Possible Public Rooms?

What do you think about these public rooms?

• Total voters
How did you design these? Did you use pre-existing graphics from the movies? Also none of it is really isometric and the art style is a bit different from VMK.

You did a great job; however....the rooms are not design-friendly with the furniture and avatar size. I do prefer to see rooms and items geared towards the parks, sorry. :(

MGMT

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

@Arctic Yes I am using pre-existing graphics from the each respective movie. But even doing that, it takes a lot of time to set things into perspective,etc. I do use an Isometric Grid before making the rooms so I'm not sure how its not isometric. If you remove the Zeus Statue from the room, you can see how it's isometric. Maybe the statue makes it seems as if its not.

If people are interested, I can try and put something else together or make further changes to rooms of your choice. I already heard a couple of people say they don't really like the clouds so that could be something I can fix. Anything else?

Sorry, but I just feel like they don't fit style wise. I don't know I just don't feel like they should be public rooms either.

Lost

Okay, I don't like to be the bad guy, but VMK is based off of Disney parks. Not the movies. I'd be fine with seeing more things appear, like a Carrousel of Progress room, but I don't want Public rooms based on movies. That's not what VMK was about. If it's not in one of the parks, or based on the idea of VMK being a park, it's not a valid public room IMO. It's hard to put this into any real rule, but go through VMK. There are absolutely zero public rooms that were based off of a movie. Items? Sure. I'd love more items from the movies. Guest rooms? Sure, they did that a lot.

Think before you suggest. Be a critic to your ideas.Does what I think should be in here fit with the overarching idea of VMK, keeping in mind the key factors that have changed (IE players age has risen, which would change how decisions would be handled)? If the answer is no, you should probably reanalyze your idea. I'd love to see a Star Tours room, which makes a lot of sense compared to those rooms under the thought that VMK was based on DLR's Magic Kingdom, but when I actually analyze the idea, I ask myself, where would it go? Tommorrowland. Does Star Tours fit in VMK's Tomorrowland? The answer there is no, unfortunately, so no matter how cool the idea is, it would be doomed to be out of place, because the space themed area of Tomorrowland is a distinct entity, and wouldn't work with Star Tours. So no go there. Carrousel of Progress fits better for sure, though still a bit out of place. Does this mean we shouldn't have Star Wars items? No. VMK added Pixar items, so we know they weren't against use of subsidiary companies for costumes or pins.

I'd love to see Disney stuff used more in those areas. Quite excited to see what people come up with! Which brings me to your idea. They're neat ideas, and I'd be interested in seeing them as guest rooms if they were tweaked to be more VMK like in style. But as Public Rooms on the map, I'd be staunchly opposed. They just wouldn't fit. Never can fit, and any attempt to make them fit would doom them to being shoehorned in in a section with a weird amalgam of ideas that make no sense, but they were cool, so we threw them here where 10 unlike rooms, of no real theme are smashed together for the sake of having them in. It's a disservice to VMK, and a disservice the rooms.I encourage people to think beyond the does this look cool factor.
This.

I did like the last room for a guest room maybe if it were in VMK's style.

Here are 3 Public Rooms I made for OVMK. The one that took the longest was the Hercules Zeus Public Room. The rooms use art from the Disney Movies that I edited in photoshop. What do you guys think? :)
Zeus Public Room
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbF16LU_jfY
Zeus could be an NPC that you click and you obviously get credits, but every once in a blue moon, you can get the Hercules God Medallion(as seen in the pic below) It could be awarded to every so many people every many hours,etc.

Hunchback of Notre Dame Room
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juVOCLE0h6w

Tarzan Room
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwaJzd6a5XU
Okay, all of these are awesome! If I had to pick, it'd be the Tarzan one, but I would love to have all 3 of them! Awesome job :D

While I understand the critiques being given about this not being the appropriate style with "traditional VMK", there's no reason why we can't change it up! VMK is due for change anyway, it's been quite a bit since it's closed. Does that mean we can't add new pins/magic/clothing that wasn't in the original? of course not! So there's no reason why a change up in format isn't in order as well :) While a lot of you seem to be park-only fans, I love the parks and the movies, and these rooms are fantastically done. while I don't like a world dedicated to movies only because that would be slightly odd, sprinkling these rooms around the existing worlds would be a cute idea. For example, throwing Tarzan into Adventureland is plausible. I don't know, I just feel like a few additional rooms would be great, even if they stray outside the "Disney park" criteria. While the rooms should be bigger/have more avatar room, these rooms for NPCs is pretty adorable. My favorite is Tarzan by far! The roughest is probably Hercules, but they're all great, amazing work! :)

While I understand the critiques being given about this not being the appropriate style with "traditional VMK", there's no reason why we can't change it up! VMK is due for change anyway, it's been quite a bit since it's closed. Does that mean we can't add new pins/magic/clothing that wasn't in the original? of course not! So there's no reason why a change up in format isn't in order as well :) While a lot of you seem to be park-only fans, I love the parks and the movies, and these rooms are fantastically done. while I don't like a world dedicated to movies only because that would be slightly odd, sprinkling these rooms around the existing worlds would be a cute idea. For example, throwing Tarzan into Adventureland is plausible. I don't know, I just feel like a few additional rooms would be great, even if they stray outside the "Disney park" criteria. While the rooms should be bigger/have more avatar room, these rooms for NPCs is pretty adorable. My favorite is Tarzan by far! The roughest is probably Hercules, but they're all great, amazing work! :)
There's a big difference between changing the fundamental concept of the game (A virtual representation of the Disney parks), and the already quite random choices VMK made in regards to guest rooms, pins and clothing. That's not no reason. That's THE reason. The very first reason you should consider when making a game design choice. How does this fit the premise of the game? If you stray from the entire idea of the game, it's a totally different game. You can mess with trading, hats, and such because they are all peripheral to the idea of Virtual Magic Kingom. But if you change that, it become Virtual Disney.
It's not that I don't like the movies, I absolutely love them. I love Star Wars, as my name implies. But that's not the premise of this game. Disney has plenty of venues and games with exactly that premise. You wanna stomp around the GFFA (Galaxy far, far away) or China from Mulan? Play SWTOR or Kingdom Hearts. But VMK was the only place you could go around the Magic Kingdom (Okay, you can kinda do it in Epic Mickey). There's plenty of stuff left from the parks that isn't in VMK that I'd love to see, and quite a lot of new things since 2008. We are pretty far from needing to add stuff that isn't at the parks. I actually really like the Hercules one if I was forced to accept one though, a bit sad you don't like it. The lightning striking Zeus is incredibly badass, and quite brilliant, minus my minor critiques on the layout.