who else hates disney??

sometimes i even wonder why i liked playing vmk because it was so disney based. then i remembered...most disney lovers are good peoples for whatever reason. also i used to like trading and the nostalgia game crazy.

I liked Disney when I was younger. The company has been going swiftly downhill for years. I can't say I like anything about the company anymore, especially those God-awful child-sitcoms they've been mass producing. What happened to cartoons? D:

Disney used to be great, then they started getting lazy. Every new show Disney comes up with has to do with teens, and most likely has dancing or singing in it. They try to be funny but really it's pathetic, and then they add that fake laughing in the back which makes it worse. I think over time they lost their creativity. Disney thinks that those things are the latest "trend" but that's just very stereotypical. Then there's the other side of Disney that keeps us living the magic (Disney parks). Then again Disney closed Toontown Online, POTCO, and Pixie Hollow Online. The thing that really upsets me is the closing of Toontown Online, they could've done so many great and creative things to that game, and made lots of money and keep players going! But they decided never to update. Look what you've done Disney. Good job.

The only thing I hate about Disney is Disney Channel because of the dumb shows they make ex. Ant farm, Jessie and aly, shake it up, etc. but other than that I think its pretty amazing :)

Disney used to be great, then they started getting lazy. Every new show Disney comes up with has to do with teens, and most likely has dancing or singing in it. They try to be funny but really it's pathetic, and then they add that fake laughing in the back which makes it worse. I think over time they lost their creativity. Disney thinks that those things are the latest "trend" but that's just very stereotypical. Then there's the other side of Disney that keeps us living the magic (Disney parks). Then again Disney closed Toontown Online, POTCO, and Pixie Hollow Online. The thing that really upsets me is the closing of Toontown Online, they could've done so many great and creative things to that game, and made lots of money and keep players going! But they decided never to update. Look what you've done Disney. Good job.
so true.

I like them for the good that they have done - theme parks, VMK, Toontown, etc.

I just don't like some of the choices they've made along the way.

Frinklebumper

Bumper of Frinkles
Disney is made up of several sub-companies. Disney Channel, Disney Parks, Walt Disney Animation, Disney Interactive, and Walt Disney Pictures (along with Pixar, Touchstone, ABC, etc.) are practically independent of each other.

That being said, I can't imagine anyone hating all of Disney on the grounds that the Disney Channel has ******** shows or that they've shut down online games.

Disney is awesome. :D

Disney is made up of several sub-companies. Disney Channel, Disney Parks, Walt Disney Animation, Disney Interactive, and Walt Disney Pictures (along with Pixar, Touchstone, ABC, etc.) are practically independent of each other.

That being said, I can't imagine anyone hating all of Disney on the grounds that the Disney Channel has ******** shows or that they've shut down online games.

Very well said.

The issue is synergy.

Disney's divisions aren't independent. "Disney Parks" is plastered all over everything -- it's a generic catch-all for all of the parks, each of which have their own identities. The Animal Kingdom and Disneyland are not the same park, and there is no reason to force them under one umbrella (especially when the latter is maintained with utmost attention to detail, and the former has little shame about a headliner attraction being in shambles). This effect is all over the company. All of the games which get any attention are based on existing properties or are Club Penguin, for some reason. A great deal of the rides are based on existing properties (though this has been a thing for some time now).

It's hard to say that Pixar is separate after they laid off a decent percent of their staff. Mind you, this wasn't necessarily at the insistence of corporate, but you can bet it was a pre-emptive decision made with the suits in mind.

That said, I don't hate Disney. I hate Disney Channel, Disney Interactive, etc., but Disney has done some things really well. Saving Mr. Banks was an outstanding film, and I highly recommend it. Pixar has been lights-out (other than maybe Cars 2 and Brave -- haven't bothered with those yet). Aside from NextGen (don't start me on that...) and some maintenance issues, WDW is still pretty good (and Disneyland is wonderful). Marvel Studios is doing a fine job. I actually have confidence in the new Star Wars (especially with this Benedict Cumberbatch talk).

I don't hate anything... but i AM pretty upset that they got rid of Toontown being that was my childhood, just like VMK was.. the tv shows are getting pretty ya know... but they always say if you don't like it, don't watch it, plus i think as i get older, the kids shows are a no for me anyway. other than that, i love Disney. Tinkerbell for lifeee. <3 lol.

Do I like the corporate side of Disney? No, I am so incredibly disgusted with how greedy, manipulative, and evil they are. However, if you look at the heart of the corporation (deep, deep, deep down), you find the incredibly innovative sentiments that Walt had. It's sad to see his good spirit watered down into bourgeois rat-race type politics, but I think parts of it are still bottled up in the parks and music (hence why VMK is such a haven for me). Despite my lack of happiness with the company, I enjoy indulging in Disney due to my quest for pointless vanity. All of my other interests besides Disney are very different, and Disney reminds me of that gritty, meaningless American dream stuff that makes up so much of society--and it's fun for me to indulge and believe that things are that simple.

Elle

I don't even watch television as much as I used to - except for the walking dead and game of thrones - so I don't even know half of these shows you guys mentioned tbh
but I have heard they're awful so it makes me glad I don't watch it

I hate some of the movies but the games are okay.
Oh, when they don't shut them down anyway.

i just hate disney channel like how can you go from this
-snip-
See, my issue with Disney Channel is that I think it's always been directed at young kids. I really can't say that its quality has dropped off, because I haven't been paying too much attention (although those last couple gifs tell a less than promising story). There just really isn't a drive to create something for everyone. Those Disney classics that are still around today, pretty much every Pixar movie, these movies are enjoyable for people of any age. That's what makes them good, and that's why people still love them even decades later.

The problem that most of the people on this forum have with Disney Channel is that we're too old for the new stuff (where the older stuff may be nostalgic). Some people would try to pass that off as a non-issue. It's not directed at us, so therefore we can't complain. But the real complaint should be precisely that it's directed at someone else. They're aiming for a specific audience, and that doesn't generally work in a company named whose historical successes are in finding ways to entertain everyone at once.

TL;DR: Disney Channel is terrible not necessarily because it's low quality (it probably is, but that's not the point), but because it isn't trying to be good for everybody.

Real shame that we're in the Golden Age of Television, and the only good shows Disney produces are under the ABC name.

TL;DR: Disney Channel is terrible not necessarily because it's low quality (it probably is, but that's not the point), but because it isn't trying to be good for everybody.
I agree with this...I think the Disney writers are trying to gear their stuff more towards kids, since statistically more kids probably watch Disney Channel than adults.

That being said, shows like Gravity Falls and Phineas and Ferb are also fun for adults to watch, because half of the humor is stuff only older people would get (one of my favorite Gravity Falls jokes is a joke about the Soviet Union, which no 5-year-old *should* understand), but they're still fun for kids to watch.

So they are marketing more towards children, but there's at least still some stuff that's entertaining for teenagers and adults to watch.

See, my issue with Disney Channel is that I think it's always been directed at young kids. I really can't say that its quality has dropped off, because I haven't been paying too much attention (although those last couple gifs tell a less than promising story). There just really isn't a drive to create something for everyone. Those Disney classics that are still around today, pretty much every Pixar movie, these movies are enjoyable for people of any age. That's what makes them good, and that's why people still love them even decades later.

The problem that most of the people on this forum have with Disney Channel is that we're too old for the new stuff (where the older stuff may be nostalgic). Some people would try to pass that off as a non-issue. It's not directed at us, so therefore we can't complain. But the real complaint should be precisely that it's directed at someone else. They're aiming for a specific audience, and that doesn't generally work in a company named whose historical successes are in finding ways to entertain everyone at once.

Real shame that we're in the Golden Age of Television, and the only good shows Disney produces are under the ABC name.
yeah i totally see where your coming from its just disney channel is literally quantity over quality now, back then in the golden days it was quality over quantity they took time to produce those master pieces such as thats so raven or lizzie mcguire but now they just mass produce the same thing with slightly different plots and all the actors have to sing (there are some exceptions since zendaya isnt that bad) but whats with all the new terrible shows that come out every 2 months the only good thing on disney channel is gravity falls. they seriously need to redeem themselves like nickelodeon with the "90s are all that" on teen nick and cartoon network even has an entire channel dedicated to their classics called boomerang and half their shows are'nt as bad as disney since they have adventure time and regular show all im saying is disney needs to step up or become the worst childrens channel in the history of ever

r.i.p the golden era of disney channel 1997-2007