Ouija Board

Murph

DON'T BE LASAGNA
I'd really like to use one. Ever since I was little I've been terrified of the dark, and for good reasons.. When I was 6 my dad died. When I was 8, my friend (WHO WAS VERY SCARY AND WE ALL THOUGHT SHE WAS A WHICH) stayed the night at my house. We played this game where she rubbed our temples and said to think of certain things, then she freaked out and said she saw my dad walking up the stairs an into my moms room. I thought she was nuts because she really kinda was. (She pretended to have seizures and say Bloody Mary did it tbh) About two weeks later I was sleeping in my moms room on the floor bc I was always scared to sleep alone, and my sister slept in there too. I woke up to the sound of the bedroom door opening and I thought it was just one of them. Then the door closed but nobody got back into the bed, and I was like "Mom? Is that you?" and I looked up on the bed and THEY WERE BOTH IN IT AND I WAS LIKE LOL NO. So I looked at the door and there was this tall black figure looking down at me. I looked up and down at it, then it was gone. I got up and told my mom but she thought I was dreaming. I didn't go back to sleep cause I was too scared. And for a while now, I sometimes hear humming at night, tapping on my ceiling, (It happens in certain patterns. Like, taptap taptaptap tap ) and im the only one who hears it. In my room, I have a TV sitting on a stand. The TV is fairly heavy. My bed is only about two feet shorter than my wall. So the stand for my TV fits in there pretty tight. One night I woke up to a huge bang and realized the TV was partly on my bed. With the way I adjusted the TV, it really shouldn't have fell forward. I still hear foot steps, what sounds like a large man walking up the stairs, sometimes my door starts shaking. And I almost forgot, in April I was laying in bed, and it started to shake. I thought it was an earth quake but when it stopped I realized it was only my bed that moved. My cat got really scared and my guinea pigs started squeeking REALLY loud. I want to know why all that stuff keeps happening but tbh im scared im gonna get possessed. I'm kinda used to in now. Whenever something weird happens Im like "IF YOURE A GHOST CAN YOU LIKE, NOT. IM BUSY"

Update - I was just downstairs ALONE, and the cupboard door opened a little then slammed shut ty if i never return u kno why

Last edited:

AngelAura

Aight so i was just scrolling through the debate section and i found this and i, someone with knowledge of Ouija boards, became a bit agitated. Now, that's not meant as an insult to anybody at all but rather exhaustion at all the misinformation about Ouija boards that's out there.

FIRST: The Ouija board is patented as a game, and sold as one. In the late 1800's (it was patented in the 1890's) it was typically played as a parlor game. There was nothing necessarily scary about this game, and it was considered fairly harmless up until the release of The Exorcism movie. It's said to be based on a "true tale" which is only partially true. Yes, there was a boy who was possessed after his family member introduced him to the game. HOWEVER there is no knowledge of what was going on in his household around the time of his possession, so the Ouija board cannot be blamed for his possession. This case is the only record of a possession near a Ouija board that wasn't later proven to be the result of hallucinogenic drugs or mental illness, and even this case is one to debate again because of the circumstances.
"But it opens portals for demons and spirits!" No, it doesn't. Nothing opens up portals. Spirits can lie, and masquerade as demons. They can be goaded to leave, and it's rare to get a nasty spirit.
"But demons!"
Demons cannot be summoned by means of an Ouija board. It takes A LOT more than cardboard and plastic to summon a demon, my friends.
Basically...
1.Portals are not opened and spirits cannot be freed- they're already free, they aren't confined anywhere.
2.Figure 8's don't mean anger, theyre just trying to scare you. If Mr.Smith was a horrible mean old person when he was alive, there's no reason he wouldn't be when he's dead.
3.Don't ask how they died. Some spirits don't like to talk about it, as many don't when traumatic events occur, and some find it rude. Also, they may not even know. AND they don't know when you will die, even if they say weird dates. They really can't know
4.BE POLITE!!!! Spirits were once people, so don't purposefully antagonize them! It's rude, and spirits will be much more open to talk if you're polite. Ask if it's okay to ask personal questions, just as you would with any human in front of you.
5. Always say goodbye, and make sure the spirit moves the planchette to goodbye.
6. Not every spirit that can move things is scary. Remember, they cant speak and their only way of communication might be pushing things on shelves. This doesn't mean they're malicious, and in my experience(I was waking up with scratch marks all over my body that weren't caused by me or any object in the bed) you can tell the spirit to stop. Literally, acknowledge them and ask if they can stop. Worked for me.

tl;dr Ouija boards are a game basically and aren't portals and can't summon demons and any spirits you contact are already free and not "confined" to the board(THEY CANT BE RELEASED). They're practically harmless, but do be aware when using them. It IS possible for spirits to follow you home, be it bc you were rude or maybe they thought you were a nice and lovely person(it's still uncommon though)! If you aren't comfortable with this fact then maybe don't use an Ouija board, but if you do (and I'm saying this for emphasis) BE POLITE LIKE YOU WOULD TO ANY OTHER HUMAN BEING.
So yeah. This was a long post on an old thread ik but I really hate seeing misinformation and fear being spread.
If you have any more questions research is your friend(a great blog for this is theouijagirl on tumblr, as she's one of my favorite sources and very kind :)
have fun with the spirits, kids.

I've never used one, but someone in my bestie's family did.
It was before they moved into their previous house, and some cousins were playing with a Ouija board. Apparently they've never told the rest of the family what exactly happened, but they had a priest come in and cleanse the house. I can tell you for a fact that there were crucifixes over every doorway/entrance.

mark

10 mins late to everything
me and my sister bought a pink one from toys r us

but w8 m8 it guessed how many people were in a room correctly, also my time of birth and only my mom knew bc she did live the pain u know

no im not lying it was pink:

WE GOT IT BC IT WAS $5 CHEAPER ON SALE AND THEN WE RETURNED BC LOL??? I'D RATHER BUY MONOPOLY SPONGEBOB EDITION OR LIFE

joshzj

I like giraffes
I just saw this looking through debates and a staff member from my camp told me about how he did one on a trip to israel and then it told him her name and when she was born and died. Later on the trip he was in a cemetery and he saw a gravestone with the same name and birth/death. Im like really creeped out and never want to use one ever

I just saw this looking through debates and a staff member from my camp told me about how he did one on a trip to israel and then it told him her name and when she was born and died. Later on the trip he was in a cemetery and he saw a gravestone with the same name and birth/death. Im like really creeped out and never want to use one ever
Woah now that is crazy! If you look up on youtube " Ouija board gone wrong" THOSE VIDEOS ARE SCARY!

nooooo way i hate scary things xD i have never been willing to watch a horror movie or anything. Tbh some pg rated movies scare me :P
oh i just posted it LOL![DOUBLEPOST=1445199181][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have used one ALOT when i was younger.. I do not recommend anyone doing it. Not gonna go into details why. :)
*wants to know details* xD!

I am wary of ouija boards... I don't believe in them but there's still that "what if"! My roommates and I got one as a housewarming gift.

BUT THIS VIDEO THOUGH (it's obviously fake but still scary as heck :/)

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
ok....but WHY would you want to talk to ghosts? do you think they're going to be your friend? do you think you're going to braid eachother's hair? listen to tswift's 1989 together? talk about your crushes? ya..i don't think so. c'mon ppl make good choices nd remember that curiosity killed the cat.

Zelena

I've used one a lot in my day. I've had good and bad experiences. To this day I believe I have myself a little ghost stalker (though nothing too creepy or ominous has happened since moving from NY to florida). Be safe and remember that ghosts can be harmful and harmless. Your friendly neighborhood weirdo