who else hates disney??

There are shows on different channels that are still going. Disney never seems to keep shows going for long, the more popular ones last a while but they end up dying afterwards and Disney keeps adding shows. Think about all the shows that we never hear of anymore. Anyone remember Fish Hooks? Or The Replacements? Probably very few, but Disney needs to come up with something that everyone loves so they can continue the show for many many tears. Phineas and Ferb is doing very well. Look how long Doctor Who lasted, and Spongebob, and even Looney Toons, they're still going! Disney never made a show like that.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
There are shows on different channels that are still going. Disney never seems to keep shows going for long, the more popular ones last a while but they end up dying afterwards and Disney keeps adding shows. Think about all the shows that we never hear of anymore. Anyone remember Fish Hooks? Or The Replacements? Probably very few, but Disney needs to come up with something that everyone loves so they can continue the show for many many tears. Phineas and Ferb is doing very well. Look how long Doctor Who lasted, and Spongebob, and even Looney Toons, they're still going! Disney never made a show like that.
I'll watch the Disney Channel again if the WWE can put one of their shows on there. But really, people have been talking about that.

WDW is awful compared to Disneyland. I just wish Disney still came up with unique attractions and still had great upkeep of everything but sadly it's more about the money than it is about quality, But I still love it but disney channel is a complete joke.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
WDW is awful compared to Disneyland. I just wish Disney still came up with unique attractions and still had great upkeep of everything but sadly it's more about the money than it is about quality, But I still love it but disney channel is a complete joke.
I went to DL last year and I would run into broken down rides like 5 times a day. Just over all WDW is WAY better than DL will ever be IMO.

I went to DL last year and I would run into broken down rides like 5 times a day. Just over all WDW is WAY better than DL will ever be IMO.
Problem: WDW rarely has ride breakdowns because they insist on running rides with half of the effects not fully functional. See Expedition Everest for the last 5+ years, Dinosaur for much of the last 10 years, or Splash Mountain for quite a while.

At Disneyland, if it's not running at 100%, it's probably not running at all. WDW skips maintenance refurbs and doesn't seem to follow 101 protocols because having a single ride closed will tear families apart, or something.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Problem: WDW rarely has ride breakdowns because they insist on running rides with half of the effects not fully functional. See Expedition Everest for the last 5+ years, Dinosaur for much of the last 10 years, or Splash Mountain for quite a while.

At Disneyland, if it's not running at 100, it's probably not running at all. WDW skips maintenance refurbs and doesn't seem to follow 101 protocols because having a single ride closed will tear families apart, or something.
Yeah, but they just have a lot more stuff in general. And when you're at WDW you feel like you're somewhere else, at DL you feel like you're in a theme park on side of a street... Which you are. And don't even get me started with the places you can eat at WDW.

I agree with most of the posts here in that Disney Channel either needs a huge facelift or needs to go. However, I do think their parks are the main source of income for them. That being said, I also think many of them could use some work as well (for example the multiple empty buildings in EPCOT). While I appreciated the new Fantasyland expansion, I do think that updating DHS and EPCOT should have been a higher priority mainly because those parks just aren't as busy as the MK. MK will ALWAYS be the most popular park no matter what so I think they could have spent the money updating the other areas first.... and then there's the whole MyMagic+ business which I'm not even going to get into. I go to WDW in 9 days to run the marathon and we do have magic bands to use so I guess we'll see how well it works out XD

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
I'll definitely have to say that I loved Disney back in the day when it was still purely about making wholesome family cartoons, and the people that ran the company were about the kids and family based entertainment, and giving back to people. Now it seems like they're trying to mass-produce child stars that can sing/act and every show is (in my opinion) mind-numbingly redundant and just completely lacking substance.

Although I will say the new movies Disney makes are really good. I think their TV network definitely needs some fine-tuning though. Overall as a company I feel they were just better way back when, they aren't awful now but to me they aren't at their best. I love VMK, I loved it back then, and I wish they didn't close it. I probably would have paid for a membership like they have with Club Penguin if I had to. But either way, I think Amy's done a phenomenal job bringing back VMK and keeping it as close to it's roots as possible. :)

Snaps

mischief managed
i love and will always love disney.

disney channel is a completely different story. the shows are just awful, sending terrible messages to children. i remember watching hannah montana a few years after i was a fan of the show, and looking back and being like, "wow during the entire show miley treats her dad like ********. is this really what kids should be looking up to?" that, among other things, is not acceptable and makes me so sad because disney channel used to be sooo goood. that's so raven and lizzie mcguire, even phil of the future and even stevens... so much better than the stuff they're putting on the channel now.

disney had its dark period in films from like 2000-2009 (excluding pixar and the pirates of the caribbean films) until Princess and the Frog was released, and now Disney Animation's back creating masterpieces. Disney Animation gives me so much faith but their live action movies need to get better, though Enchanted was flawless and i've heard so many good things about Saving Mr. Banks.

the parks i can't say much about because i've never been to disneyland and i haven't been to wdw in a while (im going in a week ahhh!) but i've always had good experiences with wdw so i can't really say.

Shane

In the end, Disney is still a company.

I think Disney Channel has gone down-hill. My parents did enjoy watching some shows (that's so raven, for example) with my sister and I. Now nobody in my house can stand most of the shows. (I can watch Gravity Falls, aside from that it is just annoying for me...)

I'm a big Disney Parks fan - WDW mainly. I haven't noticed anything downhill really... except the MyDisneyExperience has way too many issues. I was surprised they already rolled it out with these issues. Exciting idea, but needs way more tweaks.

To the person who mentioned the rides not breaking down at WDW due to lack of effects clearly has not seen how often Toy Story Midway Mania breaks ;)

I haven't noticed the movies getting better or worse for the most part.

As for their online games closing, this goes back to them being a business. They make a lot more money with Facebook games and mobile apps.

I'm a big Disney Parks fan - WDW mainly. I haven't noticed anything downhill really... except the MyDisneyExperience has way too many issues. I was surprised they already rolled it out with these issues. Exciting idea, but needs way more tweaks.
Brace yourselves, people. This is the big one. You all had to know it would happen eventually.
I DESPISE NEXTGEN.
This project cost, and I am not exaggerating, about $1.5 billion. Yes, you read that correctly: "billion." Billion with a "B." Do you know what a reasonable company can do with $1.5 billion? A lot. No fewer than seven Wizarding Worlds of Harry Potter. A less frugal company can get five Fantasyland expansions. Alternatively, the company could build roughly 1/3 of a 2001-era Tokyo DisneySea, or opt to contruct roughly two 2001-era California Adventures. They sacrificed any of these options for something that even I could build at a small scale. RFID: I have that in my pocket; it's called NFC. FastPass+: I can think of exactly one case when making a website that only put information in databases was a big deal, and that was only a big deal because it didn't work. Interactive queues: the worst idea ever; tourists break everything they touch, so the second rule of building theme parks is to never ask tourists to touch anything.

Gah, I just can't. NextGen has some good ideas, I suppose. At least a good idea (RFID can do some neat things). Still, unless I'm missing something, this company has no concept of how to spend effectively.

To the person who mentioned the rides not breaking down at WDW due to lack of effects clearly has not seen how often Toy Story Midway Mania breaks ;)
Toy Story Mania is a weird case. If anything breaks on that ride, there is no way that they can leave it open. Here are the things that can break on TSMM:
-The vehicles/track system (the ride is un-usable and even un-safe)
-Exit gates (apparently this happens, and it's un-safe)
-Screens (the entire content of the ride)

Shane

Disney has been working on implementing RFID for a few years. I think that part is nice - no demagnetization of your card. I experienced issues with the account side - a common issue (one I had) is that if you already had a disney account under the email you used for it, it would make a duplicate account. Kind of a pain in the neck - took me an hour with a cast member and a phone call to solve.

A more...wasteful use of their money on RFID is the RapidFill soda machines on resorts. If you remember the mugs at Blizzard Beach a few years ago that you had to scan to refill - its like that. Limits disposable cup refill amounts to like three refills. The mugs that are refillable for a time have a time limit between refills. The Sprite doesn't taste right? You have to wait a couple minutes to get Coke instead.

I do wonder how easy it would be to mess with that system - get an rfid writer (you could use a skylanders portal and some software), change some values (assuming it works off an id system... if not, just change what it says the expiration time is).

VampireBoy

First of all we know that Disney is one of the biggest companies in the world so its had tons of money coming in for many years but the thing is now a days that's all they seem to care about is their money. I really love Disney Parks they are truly amazing and I feel like a kid every time I walk into their parks but gosh their parks are dang freaking expensive but other than that they are really fun with tons of great rides for the whole family. I have to admit though I do not like how Disney Channel is now a days I mean it is just so stupid and its like what happen to the days of Lizzie McGuire, Phil Of The Future, That So Raven, Suite Life Of Zack And Cody, Even Stevens, Life With Derek, Jet Jackson, So Weird, Bug Juice and so many other great shows that made Disney Channel a really great channel for kids and families to watch which Disney Channel is basically what I most hate about Disney.

Disney has had past history of teaching little girls, that they have to be dependent on men.

Czarcasm

dam thats crazy
I'll always love Disney, their movies have been my childhood and they comfort me so much, they're pure art. The parks themselves are magical, as we all know. I usually have a great experience with Disney...but not when it comes to their online games. I'd been playing Toontown since I was little, but never understood the game. I began playing it last year and started to understand it, and it was so much fun and then they closed it, and of course way before, 6 years ago they shut down VMK, which just..was really lame. Both games had extreme potential, especially Toontown, that game could have been raking in money like crazy but Disney was to lazy to fix the huge problem we had with hackers towards the closure, which we all knew was coming, sadly. VMK's closure was a complete shock, though.

Luckily though, we have private servers of devoted players recreating and bringing back BOTH loved games, Toontown Rewritten is growing day by day, and video updates of the game in beta are posted everyday and the games release was announced to officially be sometime this year. Now, we have MyVMK which is working its way up also. It's like I had terrible luck at first, both my favorite games shut down, but now they're back. Tons of appreciation towards the developers of both games! :)

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
Disney Channel sucks bad...but Disney in general is still okay.
I always like to think back to the creator of Disney...Walt.
I don't think he'd really be 100% happy with everything they have been doing.
He was kind and caring for people and I think Disney has become quite selfish and greedy in some ways...
But I do think the movies (old & new) are just amazing and will always be classics.
(: overall, I still will always love Disney, it reminds me of my childhood.

Emelon

I could never hate Disney. Though I don't necessarily agree with what they're starting to become, Disney movies are and will always be my all time favorite movies. Disney Channel is garbage, but Disney movies are classics :halcyon: