release more rares

Would you rather see re-realses of current ultra rare's or a new rare item?

• Re-release old rares

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • New Rare item

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters
Last time they tried to release a new rare(the skull beanie) everyone went mad saying it wasnt fair because only 100 people got them. So its a bit of a difficult situation since they cant rerelease rares like the flip hats because that will devalue them a lot and people will lose money and they cant do another new rare flash sale because that upset a lot of people.

Last time they tried to release a new rare(the skull beanie) everyone went mad saying it wasnt fair because only 100 people got them. So its a bit of a difficult situation since they cant rerelease rares like the flip hats because that will devalue them a lot and people will lose money and they cant do another new rare flash sale because that upset a lot of people.
so like........ crates pls? :look:

Kinglaser

Crates, with a chance to get some of the old rares as well as one or two new ones. So many of the older rares, like green flip and all of the Crate #1's have been lost due to people quitting or being banned. Obviously dont release a lot more, but even like 5-10 of each wouldnt hurt too much (coming from someone who already has some of these items). I might be wrong about this last part, but I do recall Amy once saying that the Black Flip would be rereleased in some way (I remember her saying this back right before or right after they were originally retired) so adding a couple back into a crate would probably be the best way.

But if they did that. Say. Add 10 black flips into crates, 1. If the values drop, people who have them would be annoyed
2. People who complained last time about it "not being fair only 100 items were released" are not going to be happy with only 10 being rereleased

Its the demand of things like the black flip that makes them "rare" because a lot of people do already have them. If they start releasing more they just arent going to be in demand anymore and people wont be so interested in them.

I do agree with maybe adding some more crates, i havent been on the game so long and have never been here when things like crates or tsum bags were released so it would be a nice experience for me, but i do think it should be new rares,not old ones and they should not tell the community the number of the rares that are going to be released. This might help about the people complaining "they only released (number) its not fair"

But if they did that. Say. Add 10 black flips into crates, 1. If the values drop, people who have them would be annoyed
2. People who complained last time about it "not being fair only 100 items were released" are not going to be happy with only 10 being rereleased

Its the demand of things like the black flip that makes them "rare" because a lot of people do already have them. If they start releasing more they just arent going to be in demand anymore and people wont be so interested in them.

I do agree with maybe adding some more crates, i havent been on the game so long and have never been here when things like crates or tsum bags were released so it would be a nice experience for me, but i do think it should be new rares,not old ones and they should not tell the community the number of the rares that are going to be released. This might help about the people complaining "they only released (number) its not fair"
Who cares if people complain. Not trying to be mean or whatever but people are going to complain no matter what. They're going to complain even if their crates don't have the rares. You can't not do things because it'll upset people cause then nothing will happen.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
That is the risk with rares you just never know how long they may be rare for. They did this in the original vmk too. Jack sparrow was a lot more expensive a year ago. So were fire walls. Those who invested in a lot of them and paid 40K lost a lot of credits. People are going to complain no matter what is done. New players have almost no chance at items as the prices are beyond their means. So more rares of each item drops the price by half at least people would have a chance to buy items. Those that do have them still have a rare expensive item.

Only releasing a few won't affect the value enough for people to complain. It's been done before with a Christmas event, so it's not a new concept. And the crates system makes it so it's random, so as long as people are participating, they have a chance to win a rare item, and even if they don't get a rare, they get some kind of prize. It's kind of hard to justify a complaint when you have an equal chance. It all just comes down to luck. This kind of thing has been done multiple times, and yes people complain, but those complaints are just because they're upset they didn't win, not because it's unfair (well, maybe in their eyes it is). All in all that's really the only way to re-release rares fairly, at least that I can think of.

Things are RARE because they are no longer on sale and never will be, thats what gives them the demand. Everyone complaining that theyre "too expensive" are just crying because they dont have enough credits to buy one, so are asking for them to be rereleased. I dont have enough credits to buy a black flip yet, but that doesnt mean I'm going to sit complaining suggesting they should rerelease them so I can buy one. The idea of getting a rare item is something to be proud of, to be proud of the fact youve managed to raise enough credits to get one for yourself. I only started VMK a couple of months ago and ive managed to make myself enough credits to get all the rares I wish to get so far, new players can do that too. Everyone complaining that things are too expensive play some minigame or find alternate ways to make credits.

Honestly I have to disagree with you xCharlotte... I've only been a member of this vmk for a few months and honestly the most I have come by on here is 100k... The value of green flip or black flip is RIDICULOUS. You think people are going to get to a mill just by playing minigames? Not enough credits are given for that. And an alternate way to get credits? What do you mean? Selling other rares for a couple thousand credits? What if the player has nothing of an expensive worth to begin with? So they might be making 1-5k a clothing item or MAY come across a possible more expensive piece of furni. All the newer players don't stand a chance trying to get all the most higher up stuff for a LONG LONG time. I think it would be amazing to have crates with a few older rares regardless if the people who have been here from day one that already have a black flip, or green flip, or stitch and so on whine. None of the crates are guaranteed a higher rare it's just a chance of one. I think that is BEYOND fair.

Littlebelle

I disagree with this XCharolotte. I have had rare and sold many of them to buy building supplies for my rooms. We all look at rare differently. If you do not have rares to spend or trade you have very little chance of moving up in the game to even enjoy building rooms or running a nice game for others to play. Getting rare in this game is mostly luck not effort. Since most were from crates. Those that you actually had to work hard to get like room competition etc I think should stay rare. So yes I totally agree more random rares in crates. You also have a lot of players coming back after a year and new players starting would be nice to have some of the rares from that period put in too.

People can make credits in several ways. 1. playing minigames (especially on double credits!) 2. completeing player quests. 3. host events 4.trading 5. buying the items released in the shop each week and selling for more. 6. the keys from minigames and sits. 7. forum/newsletter competitions
If people want to make credits and they put the effort in they can do it.

-Even with double credits it still takes a while.
-Not enough people open their quests to get credits/items that way.
-Forum/newsletter is also a chance thing so the crates wouldn't be much a difference.
-The trading thing like mentioned above... Even if you purchase something in the emporium the price doesn't go up by much until WAY DOWN THE LINE.
-Host events look like they are all at night time. There used to be some in the morning which i attended all the time, but since they moved them night I can't attend ANY. What about the people who can't get on around then?

Last edited:
Yeah sure, I completely agree with putting new rares in crates, which gives a chance for players to gain new items which they could trade for older rares like the black flip, or keep if they like the item. but putting old rares into crates is just a bad idea because it ruins all the current pricings and upsets people. No on gets upset with new things in crates.

Littlebelle

When I came back I saw the firewalls drop from a high of 50K to 10K I was sad to see this but did not get too upset that is what happens. There were only a limited amount of firewalls too until they got released in pirate crates. Now one fire wall no biggy but if you have 20 that is a huge hit in your investment. That is a 600,000 credit lost. 50 firewalls which many players do own is a 1.5 million dollar hit. That is huge. You also are only thinking one sided. To save for that one million to 2 million dollar item means you are not building rooms, or really buying anything. Kind of takes the fun out of Myvmk being a social game. The prices are way too high. It discourages people not encourages people to play.