Votes: 12 13.3%
  • I don't care

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • No!

Votes: 19 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pink Flips were not part of the original game. ;)

One hat doesn't affect the value of another hat, no matter that it's a recolor. Green flips and the prime example of that.
Blessed shoes were already made for VMK Stories, but were never released.
And obviously, the crates aren't going to affect another crate; they're not considered a rare item.

It would most definitely affect the value of the original, rare item. In general, it would decrease demand for it, since people would just go buy any other color of that item.

If the whole recoloring thing is going to continue to happen, the method needs to change or we need new graphic designers. No offense to whoever does it now, but it looks like all they do is mess with the hue/saturation mixer. That does not make for good recoloring.
agreed sharks. i think most of these items were simply rushed to come out, like all the crate items. many people complained about getting catalog items so they had to do something.

If the whole recoloring thing is going to continue to happen, the method needs to change or we need new graphic designers. No offense to whoever does it now, but it looks like all they do is mess with the hue/saturation mixer. That does not make for good recoloring.
I agree 100 percent. I also do not like the new lollipop trees that were made. They lack shadowed features and dimension, plus their colors were all pastel-like colors, which don't seem to match any of the Christmas items that were already made. I love the idea of new ideas though, but they require a lot of work.

Geggy

Blessed shoes were already made for VMK Stories, but were never released.
And obviously, the crates aren't going to affect another crate; they're not considered a rare item.

It would most definitely affect the value of the original, rare item. In general, it would decrease demand for it, since people would just go buy any other color of that item.
Amy made the Pink Flips...I know they have VMKS in their title, but Amy made them.

In VMK, the Red Crate was quite rare. It was very valued! New colors didn't affect the value one bit.

I expect that in two months, you will see that the Princess Hat is still extremely valued, along with Stitch, above all of the other hats. ;)

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I think it is really nice we can all have princess minnie hats to wear. Personally green is one of my least favourite colours. It is nice and this makes all of us non pink minnie winners feel better. To me is does not effect the price /trade for the original. It is still super rare. Nice compromise. Remember not all people are avid traders I would say at least half or more are not. Thanks for letting us buy another type. I still would have liked to win an original and does not stop me from someday trying to acquire it. So yes, I like the new items and no I do not think it effects value and to and thinking this means you are looking at short term not long term.

Geggy

I agree 100 percent. I also do not like the new lollipop trees that were made. They lack shadowed features and dimension, plus their colors were all pastel-like colors, which don't seem to match any of the Christmas items that were already made. I love the idea of new ideas though, but they require a lot of work.

So, what you're basically saying with this poll, and your posts, is that you don't want anything that wasn't in the original VMK to be introduced into this game. Would that be a correct assessment?

If that's the case, I hope you were complaining when pixels were put into the game, or when the Angel Hat was introduced into oVMK, or when the Leroy Hat was introduced into MyVMK. If you want a game that doesn't have anything new for a few years, then please say so, because that's not what a lot of other people would want.

So, what you're basically saying with this poll, and your posts, is that you don't want anything that wasn't in the original VMK to be introduced into this game. Would that be a correct assessment?

If that's the case, I hope you were complaining when pixels were put into the game, or when the Angel Hat was introduced into oVMK, or when the Leroy Hat was introduced into MyVMK. If you want a game that doesn't have anything new for a few years, then please say so, because that's not what a lot of other people would want.
If you actually read my other comments, I said how I didn't want to see any new items BEFORE all other items were added. Who wouldn't I want new items? I'm just saying how recolored items, like the green Minnie Princess hat, look tacky, and I would most definitely not want a bunch of different colored Minnie hats in the game for reasons that others and myself have already said. This is just my opinion, but I'm sure others agree.

I don't recall the red crate being that valuable, so that might be my misunderstanding. They're now valuable in game, but only because they are no longer on sale.

And yes, I do expect the value for the original Princess Minnie and Stitch to be higher, but if we keep adding more "Leroys" or other different re-colored copies, they would decrease their value. Why not implement new hats instead of recolored ones?

Geggy

They're now valuable in game, but only because they are no longer on sale.

And yes, I do expect the value for the original Princess Minnie and Stitch to be higher, but if we keep adding more "Leroys" or other different re-colored copies, they would decrease their value. Why not implement new hats instead of recolored ones?
Items are not valued merely because they are no longer on sale. Example number one is the Churro Cart. They have been retired for nearly three months, but yet are completely worthless to most traders.

Yes, in fact, the Red Crate was very highly valued by traders in VMK. It was because they were retired beta, and very limited number, and people wanted them. New colors (orange and black) didn't diminish their value one tiny bit. A Princess Hat recolor will not affect the value of the Princess Hat at all because they are different hats. People will always know that one of them is retired, and highly valued, and they will always know the other one was on sale and aren't as valued.

You may or may not like new items that will, in fact come out. The holiday crates are a prime example of something new that's just been released. They don't affect the value of other items...and they don't affect whether the staff will release VMK-original items either.

Cat

Comparing crates to hats isn't really fair, because crates are useful only in huge batches, along with most other furniture items.
Whereas a hat, one is enough to hold someone. In fact, one color of the item would be enough to satisfy them.
So if I had my favorite colored minnie hat, lets say, red, I wouldn't really see any value or point in trying to get the purple one.
But crates, enough is never enough, y'know?
That's why I see error in recoloring items that are supposed to be rare and currently have a huge demand.

I mostly just want pure classic items to be released, and then we can have funzies with new items and such. (:
I guess in the end though, I don't care at all about the 'economy', i'm just eager to get the old items as quickly (and painlessly) as possible.

If you actually read my other comments, I said how I didn't want to see any new items BEFORE all other items were added. Who wouldn't I want new items? I'm just saying how recolored items, like the green Minnie Princess hat, look tacky, and I would most definitely not want a bunch of different colored Minnie hats in the game for reasons that others and myself have already said. This is just my opinion, but I'm sure others agree.

I don't recall the red crate being that valuable, so that might be my misunderstanding. They're now valuable in game, but only because they are no longer on sale.

I'm looking at the numbers for this survey, and at the time of this post the numbers are showing 19.15% Don't want re-colored items. This Leaves the balance for a form of yes, or I don't really care. We have over 80% who are ok/good with this. It looks like the argument is over to me.

I understand some don't like it, you are in the minority.

Oscaroni, you want all of the original items back before any new items are reintroduced. I say fine nobody gets anything new for a minimum of 5 years - It took 3 years and an entire staff of PAID employees to make what VMK was. You have far fewer people, who GRACIOUSLY DONATE all of their time, effort, and love for the game to this project.

Most of what I see is people who have some critique - it doesn?t look just so, I don?t like it, it?s not Disney.

I wouldn?t blame the entire lot of staff for saying enough, you don?t like anything I seem to do or try, and you just want everything now and for free. I can tell you what, how about NOTHING, and I will give you that for free too (though I would tend to include a piece of my mind with it?).

Yes you can have your opinion. Is your opinion always that you don?t like it?

I?m going to throw some general numbers out to you. For a new hat, top, pants and shoes it takes over 200 images. Those images are not being generated in Maya this time, they are being hand drawn. Each of those items needs to be added to a new file with a special mark for alignment called a registration point. That needs to be aligned per piece by hand on a character. This is to get ONE outfit.

I would think a little APPRECIATION could be shown for the MASSIVE amount of work that this game requires to make available to you all.

I?m in favor of making nothing available that wasn?t in the game just as a form of Punishment. My choice would be to make everything available to everyone all the time for next to nothing 10-200 credits. I hear a lot about an economy, this is a game. You want to be rich, get a job and make real money. You want to be cool, mentor a youth or help a senior center. Don?t pin those things on a game.

Thanks

Happy Holidays

g

I'm looking at the numbers for this survey, and at the time of this post the numbers are showing 19.15 Don't want re-colored items. This Leaves the balance for a form of yes, or I don't really care. We have over 80 who are ok/good with this. It looks like the argument is over to me.

I understand some don't like it, you are in the minority.

Oscaroni, you want all of the original items back before any new items are reintroduced. I say fine nobody gets anything new for a minimum of 5 years - It took 3 years and an entire staff of PAID employees to make what VMK was. You have far fewer people, who GRACIOUSLY DONATE all of their time, effort, and love for the game to this project.

Most of what I see is people who have some critique - it doesnt look just so, I dont like it, its not Disney.

I wouldnt blame the entire lot of staff for saying enough, you dont like anything I seem to do or try, and you just want everything now and for free. I can tell you what, how about NOTHING, and I will give you that for free too (though I would tend to include a piece of my mind with it).

Yes you can have your opinion. Is your opinion always that you dont like it?

Im going to throw some general numbers out to you. For a new hat, top, pants and shoes it takes over 200 images. Those images are not being generated in Maya this time, they are being hand drawn. Each of those items needs to be added to a new file with a special mark for alignment called a registration point. That needs to be aligned per piece by hand on a character. This is to get ONE outfit.

I would think a little APPRECIATION could be shown for the MASSIVE amount of work that this game requires to make available to you all.

Im in favor of making nothing available that wasnt in the game just as a form of Punishment. My choice would be to make everything available to everyone all the time for next to nothing 10-200 credits. I hear a lot about an economy, this is a game. You want to be rich, get a job and make real money. You want to be cool, mentor a youth or help a senior center. Dont pin those things on a game.

Thanks

Happy Holidays

g
I never said I was unappreciative for the workload these people take to recreate an entire game. I never mentioned the economy for the game. Why are you belittling the minority? Do you not see the error in that? Am I not allowed to state my opinion? And no, my opinion is not that I don't always like it. But if an opinion is that "Oh, I don't like that, let's change it" then that's saying that there's room for improvement. That's what the forums are for, to voice our ideas. If I were the only one feeling this way, I wouldn't be saying this. I'd rather see the original items return (or new ideas for the future) and not have a bunch of recolored rares. That's all I am saying.

Myth

I never said I was unappreciative for the workload these people take to recreate an entire game. I never mentioned the economy for the game. Why are you belittling the minority? Do you not see the error in that? Am I not allowed to state my opinion? And no, my opinion is not that I don't always like it. But if an opinion is that "Oh, I don't like that, let's change it" then that's saying that there's room for improvement. That's what the forums are for, to voice our ideas. If I were the only one feeling this way, I wouldn't be saying this. I'd rather see the original items return (or new ideas for the future) and not have a bunch of recolored rares. That's all I am saying.
I have to agree with Oscar on this one.
The majority of people right now desire the items that they either had or wanted badly in the original game right now before tons of new items because the new items dont hold as big of sentimental value and memories to them. Personally, If they holded off adding new items till we saw the return of the items, then people would NOT be complaining nearly as much. People just want to be satisfied and look/own what they had originally before new things because they want the items that mean a lot to them.
In terms of recoloring, I think its a fine idea as long as it isnt major items like super rares (as Oscar mentioned). If they recolored lessor valued items it wouldnt be as big of a deal at all. At least thats how I see it :p

It doesn't bother me to see different colors of items -- the more the merrier! :)

There was a bit of a mix up there Oscaroni, my apologies; this was not aimed at you specifically, only in part. The part that was specifically aimed at your comment was in regards to not having re-colors only the old materials. I think the new lolly trees are top notch!

Yes you are allowed your opinion, as I stated - the follow up was a question, again not you specifically, but the population at large. A thinking moment if you will.

These comments are not personal in nature, it?s not an attack on you or others, but potentially an opportunity to look at how people comment. Negativity in comments often brings out the very BEST in people don?t you think. Oh wait, it wasn't the best, it was in fact the opposite.

Take a step back and think of what this means to you (royal you not specifically you O) remember what happened in 2008 and think if it?s worth it to complain. Comment ? yes please comment, give something that would be beneficial, give solutions, and come up with your own magical items - design them. Make sure they would work/fit, and let someone know that you have a good idea, post an idea thread, but come with answers, solutions, or kudos. There are more than enough people in this world who want to ?critique? everything and everyone.

I appreciate that you have a voice. I appreciate that you want VMK to be better. Do more positive.

Thanks

g

Status
Not open for further replies.