[POLL] Confusion and Disappointment with Waterslide Prize Announcement.

Do you think everyone who wins the Waterslide Team Competition deserves an Inferno Magic?

• Yes! Those that are in the Top 10 deserve an Inferno Magic like the Gingerbread Competition.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • No, It only should be awarded only to those who win Grand Prize.

Votes: 40 60.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackstock

don't you fret, my dear
I'd rather have more than just a few prizes for those that are only going to be winning participation prizes, but that's only because I don't have that much confidence in my building and I don't think I'll win runner-up lol. But I mean, basically people would really only want inferno if they won. Wonder how much the economy would change if, as Jasmine predicts, 30 or so more infernos are going to be given out? Quite interesting imo to see people's reactions. I quite like the runner-up prizes however...could care less about winning inferno for myself; if I got it I'd most likely either trade it or give it away. *shrug* Personally, I just want a Lagoonagator hat :)

Oh when I said grand prize winner, I meant any in general. I thought at first though there would only be one grand prize winner (team sure I could have worded it better, more precisely) who would win everything and inferno as mentioned by someone before. I don't blame them for an educated guess though as I assume the breakdown of judging is something we have yet to know for sure when the results are released. Fortunately it seems there will at least be a few other grand prize winning teams who will also win the inferno from what I gather or am I misreading? That's better considering how many teams entered...wow! The thing about the participation prize is finding what's suitable that matches the occasion of the event. Although MyVMK hasn't followed VMK to the T, so I get what people are getting at on preferring something different, but then that would just be wishing for what they want when something is already done which is fine but I think there is a better way to distribute wanted items in future events, sold in stores, or something for another time. Know what I mean?

And furthermore, why can't anything actually be civil. Why can't people just go "Meh, the prizes kinda stink. Maybe we could have such and such as a prize instead?" Why do people ALWAYS have to act like we're all in third grade and flail their arms in the air and say things like "this is pathetic" and "the staff only think for themselves." Like seriously? We want the staff to change the rules since we're "all adults," yet people have the gall to throw tantrums the moment it doesn't go exactly their way?
THIS. I personally did not participate but this whole thread makes me sick. It makes me sad that people can't trust that Staff have the best intentions, rather we openly criticize them and STILL expect them to give more? gg

Oswin

Overall I think the prize announcement is a disappointment to most players and shows that staff can't think for themselves as far as prizes are concerned.
Well, if you win, I will gladly accept any prizes that you don't want.

I'm not sure why you say that staff "can't think for themselves." Although the prizes are similar, they are certainly not the same as from VMK. Actually, I would say these prizes are better! Here's what VMK gave to it's participants/winners:

Participation Prize
Every player who participated in the event will receive this prize

• Green Blizzard Beach Ski Chair
Runner Up Prize
Each player on a runner up team will receive these prizes:

• 2 Blue Blizzard Beach Ski Chairs
  • 2 Green Typhoon Lagoon Crates
  • Top Ten Pin
  • 2,000 Credits
Grand Prize
Each Player on a Grand Prize winning team will receive these prizes:

• 2 Blue Blizzard Beach Ski Chairs
  • 4 Green Typhoon Lagoon Crates
  • Top Ten Pin
  • 4,000 Credits
  • Dancing Inferno Pin

Blackstock

don't you fret, my dear
THIS. I personally did not participate but this whole thread makes me sick. It makes me sad that people can't trust that Staff have the best intentions, rather we openly criticize them and STILL expect them to give more? gg
Remember, whenever you don't get the biggest and best from competitions/things like Dreams Month, Staff are conspiratorial and threatening to bring the entire economy down, so throwing a tantrum and openly hating on them is apparently the best way to counteract rather than just...you know... sending an email suggesting more/better prizes for the next competition or just being polite about expressing their opinions.

Gallifreyan

The Slightly More Chosen One
Someone mentioned a Black Flip Hat being a cool winning or consolation prize and I completely agree. That would have been very cool.
tbh I thought that was gonna happen huehue.
I'm pretty sure they're not giving runners up infernos because there would be so many people winning because of the team thing.

Honestly I had fun doing this competition and I know a lot of other people did too so that's all that really matters.

Ranch

This thread is nothing more than an attack.. We can see where greedy points were trying to punch through, but it's nothing more than a vulgar tantrum. And just like an attack on a member, it should be deleted.

But what makes this thread so bonkers, is that it's coming from a grand prize winning (presumably) build's member. It's like peeking and crying about your presents the day before Christmas.

If I post all of my thoughts, I'd just be echoing a majority of others who have already posted.
Personally, the prizes are just an added bonus to me. Therefore, I will simply say that I am honored to be a participant in this competition because at the end of it all, I was able to meet four amazing people who helped each other build an amazing 6 room water slide and that is all that should really matter. :halcyon:

This thread is nothing more than an attack.. We can see where greedy points were trying to punch through, but it's nothing more than a vulgar tantrum. And just like an attack on a member, it should be deleted.

But what makes this thread so bonkers, is that it's coming from a grand prize winning (presumably) build's member. It's like peeking and crying about your presents the day before Christmas.
Screaming

Honestly I just thought it was fun having people ride and appreciate something my team and I made! Even though it may not have been as "high end" or had many rare items I felt it was creative and fun! Not everything has to be about prizes! Be happy we at least receive a participation gift! And if that's the only reason you entered is for the prizes then you probably don't deserve it in the first place. Not to mention these are indeed VIRTUAL items...

Exodus

This thread is disturbing on so many levels.

First of all, directly tagging @ a staff and rudely criticizing them for something that hasn't been completely explained is blatantly disrespectful and shows ignorance.
Okay, so there were 97 teams. Let's pretend there will be 3 categories (1 grand + 10 runner up per category). So at least 33/97 teams win somewhere... and let's assume there's an average of 4 people per team... that's a whopping 132 people (probably more) who will win at least a runner up prize. Nobody was promised inferno in the beginning, and personally I entered because I love building (if I win something, that's just a bonus). So many people are going to be getting prizes and the prizes are even a little better than what we got from VMK. Sure, anyone would love to win 5* inferno and a million credits, but that's just not how it's going to be. I'm grateful.
Just quoting for those who skimmed past it. This gives a better idea of how the prize distribution might be.

I think you are confusing Participation prizes with consolation prizes. Those that place in the top11 will have really put in the time during this event.
This was VERY poor wording and insulting to all teams participating. Just because judges are limited to choosing a particular amount of winners, doesn't mean the rest of the 80+ teams had put forth any less effort. Given proof from the gingerbread house competition, they have chose a variety of rooms ranging from simple to over the top for grand prizes and runner up.

Last edited:

Question

Very Questionable
oh noooOOooooo, i can't get a virtual magic, THIS IS A TRAGEDY!!!!11

Ok who are you to judge who put effort into their rooms and who didn't? How many credits they spent? Oh oops I guess my team didn't put a lot of effort into our ride because we built it out of the dreaded PIXELS. Building rides should've been extremely fun because if you don't even like building, why even enter? For the possibility you might win? That's no fun especially if you really don't get what you want. The most important thing about this competition is that you got to make new friends or even get closer with some of the friends you already have. If you get this salty over not winning then you really did not have much fun. The FUN is the real prize of the competition.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
The most important thing about this competition is that you got to make new friends or even get closer with some of the friends you already have.
Extremely true. I can say that I personally reconnected with friends I haven't talked to in years which was such an amazing experience. That's what really made this event great for me. :aww:I could care didly squat about winning/loosing. lol[DOUBLEPOST=1405120034][/DOUBLEPOST]But for the people who truly are upset because they only participated for personal gain:

InaDaze

The Confused One.
I can totally see what @savvy.max is trying to say here and I do somewhat agree that the prizes are a bit lacking when compared to the Gingerbread Competition, just because it was such a gigantic prize in terms of wealth that it was indeed extremely silly and left extremely high expectations for prizes in other competitions. There's no need to condemn someone for voicing his opinion and start attacking that person for when it is completely reasonable for someone to have such a reaction as this. I don't agree with everything Max says but there's just no need to continue beating the dead horse on what's been said. Just chalk it up on the board as something you don't agree with and move on if someone/some people have already said something about it.

The only issue that I can see about the Inferno suggestion is what @Jasmine and @Silhouette already said. Staff obviously see Inferno as a prize that should be very difficult to obtain through trade and should not be on the same level as super rares. Releasing so many infernos as prizes in this competition would basically equate Inferno to around the status of a Super Rare, probably a bit more since it's such a demanded item.

I participated in the competition to mainly just get the participation prize and work on building a ride with a couple people I had never really talked to and it was fun to work with them and see our ride come to shape. I didn't have a whole lot of time to work on my room as I was gone for about half of the competition and was really only able to get one room made. If there's team competitions in the future I will certainly look to work with them or maybe even go and work with other people or friends to make something fun with them for all to enjoy :)

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Totally agree the prize was reconnecting with Friends and making new ones. I got to work with Jumangi. The first ever ride competition in VMK. I was on his Everest team. While we were waiting to be judged during this ride competition we laughed. Why? We were remembering that the team was made up of Mansion players and the other guys did not want me on the team. Because I was not a very good builder. He had to talk them into letting me on the team. Out of all the games, high scores, prized clothing the only thing that lasts is cherish memories. Because of the act of kindness I made a life long friend and the confidence to learn how to build. So you can say it is all because of Jumangi's belief in my abilities that I learned to build what I do today. I hope many players got to experience this feeling too during the event. Inspired to keep building bigger and better creations. PS we lost the competition. But my Yeti room was great :) I do not even remember what the prize was. I remember the people a spent hours and hours together with :)

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
Even if they do choose 3 grand prize winners for this competition they will only be releasing at total 18 inferno magics compared to the 45 that were released during the Gingerbread Competition it still woefully inadequate. Apparently only those that entered and were around for the Gingerbread Competition deserve to win inferno. I believe awarding one competition close to 3 times the amount more then another is unfair. No one has an argument about this huge value disparity and instead people are deflecting and talking about how much fun they had.

Status
Not open for further replies.