release more rares

Would you rather see re-realses of current ultra rare's or a new rare item?

• Re-release old rares

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • New Rare item

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters
People play the game differently, i don't enjoy building rooms. I enjoy saving up and making money and taking the time to save up for an item. and like you've just said, when items get rereleased and they drop price, it can be a huge hit for some people which is unfair, which is why it is a bad idea.

PoorFroning

Things are RARE because they are no longer on sale and never will be, thats what gives them the demand. Everyone complaining that theyre "too expensive" are just crying because they dont have enough credits to buy one, so are asking for them to be rereleased. I dont have enough credits to buy a black flip yet, but that doesnt mean I'm going to sit complaining suggesting they should rerelease them so I can buy one. The idea of getting a rare item is something to be proud of, to be proud of the fact youve managed to raise enough credits to get one for yourself. I only started VMK a couple of months ago and ive managed to make myself enough credits to get all the rares I wish to get so far, new players can do that too. Everyone complaining that things are too expensive play some minigame or find alternate ways to make credits.
there is a reason there isnt any trading on this game any more. there is an excessive amount of credits in game. there are not enough of a lot of the super rares in the game. a lot of people who are commenting on this thread have quite a bit as a matter of fact. i have a black flip and i think it should be re-released in some small amount. crates is a good idea. black flip along with infernos, crate 1 super rares, green flip hats, etc. I have a lot of it so you really cant bring the "you don't have enough credits to buy anything argument." 1 or 2 new super rares will get the trade market going for like a week or so, and then itll go right back to where it is now (ex: easter baskets). a small amount of all the super rares getting back into the game via a system like crates would be great for the trade market. im sure a lot of people would agree all the stuff frankster bought should be put back into the game in some way or another (including all the infernos he bought).

Most of the big traders are rarely on these days, and it seems to have skewed the values of items on it's own.
I see no issue with rereleasing a few older rares, since the big traders were generally hoarders to begin with.
That meant they had at least 1 or 2 of each ultra rare just sitting in their inventory going nowhere. Now that they are rarely on they will never be put on the market. We need to breathe some life into the trading community again.
I haven't been able to get values on some items I have in my inventory because nobody knows the prices now. They only know the prices for the ultras, but not any of the other rares.
BTW this is all coming from someone who bought and traded her way to a stitch hat a year or two ago, and hasn't been able to really recover their inventory even after continually earning credits and trading because of constant value changes.

Fotogirl

I haven't really been playing all that much lately but I do check in here 2 to 3 times a week to see what is happening. I would like to see them release the treasure detector magic and put some of the rare items in it as a hard to get item but still a chance to get it. Another idea would be to randomly drop a small treasure chest(similar to how the egg drop worked but only one chest, say 3 or 4 times a week) in a random room with no announcement. Keep to rooms that have no other use other than just being a room. No mini game lobby, store or NPC room. Rooms such as Explorer Tent, Snow White forest, Sci-Fi Dine-in etc. You get the idea. Imagine just wandering around the kingdom in random rooms and bumping into a treasure chest and finding a stitch hat or a green flip or other rare item. It would get people exploring more of the kingdom than just hanging in Pirates lobby, Fantasyland Courtyard or Haunted Mansion Lobby if they knew there was a chance out there to find something rare or even semi rare. There are lots of ways they could introduce a few of the more rare items into the game without over doing it. I think there are probably quite a few of the super rare items dormant in inactive accounts. It would be nice to get a few more in circulation.

Things are RARE because they are no longer on sale and never will be, thats what gives them the demand. Everyone complaining that theyre "too expensive" are just crying because they dont have enough credits to buy one, so are asking for them to be rereleased. I dont have enough credits to buy a black flip yet, but that doesnt mean I'm going to sit complaining suggesting they should rerelease them so I can buy one. The idea of getting a rare item is something to be proud of, to be proud of the fact youve managed to raise enough credits to get one for yourself. I only started VMK a couple of months ago and ive managed to make myself enough credits to get all the rares I wish to get so far, new players can do that too. Everyone complaining that things are too expensive play some minigame or find alternate ways to make credits.
Yeah sure, I completely agree with putting new rares in crates, which gives a chance for players to gain new items which they could trade for older rares like the black flip, or keep if they like the item. but putting old rares into crates is just a bad idea because it ruins all the current pricings and upsets people. No on gets upset with new things in crates.

Things are rare because there is a limited quantity and a more difficult way of obtaining them, not because they won't ever be put on sale again. ANY item has a chance of being released again, rare or not. Look at the Sparrow outfit for instance - that was one of the most sought after items in the game and now it's not worth nearly as much as it used to be. I've been playing the game since it first opened and for a good solid year (at least) firewalls were the currency for the majority of trades. Now firewalls aren't worth anything. The fact of the matter is trading is basically impossible at this point. Prices have been inflated so ridiculously at this point. I have been trying for YEARS to get a green flip hat because I never got a chance to when the game first opened, and I have pretty much given up because even though I do have a lot of credits and I do have a few rare items, people still ask for way too much. It's not about people not giving the effort in earning credits. If you look, most people don't even want credits included in an offer for an ultra rare anymore. Releasing an ultra rare again might ruin prices, but I think that's what this game needs at this point.

Exactly. Credits are losing value which is why items are becoming so expensive. There is no credit sink in the game. Except for the cheap items available in shops. Once credits enter the game through minigames they stay here which pushes the price of items up. Items in the shops need to be more expensive or there needs to be some sort of way to take credits out of the game. This way items wont rise so much

Exactly. Credits are losing value which is why items are becoming so expensive. There is no credit sink in the game. Except for the cheap items available in shops. Once credits enter the game through minigames they stay here which pushes the price of items up. Items in the shops need to be more expensive or there needs to be some sort of way to take credits out of the game. This way items wont rise so much
That's where the crate's were a great idea. We won the crates through games, but we had to buy the keys (some were given by npcs but most were bought). The prizes had a huge range from very common to very rare. It was a great credit sink, so I'm not sure why they ever got all the backlash they did.

Ok can't tell how long this reply is cause I'm on mobile so I spoilered it in case you don't wanna read
I'm in the same boat as @eazyt though. I think putting some of the older rares in the crates will help more than hurt, and I already have a stitch, green flip, and green flip flops. I'm not saying it because I want the items, but because I know how hard it is to earn them, having watched some of my friends for the last (almost) 3 years try to do so. Adding in a few of these rares won't drastically reduce the prices. Honestly, of all the items won, how many would actually be traded? Most people who win them will want to keep them, so they won't enter the trading market for a while.
I've been in this game since the second week it opened, and the crate system has been the most fair way to release items, especially if the keys must be bought and the crates earned (or vice versa, but I'm partial to earning the crates). Buying the keys takes credits out of the game, but you also earn the credits to buy them as you earn crates, and this way no one is at a disadvantage because they can't afford them. So all in all, if any rares are going to be released, I think crates are the way to go. And I stand by my opinion that old rares should be included).

I'm sorry xCharlottex but it seems you're the only one "complaining" or thoroughly against the idea of this and I'll have to disagree respectfully with most things you said. I, or we, understand the prices will go down but let's be a little real here. Yes people did waste over millions of credits for lets say a black flip. Did they like doing that? Probably not. Was it hard to get because no one else is trading it(unless it's for over a million credits, of course...)? Um yea... Either people won't trade their rare's because 1.) they're extremely hard to get, 2.) they're extremely expensive. Yes credits are handed to us but to me it seems you need to spend hours on end here to even just get a few hundred grand, that's with double credit (14 hours in friendly pirates for double credits didn't really boost me up but I think I was able to afford a minnie?)

I miss having crates honestly since 2013/14 (forgot when the crate #1's came out) and it was a blast. I miss having the green crates because lookie more rares, and I believe minnie and stitch were re-released? or there was a limited amount because Amy took them off of perm banned accounts.and then re-released into the green crates, things were absolutely fine, I don't recall people being upset. I really do not think it will sink the rare value, at least for a black flip, because right now it's too ridiculous in prices(I'll feel bad for whoever spent 2mil on this but patience is key, however do YOU really want to spend 2mil?). I have over a million credits but no one wants to trade their black flip? They want other stuff that I cannot get or don't have because again 1.) expensive or 2.) too rare to come by. It's a wonderful opportunity for new people at least to get some rare's in they always dreamed of.

Let those people be upset, everyone will not be satisfied of course, as we are not satisfied with this but this is just a suggestion. I'm sorry if this came out rude in any way. We really do need rares to be flowing around.

But, to each of their own. :rose:

Thats because a million credits isnt a lot anymore. Credits are so easy to get and easy to stack up that things have extrordinary prices. I dont have a black flip and tbh they dont interest me so much that even if they were 100k I wouldnt buy one. But if i did have one. I think if i found out that they were going to be rereleased , i would be selling it right now for 2m (or whatever price they have reached) because then I would gain 2m and flip hats would become cheaper...i wouldnt want my flip hat to be sat in my inventory(or my head) droping from 2m to say 1.5m and me losing 500k

A million credits is still a lot, unless literally all you do is sit on the game and earn credits, which the majority of us don't have time to do.