the dead wrapped up in a children's board game...or else it would be more of a phenomenon. I'm sure there's some sort of explanation.

Thorn

Make it Green
I'd like to try one only because there's got to be a catch to it. You don't have the mysteries to the dead wrapped up in a children's board game...or else it would be more of a phenomenon. I'm sure there's some sort of explanation.
It's supposed to be a conduit for speaking with the dead not a dead person database lol

no.. never will I ever try a ouija board. the things you see in movies with demonic possession (especially the ouija movie) may be a bit exaggerated for theatrical effect and appeal, but it does happen.

you know that movie, the exorcist, from 1973? yeah well it's based off of a true story where a boy used a ouija board.

Justinian

my 9th grade religion teacher told us that messing with those things would invite "bad things" into our lives... oooooh, so spooky! :faint:I just don't believe in any of that stuff. never tried one, but i'd be willing to try it if some opportunity arises. frankly, i don't care enough to go out and buy one.
also, i mean no offense to those who have strong emotional ties to this topic, and i certainly don't mean to belittle your beliefs... just adding my two cents. :grin:
im very skeptical about it myself. i planned with my friends an experiment to gather and analyse data at whatever result we get from using a homemade board and one bought from stores, i just hope no one starts levitating lol

The ideomotor effect may explain why people have occurances. I've tried using it myself to contact 'good' spirits. Maybe i need friends or two people whatever. I'm probably gonna ask for a demon/devil(whatever you believe) itself one day if i never get a response like last time. There are usually psychological reasonings to many phenomenons. Infact there isn't a scientific grounding, peer-reviewed paper published to prove the existence of ghosts. We can have instruments to detect everything except for dark matter/dark energy (maybe they exist there?). Don't expect anything to happen, and don't expect the best to happen either, Goodluck on your quest.

-sincerely,
Aztec_king

I think they're really interesting. I wouldn't do it by myself but when I was younger like maybe 8 years old my cousins had one and we were playing with it one night and my older cousin's boyfriend came over to play and asked it when was his dad's birthday (which none of us knew and his girlfriend wasn't playing) and it said it and he screamed really loud and threw it. I mean I don't know if that was coincidence or not but I always thought that was so creepy. then again I was only like 8 lol.

you know that movie, the exorcist, from 1973? yeah well it's based off of a true story where a boy used a ouija board.
and oh my god that exorcist movie creeps me out so much.

Justinian

The ideomotor effect may explain why people have occurances. I've tried using it myself to contact 'good' spirits. Maybe i need friends or two people whatever. I'm probably gonna ask for a demon/devil(whatever you believe) itself one day if i never get a response like last time. There are usually psychological reasonings to many phenomenons. Infact there isn't a scientific grounding, peer-reviewed paper published to prove the existence of ghosts. We can have instruments to detect everything except for dark matter/dark energy (maybe they exist there?). Don't expect anything to happen, and don't expect the best to happen either, Goodluck on your quest.

-sincerely,
Aztec_king
I agree, however I don't think its just dark matter, or is at least what we cannot detect yet. Because until the brain's complexity is reduced, both dark matter/energy and consciousness still lie in the epistemic states of belief

Metaphor

Official Iron Can
Whether you believe in religion or ghosts, you have to know by enough horror movies that those things are just bad news. Nopenopenope!