The baseball thread

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Something that I like this year over 2011 is that everyone in the lineup can get a hit at anytime. It seems like in 2011 after the 5th batter it was just a big whole that couldn't score any runs.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
Went to a AAA game between the Rangers and Brewers teams. In TX to visit family, so had to go back to my old stadium. My $17 dollar tix were 2nd row next to the Sounds dugout

Using iPhone, on vacation

Last edited:

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Went to a AAA game between the Rangers and Brewers teams. Went to TX to visit family, so is had to go back to my old stadium. My $17 dollar tix were 2nd row next to the Sounds dugout

Nice! A lot of those guys have been up and down the past couple of years, so I know quite a few of them.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Well I'm leaving for the game now... You know I don't want this to be like every other freaking year where one way or another the Cardinals stop us from winning a WS, it's annoying as anything considering that they are probably the most hated team in baseball (I don't see the Yankees being very hated anymore). God help us.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
Forgot to post this earlier. Rangers game this past Tuesday. Stubhub had great seats.

I miss being able to attend MLB games frequently…

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I don't think I've ever been as mad as I am right now over anything or at anyone. You might laugh at that but just look at my first post on this thread, I live and die with this team, I swear, and what happened tonight made me just want to lose it. I don't eeeeven want to talk about it but if you are curious about what happened you may look it up or watch ESPN. These last 10 days or so have been the most painful days I can remember, the whole team just ticks me off like you wouldn't beileve. The Cardinals... THE CARDINALS OF ALL PEOPLE, I don't understand. Why must everything be a home run? We were just serving up baseballs left and right. I don't want to say we beat ourselves because the Cardinals are a good team, but we did, we 100 percent did. There is no other way to put it. I honestly want to rage right now, it sounds stupid but I do.

I don't think I've ever been as mad as I am right now over anything or at anyone. You might laugh at that but just look at my first post on this thread, I live and die with this team, I swear, and what happened tonight made me just want to lose it. I don't eeeeven want to talk about it but if you are curious about what happened you may look it up or watch ESPN. These last 10 days or so have been the most painful days I can remember, the whole team just ticks me off like you wouldn't beileve. The Cardinals... THE CARDINALS OF ALL PEOPLE, I don't understand. Why must everything be a home run? We were just serving up baseballs left and right. I don't want to say we beat ourselves because the Cardinals are a good team, but we did, we 100 percent did. There is no other way to put it. I honestly want to rage right now, it sounds stupid but I do.
Try being a Dodgers fan and watch them lose 3 times over the last 10 years in the NLCS. It's farther than the Brewers usually get, but it's still an annoying thing to watch, especially since they got beaten by the Phillies 2 straight years. I know the two instances are not comparable, but still.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I actually mad a vlog about it because I HAD to make my feelings known somewhere. Turn up your sound if you care to watch it, I'm tired and angry so I wasn't speaking very loudly.

PS. I think that thumbnail is so funny LOL!

aceastrofan

The one and only...
Home Run Derby stunk. And it's not because of Yasiel Puig's 0. It seemed generally underwhelming and was executed not spectacularly.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Home Run Derby stunk. And it's not because of Yasiel Puig's 0. It seemed generally underwhelming and was executed not spectacularly.
Yeah... First of all it's stupid how a team in Minnesota doesn't have a freaking roof. Second, if the runner up only hit five home runs the whole event that's not a good thing. I liked the head to head stuff, but you can get very lucky because of it.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
To anyone that think Lucroy is the reason Adam Wainwright gave up 3 runs in the first inning... He wasn't. Mike Matheny was wrong by making the choice to have Wainwright start because he started on Saturday. But of course the Cardinals must take over the world of baseball so he simply HAS to start. And not only was he starting, he was starting versus the AL All Stars, WHAT THE HECK DID YOU THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN??? Plus who can handle Wainwright better than Yadi? He's hurt so if Wainwright does a bad job of course it isn't HIS fault, he's awesome, he's like the John Cena of baseball, so it's totally Lucroy's fault. "Yeah, what were you doing Lucroy? You stupid little Brewer, trying to make the Cardinals look bad. You're just mad because we have 11 rings and you don't".

aceastrofan

The one and only...
Yasiel Puig shows up 0 HR's in the Home Run Derby by going 0-3 with 3 K's during the All Star Game. Super...

philitup

The Internet Champion!
COME ON DODGERS!!![DOUBLEPOST=1405913951][/DOUBLEPOST]I think the slogan for the second of this season for the Brewers should be "One More Day", because they have a streak of just over 100 days in first place. Thanks to the Dodgers tonight the Brewers stay in first place for ONE MORE DAY!

Last edited:

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Jonathan Lucroy got an awesome walk off home run for the Brewers tonight, and our lead grows to 1 and a half games! I also believe we have been in first place for 109 days now, which it very cool!