[POLL] Confusion and Disappointment with Waterslide Prize Announcement.

Do you think everyone who wins the Waterslide Team Competition deserves an Inferno Magic?

• Yes! Those that are in the Top 10 deserve an Inferno Magic like the Gingerbread Competition.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • No, It only should be awarded only to those who win Grand Prize.

Votes: 40 60.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
Congrats on wasting countless hours on your room to only award at the most 6 more Inferno Magics into the game.... Meanwhile the Gingerbread Competition gave the 3 separate Winners 5x 1* Inferno and an addition 30 members 1* Inferno... Overall I think the prize announcement is a disappointment to most players and shows that staff can't think for themselves as far as prizes are concerned. @Grizzly good job! Enjoy your now ultra rare Lagoonagator Hat. Stupid and upsetting.

Every winner deserves an Inferno Magic and the Grand Prize should be 5x 1* Inferno like Gingerbread.

Added by a mod per request- The opinions expressed above are of the OP's alone and do not represent the opinions of his team.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlsCabals

although I think the winners should obviously be getting a really great prize... for so many hours and time spent trying to build a nice room, I think the consolation prize should be a bit greater.
maybe even some credits back for all the ones we spent?

its possible that staff also thought there were some teams that only entered the competition for a consolation prize, and didn't really try...

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Ok, ok, ok. I know that we're all disappointed with the prizes but I don't think it's really fair to say such condescending things when you don't know why the decisions were made. I think instead of saying what you said, you should be offering suggestions and solutions.

Congrats on wasting countless hours on your room...
Nobody wasted any time. The prize may not be exactly what we wanted, but there is a prize and it is a nice one. Yes, 5* Inferno would've been preferable, but 1* isn't really that bad either. I think some people got so caught up in the idea that the staff were going to give us this prize that was out of this world and forgot to realize that as we don't know what the prize is, our whole game play shouldn't revolve around our expectations. And if the prizes are really that bad, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands. :D I have numerous friends who don't have the time to play that I'm sure would love a gift upon their return.

Overall I think the prize announcement is a disappointment to most players and shows that staff can't think for themselves as far as prizes are concerned. @Grizzly
I don't get this statement at all. How are the staff thinking for themselves?

Every winner deserves an Inferno Magic and the Grand Prize should be 5x 1* Inferno like Gingerbread.
Here's the thing though. This isn't the Gingerbread contest. The prizes and participating prizes were amazing for that event, but this is a whole new event. There was nothing put out on what the prizes would be and although disappointing, they aren't nearly as bad as they could be.

With that said, I respect everybody and their right to be upset. However, I don't think such harsh statements should be made. Personally, my team didn't spend as much as some of the other participants, but we had so much fun building and reconnecting with eachother. Regardless of what excuses you want to make, when it comes down to it, this was an event meant to encourage interactive and team building. Although a competition, it wasn't meant to be some war and people really need to stop taking the game so seriously. If you're going to be upset over the prize quantity when you willingly participated, knowledgeable of the fact that the prize was unannounced, then you really should reevaluate your gameplay experience.

Every room building event is unique, and I really loved this experience. I think there should be 3 of these events every year, each with different prizes (with the Gingerbread contest having the biggest prize).

Someone mentioned a Black Flip Hat being a cool winning or consolation prize and I completely agree. That would have been very cool.

Peace, love and oreos. :halcyon:

Last edited:

savvy.max

although I think the winners should obviously be getting a really great prize... for so many hours and time spent trying to build a nice room, I think the consolation prize should be a bit greater.
maybe even some credits back for all the ones we spent?

its possible that staff also thought there were some teams that only entered the competition for a consolation prize, and didn't really try...
I think you are confusing Participation prizes with consolation prizes. Those that place in the top11 will have really put in the time during this event.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
It's the staff's decision about what they give out. People had fun doing this, and some weren't doing the competition just to win the prizes, but to have fun with each other. Don't be so bitter about this, the staff chose what to give this time, maybe events later will be different

Last edited:

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I think instead of complaining, people should be offering suggestions....I don't see how being bitter or rude is ever going to fix anything. /: I do think the staff try to make an effort to use our suggestions, but I think not just the staff, but anybody would become very stand off-ish if people started attacking them without even hearing their reasoning.

savvy.max

@Oreo in the land of peace love and happiness that is this forum we should all constantly praise everything the staff does and suggest nicely that they give decent prizes. 45 Inferno Magics compared to at most 6 Inferno Magics is a pathetically uneven distribution of prizes. Some ugly hat no one is going to wear is not a replacement for Inferno Magic. I cannot go out and spend 45$ on some Disney Movies I was already going to buy to get myself Inferno Magic and there are players that want 5* Inferno. It is impossible to justify the uneven prize distribution especially since the Waterside was a much more difficult contest compared to the Gingerbread Contest.

I think since this contest was a bit more difficult than the gingerbread one, the prize should be better. With finding the right members for a team, working together, spending all those credits to make a bunch of rooms, it is kind of a let down.
I think the judging should be separated into 3-4 different categorizes. Such as Color, Creativity, and so on. There can be 1 Grand prize winner for each category, receiving x5 1* Inferno's. And maybe 5 smaller winners, to each category, receiving x1 1* Inferno.
More winners, just a suggestion (:

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I am not disappointed with the prizes.We built for the fun of competition. There was no guarantee that the prize would be inferno. Even in vmk the prize was not great for water slide competition. We would all laugh that we work so hard for a crate :) Some people just built to win a "possible inferno" I did not even think inferno would be part of the prize. So I am surprised it is even there which is nice for the winners. Just because they did it for gingerbread does not mean all room/ride events should be the same. I actually spent less time building my rooms for the ride than I did on gingerbread. Gingerbread was also more expensive than was the ride competition. Why? Because many teams share items. If one player did not have it another player did. I know many many teams did this. When we joined up we did not build to win inferno. We had no idea what the prize was. If it had been just a pin our team would have put in the same effort. Because it is a competition against other myvmk players. To even have you name listed as a top team is a great honour. So no the water slide was not more difficult than the gingerbread. It was alot(a lot) more fun you made new and good friends.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
@Oreo in the land of peace love and happiness that is this forum we should all constantly praise everything the staff does and suggest nicely that they give decent prizes. 45 Inferno Magics compared to at most 6 Inferno Magics is a pathetically uneven distribution of prizes. Some ugly hat no one is going to wear is not a replacement for Inferno Magic. I cannot go out and spend 45$ on some Disney Movies I was already going to buy to get myself Inferno Magic and there are players that want 5* Inferno. It is impossible to justify the uneven prize distribution especially since the Waterside was a much more difficult contest compared to the Gingerbread Contest.
I'm not saying everything has to be "peace love and happiness" and I'm not "praising everything." To be 100% honest, what I'm essentially saying is that everybody needs to stop throwing stupid fits and tone it down like 10 notches. Nobody is dying, nobody is being wronged, it's not the end of the world. Essentially people are upset because they aren't getting exactly what they wanted. You're allowed to be upset and I think the prizes could be A LOT better, but for the love of Yavn and for the sake of everybody still trying to have a good time, don't go and wreck havoc just because you're upset.

I am not disappointed with the prizes.We built for the fun of competition. There was no guarantee that the prize would be inferno. Even in vmk the prize was not great for water slide competition. We would all laugh that we work so hard for a crate :) Some people just built to win a "possible inferno" I did not even think inferno would be part of the prize. So I am surprised it is even there which is nice for the winners. Just because they did it for gingerbread does not mean all room/ride events should be the same. I actually spent less time building my rooms for the ride than I did on gingerbread. Gingerbread was also more expensive than was the ride competition. Why? Because many teams share items. If one player did not have it another player did. I know many many teams did this. When we joined up we did not build to win inferno. We had no idea what the prize was. If it had been just a pin our team would have put in the same effort. Because it is a competition against other myvmk players. To even have you name listed as a top team is a great honour. So not the water slide was not more difficult than the gingerbread. It was alot more fun you made new and good friends.
This 150 kabillion times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are you all getting this information? I can't find it.

Littlebelle

Also the winners will have their ride copied. To stay in myvmk somehow. That is so much better than an inferno if you are a true room builder. I wish my rooms were able to be copied. :( You can show off you room forever and see keep all your stuff for trading or using on another room. My gingerbread room is still up and it will always be there but I have not got this ability.

CandyCars

Well I had a rough time with this contest... I never till the last few days had a solid team ( of 2 ) :(

I don't want to get upset because I don't think I'll even get runner up...

I was hoping we could all get the hats; I think staff have too many exclusive items we all want.

Littlebelle

Well I had a rough time with this contest... I never till the last few days had a solid team ( of 2 ) :(

I don't want to get upset because I don't think I'll even get runner up...

I was hoping we could all get the hats; I think staff have too many exclusive items we all want.
We do all get hats winners get Lagoonagator Hat everyone else gets ice gator hat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.