STAR WARS LAND, TOY STORY LAND AND HYPERSPACE MOUNTAIN!

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member
Well recently at D23 here's what was announced for the Disney parks and here's the discussion

Disneyland

-STAR WARS LAND
Yeah this was seen coming from A mile away. What I'm wondering is where. The speculations are

Replacing Toontown
Redesigning Tomorrowland
Behind Big Thunder Ranch
Replacing Big Thunder Ranch

What do you think about this?
Also it's a 14 acre expansion they say so that's cool. New rides include

Piloting the Melenium falcon.
An attraction that puts you in the middle of an epic battle

Kinda excited now!!
That first ride sounds a lot like mission space so hopefully we'll get that :)

- HYPERSPACE MOUTON
A star wars space mountain overlay. It says it Puts you In the middle of a star wars fight.

NOTE: THIS IS A MONTHLY OVERLAY FOR THE RIDE. LIKE GHOST GALAXY. THE ORIGNAL RIDE WILL STILL BE THERE.

What I think is this sounds fun. I love the car design for it and I can't wait for the music :p

WALT DISNEY WORLD
- STAR WARS LAND
Same thing as DLR. And same question. Where is it going? What park?

-TOY STORY LAND (Hollywood studios)
Okay this looks AMAZING

A slinky dog coaster and flying saucer ride based off of the green aliens are just awesome. It looks like it's replacing the pixar studios area.

Well all this news looks awesome. What's your thoughts? ??!!

Last edited:

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member
I honestly wouldn't mind if they replaced toontown but if they renovate Tommorrowland I will be upset :/
I would be quite upset if they got rid of anything. Personally I would have opted for using innoventions since it's closed for ab entrance. And using the space behind there and where it was so you have a star wars port in tomorrowland and it would fit thought I doubt that would happen it would be the best choice in my book.

I would be quite upset if they got rid of anything. Personally I would have opted for using innoventions since it's closed for ab entrance. And using the space behind there and where it was so you have a star wars port in tomorrowland and it would fit thought I doubt that would happen it would be the best choice in my book.
Not a bad idea! I could see them taking out Autopia as well but I am just not sure if it would be large enough? I could be wrong but they don't have much space to work with it seems like.

QueenCinderella

I bet they are redesigning Tomorrowland in DLR, since they already have Star Tours and Space Mountain (or Hyperspace mountain) there. Plus I'm sure they will use the Innoventions space as well since it sounds like a big expansion. And could it be possible that they use the old PeopleMover track for a small attraction?
In WDW I thought they said that the Star Wars expansion would be in Hollywood studios as well? There, its very easy to imagine them just expanding the park and not replacing too much, although earlier in the year I think they permanently closed the back lot tour so all of that real estate is probably going to be redesigned for one of the expansions.
I don't know, either way I am super excited for these expansions and I am dying for more info! Haha :)

I read an article in the LA Times that seemed very confident in where things were going and why:

http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-trb-star-wars-land-disneyland-20150817-story.html

The author seemed very sure it would not be going into Tomorrowland, and that Big Thunder Ranch area was the place it was moving to. Quiet honestly, that area does have very little draw. I love the animals, but half the time they aren't even out for you to visit. I think this is a good place for it.

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member
I read an article in the LA Times that seemed very confident in where things were going and why:

http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-trb-star-wars-land-disneyland-20150817-story.html

The author seemed very sure it would not be going into Tomorrowland, and that Big Thunder Ranch area was the place it was moving to. Quiet honestly, that area does have very little draw. I love the animals, but half the time they aren't even out for you to visit. I think this is a good place for it.
Agreed. I just want a decent entrance since it's kinda in between 2 lands that wouldn't fit the theme. If they can do it like they did with Carsland then it should be fine :)

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member
Haha I had another idea :P What if they re-themed the current Star Tours Location at DLR to have the old Epcot attraction, Body Wars? The build a new building (maybe expanded to 6 gates like WDW) for star tours, in Star Wars Land!

Megara

no sleep club
I'm so excited for Toy Story Land you have no idea. I know the Toy Story Playland at Disneyland Paris is super cute and awesome rides (in my opinion), so I'm excited they decided to also do it here. :)

Animazement

By all means, move at a glacial pace.
I'm super excited about Star Wars land officially happening, however I wish they would incorporate this "land" in California Adventure. The thing that makes these "magic kingdoms" are the well known lands people have come to love and remember. Adding a "Star Wars" land to a "magic kingdom" seems a bit off for me (but I don't doubt that it's going to get very popular). That part is kind of a downer for me.

The location of it, at Disneyland, is odd and I'm surprised they would even think of building a large new land in an already crowded space. After reading that article posted above, I hope they consider California Adventure. As for Hollywood Studios, it's a given. The attractions are already there and people have been speculating this for some time now.

I love the Toy Story Land concept too! It's good that they're only starting in one place (because there's already so much money being invested into SO MANY DIFFERENT THINGS). Am I wrong in thinking I heard they were going to make a second warehouse/play room for Toy Story Midway Mania?

I'm a little saddened that with all of these wonderful things to come some things will be gone (like Muppets 3D, even though not many people like it nowadays).

Last edited:

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member
I'm super excited about Star Wars land officially happening, however I wish they would incorporate this "land" in California Adventure. The thing that makes these "magic kingdoms" are the well known lands people have come to love and remember. Adding a "Star Wars" land to a "magic kingdom" seems a bit off for me (but I don't doubt that it's going to get very popular). That part is kind of a downer for me.

The location of it, at Disneyland, is odd and I'm surprised they would even think of building a large new land in an already crowded space. After reading that article posted above, I hope they consider California Adventure. As for Hollywood Studios, it's a given. The attractions are already there and people have been speculating this for some time now.

I love the Toy Story Land concept too! It's good that they're only starting in one place (because there's already so much money being invested into SO MANY DIFFERENT THINGS). Am I wrong in thinking I heard they were going to make a second warehouse/play room for Toy Story Midway Mania?

I'm a little saddened that with all of these wonderful things to come some things will be gone (like Muppets 3D, even though not many people like it nowadays).
Agreed. Part of me wants Star wars in DCA or like half of tomorrowland. And the other part wants it to be in its own land.. I don't care for it in DL. Toy story land is amazing too! I heard there will be a third or second track now for toy story mania. I haven't been there since last year :p

Agreed. Part of me wants Star wars in DCA or like half of tomorrowland. And the other part wants it to be in its own land.. I don't care for it in DL. Toy story land is amazing too! I heard there will be a third or second track now for toy story mania. I haven't been there since last year :p
me three, star wars land will be placed just doesn't make any sense to me at all, in between frontier land and fantasyland, like you said placing it in tommorowland would make much more sense.

iMax

RCT3 & Disney Freak
Not a bad idea! I could see them taking out Autopia as well but I am just not sure if it would be large enough? I could be wrong but they don't have much space to work with it seems like.
They cant get rid of Autopia, thats a Walt Disney Original Ride at DL, and i dont think any ride that walt opened on opening day had been removed (except maybe a few)

They cant get rid of Autopia, thats a Walt Disney Original Ride at DL, and i dont think any ride that walt opened on opening day had been removed (except maybe a few)
Well all things considering it is still an option they would most likely use. Even if it is an original it's not very popular anymore.

I hate how the Disney brand has gone from whimsical and magical to action adventure. I mean I love Star Wars to death and would love to see some rides based off of it, but I don't like seeing Star Wars and Avatar being their main focus, it's just disturbing.

Big Thunder Mountain Ranch is the backside of Toontown, so both Toontown and Big Thunder Mountain Ranch are slated to be removed so that Star Wars Land can be put in. (I have this on good authority, as I have family that works for Disney, but things change all the time.)

However, I do not believe that Star Wars Land belongs in Disneyland itself. California Adventure, yes, but not Disneyland. There are themed lands with specific rides inside them. Not a specific land with specific rides inside of them.

I also do not like that they're putting money into that, when both Toontown and Tomorrowland need a complete revamp.
Can't you imagine a new Tomorrowland?
Eating area themed after Big Hero 6, Wall-e attractions (with robotic Wall-e rolling around at certain times of the day,) a new People Mover, Space Mountain, Pizza Port changed into Pizza Planet? What about a Stitch attraction like they have at the Magic Kingdom? Changing Autopia cars over to electric!
It NEEDS to be redone. There's so much wasted space.

I just feel like there's so much more lasting potential for a revamp than a simple money-grabbing new addition. I get the latter is pretty much what any large corporation does, but at least it's done to make things mesh. I fear it will be as thrown together as Bugs Land was, and it will be a massive flop in the longterm.

Animazement

By all means, move at a glacial pace.
Big Thunder Mountain Ranch is the backside of Toontown, so both Toontown and Big Thunder Mountain Ranch are slated to be removed so that Star Wars Land can be put in. (I have this on good authority, as I have family that works for Disney, but things change all the time.)

However, I do not believe that Star Wars Land belongs in Disneyland itself. California Adventure, yes, but not Disneyland. There are themed lands with specific rides inside them. Not a specific land with specific rides inside of them.

I also do not like that they're putting money into that, when both Toontown and Tomorrowland need a complete revamp.
Can't you imagine a new Tomorrowland?
Eating area themed after Big Hero 6, Wall-e attractions (with robotic Wall-e rolling around at certain times of the day,) a new People Mover, Space Mountain, Pizza Port changed into Pizza Planet? What about a Stitch attraction like they have at the Magic Kingdom? Changing Autopia cars over to electric!
It NEEDS to be redone. There's so much wasted space.

I just feel like there's so much more lasting potential for a revamp than a simple money-grabbing new addition. I get the latter is pretty much what any large corporation does, but at least it's done to make things mesh. I fear it will be as thrown together as Bugs Land was, and it will be a massive flop in the longterm.
I, without a doubt, believe that they do want to revamp Tomorrowland (and they were hoping the movie would do so well that they could revamp it as such). And I like your ideas of attractions, but it's hard to combine movies like Big Hero 6 and Wall-E together when they take place in two very distinct realities. This is where it's hard to revamp Tomorrowland.

Look over at Magic Kingdom (WDW). Tomorrowland there is somewhat successful (with Space Mountain being the main attraction). Overall that section of the park seems dated but it's also confusing to the theme. You have attractions like Space Rangers and Stitch's Great Escape (which, I'm sorry, but is nothing compared to Alien Encounter) which fall into the futuristic theme. But then you have Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor and the PeopleMover which is either very dated or doesn't really fit into the future. If you think about it, Monsters Inc. doesn't really take place into the future. It's around the early 2000s (I think, but don't quote me on that).

Of course there are some challenges that involve certain attractions not being removed (like Carousel of Progress) but they really want to do something with it. They just don't know how...