Ouija Board

Myth

Ive done it before.. nothing really too interesting result-wise. My friends did it when I was in the other room and they asked what color my boxers were and it spelled out "blue" and sure enough..

MissWrath

Somewhat of a long story. Tried to keep in the main details.
I've never touched one. I'm Hispanic and learned about all the supernatural things by the time I was in 3rd grade. The ouija board is something we don't mess with. My family had a bad experience with it when I was only a few months old. My older cousins were about 14-16 years old and were in my aunts basement. They were using one to communicate to a cousin of mine who had killed himself on thanksgiving. According to the spirit, my cousin was killed by the nurses. My aunt came down and they told her who they were talking to and because it had only been a few weeks after the funeral, she got upset told them it was all fake. She cursed at it and disrespected it. She was pregnant at the time, and only had about 2 months left to go. She said that if the ouija board was real, it would take out what's inside her (her baby). She obviously only said it so my cousins would put it away and they did. Everyone went home around 10 and Around 3am, my aunt was rushed to the hospital. She had lost her baby. Ever since then, we respect what it can do, but never again will anyone in our family use it.

i played it at a sleepover with an acquaintance from a theater group i was in, and we asked it basic questions but then for no reason it went in the figure 8 motion really fast which on the instructions means the spirit is angry and then it moved to goodbye really fast. it was creepy, i don't think she would be the type of person to mess with me, i'm pretty sure she wasn't, because she also has a very introverted/shy personality so it was probably real.
i might use one again in the future, but i don't own one so it might not ever happen again.

Crax

A few years ago my friends and I were talking about them, because they are a very interesting concept to teenagers. Into that creepy, scary movie stuff, haha. And the only person who had used it was my friend's mom. She said that they asked the board who would die first, and it spelled out one of the girl's names. They were pretty creeped out about it, but nothing happened for a few years. They brushed it off and believed that nothing was going to happen. So a few years down the road, the friend died in a pretty horrible, bloody accident. Nothing about it was normal and nothing about it was natural.

So ever since I heard that story I have never wanted to use one.
But I am also the person who is afraid to walk in cemeteries at night because I've always been told it invites the spirits, both good and bad, to come unto you.
I have my own special place to talk to those who have gone before me and to feel of them (my grandparents, uncle, etc. anyone who I cared deeply about).
So I just go there where I am happy. I don't even want to risk something bad happening to me or anyone I love.

Ouija or Spirit Boards as one may call it are produced by toy company's as a child's board game. But the history of the board i believe started in China back in 1100 AD i think it was called Fuji or something with an F. But the Chinese used it as a tool to speak to the dead. BUT. they held special rituals to cleanse the room and welcome in certain spirits from the past and always were held supervised by a Priest of some sort. #LoveThisTopic :)

This thread is being moved to debates; PLEASE REMEMBER when you ask questions about topics that could be considered controversial, this is where they belong!

MyVMK Rules said:
Highly Controversial Topics
These conversations tend to lead to violent outbursts based on strong personal beliefs. Posts which contain political commentary, religious or other highly controversial topics will be removed and action will be taken depending on the severity. These topics may (but are not limited to) contain beliefs/opinions on religion, political subject matter (i.e., new governmental laws, candidates, etc.), abortion, sexual orientation and/or highly controversial current events. This rule does not apply to the debates section.

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
Oh god no. Never will I ever touch one. I've heard really creepy stories, and reading the posts are scary enough. My mom had a Ouija board when she was little but got rid of it once told of those experiences people had. They're way too scary. :scared: :corner:

What has happened to you ❓[DOUBLEPOST=1433638001][/DOUBLEPOST]My grandmother told me a story once that my uncle used to play with it. He wanted to get rid of it and he threw it away in a random dumpster. When he came back home it was in his house. 0.0
I used it once by myself (I realize now that was the dumbest thing to do lol) but ever since then, I've experienced many paranormal activity in my house like footsteps, voices, and a bunch of other creepy things. So yea, highly recommend people not to mess with it.

I used it once by myself (I realize now that was the dumbest thing to do lol) but ever since then, I've experienced many paranormal activity in my house like footsteps, voices, and a bunch of other creepy things. So yea, highly recommend people not to mess with it.
OMG that's crazy. I get so scared of everything! I will not being doing this! 0.0

Bimbette

Your #1 Bimb
I'm a very superstitious person, I don't avoid cracks on the sidewalk and I don't avoid cats, but I do certain things. I'd never use one because it's disrespectful to certain cultures, and disrespectful to the spirits. Not to mention you cOULD DIE.

Zelena

I use to use Ouija boards all the time. Before you use one though you should know the facts and what not to do. It can be dangerous, but not so if you know what you're doing. Using a Ouija board is like a "portal" for spirits/demons. Anyone can contact you and try and hurt you, but not if you use it correctly (i know i keep saying this, BUT IT'S TRUE). I've had some spine tingling experiences, but not all were "scary". Apparently my sister and i contacted Elizabeth Bathory. She doesn't like going into my room anymore because it gives her bad vibes and certain objects in the room use to constantly move in the afternoon/night. The objects haven't moved in about 2 years though, so that's happy (though i strongly believe my uncle and grandmother are "haunting" our house)

Megara

no sleep club
tried it once in middle school. it was obvious who was moving it tbh
idk i'm not superstitious, and it makes me laugh that the ouiji board is in the board games section in stores

my mom used one as a kid and now we've never been able to have one in our house i guess some weird stuff happened to her when she used one

Lost

I wouldn't use one, they don't have any link to the dead or afterlife imo.

I believe that people move it subconsciously and thus don't realise they are they ones who are doing it.