who else hates disney??

I've felt that Bob Iger has had an impact on Disney in bad ways i.e. Disney Channel, Club Penguin. I don't necessarily hate it, but I don't love it as much. Ever since Toontown closed, it's just been terrible.

I couldn't imagine what Walt Disney would say about The Walt Disney Company today...

I really like Disney for their attempt to change for their audience. For example here in France we have EuroDisney which was opened a while ago. Disney soon realized that Europeans don't like the same things as Americans do and actually prefer shows(The one's you can go and see in the parks) rather than the actual rides; so they've been pumping much more money into the shows. I hear they want to open something like Epcot here, but they need to seriously tweak it because five out of the eleven countries that are featured in the park in America are European countries. (One actually being France!) So they are thinking of make a park that is super United States themed because Europeans would be more interested in that.
Even though change isn't always good; it's at last nice to see that they pay some attention to their audience. (Even if it's just for money purposes!)

Elias

Suitcase and a Dream
disney is made up of several sub-companies. Disney channel, disney parks, walt disney animation, disney interactive, and walt disney pictures (along with pixar, touchstone, abc, etc.) are practically independent of each other.

That being said, i can't imagine anyone hating all of disney on the grounds that the disney channel has ******** shows or that they've shut down online games.

Disney is awesome. :d
This. 'Nuff said. Moving on...

I don't hate Disney, per se... just the parks. I can't don't really want to go into detail as to why I do though. It's kind of personal for me, and I'd rather not discuss it. Aside from that though, I love anything to do with Disney Jr.. The shows are really cute, especially Chuggington and Sheriff Callie's Wild West. <3

I can understand reasons those may have for not being into Disney...especially Disney today. I'm more of an enthusiast of Disney's history. Having been the pioneers of many animation firsts and I find almost everything fascinating about Disneyland from its early years, well into the '90s... I just love it. Can't say I'm big on the current movies that have been coming out. The last amazing movie by Disney was The Lion King, even though I have greatly enjoyed others since.

If anything truly bugs me today, it's the guests in the parks who have annual passes and go well past the point of gloating and just feel entitled when in the parks. They're so far above first timers and everyone else. Sorry, but everyone in that park at the same time deserves the same treatment. We're all fans sharing a mutual interest. No one is better than anyone else.

With that said, I can honestly say that from what I have observed in MyVMK...there is a solid bunch of good people in there. Everyone has been civil and so nice from what I've witnessed. That wasn't always the case from the original VMK, but I'd love to see MyVMK stay like this, with a real good group. I'm having such a good time and I won't lie...it has me craving a trip to Disneyland even more, haha. So while there might be things I'm not big on when it comes to the Disney company...there's so much to be thankful for.

Ranch

Disney is made up of several sub-companies. Disney Channel, Disney Parks, Walt Disney Animation, Disney Interactive, and Walt Disney Pictures (along with Pixar, Touchstone, ABC, etc.) are practically independent of each other.
In my case, Disney Interactive has made them all suffer when it comes to my wallet. Ever since they denied renewal contracts for VMK with Sulake, I've gone out of my way to not spend on anything disney. It's hard to do, but possible.

I don't hate disney, but they get no money from me. Free resort parking.. free park entry, breakfast, lunch, and dinner outside the park.. no money for them.

AlphaTheEdge

I can honestly say I love Disney. It runs my life. I went to the parks recently, and it was better than it has ever been. The feeling Disney gives me, being young and carefree, is unlike anything I have ever felt. I do not like the current Disney channel, but ya know what? I bet tons of little kids out there do. And if it makes them happy, that is fantastic. I do not like some of the things the Disney company has decided to do recently, such as building Pandora within Animal Kingdom, bc ITS NOT EVEN DISNEY. Ugh. I just remind myself that, like all of us, its about making money. Disney is a business. A global empire per say. They are just doing what best for them. I love Disney and will defend them until the day i die. I know they arent perfect, but hey neither am I. If i wanna make changes to Disney I need to earn my spot :). alright thats enough blabbing. Peace. Love. Disney.

Hipster

♥ нιρ ツ ♥
Hopefully I get to my dream college and disney recruits me to be an animator. I swear, I will change television on disney channel forever because cartoons rock.

Finland

Active Troublemaker
Ever since Walt died, Disney has been going down hill as far as quality, morality and "magic" are concerned. I don't hate Disney, I hate what is becoming of it. There are still wonderful things in Disney's past; however, their more recent creations and the things they create in the future will likely continue to get much, much worse..

Last edited:

CaptainGianna

This is the reason I will forever be mad at Disney--- they shut down VMK! They ruined my friendships!

Ril

I love everything about Disney except Disney Channel basically,
but I agree that Disney Interactive has had made bad choices over the years. (:

Rhyth

Socially Awkward Artist
I absolutely cannot stand Disney Channel. It is garbage. It's so formulaic it makes me sick. It seems like every sitcom has a doofus older brother, some little boy who constantly hits on the main girl, the ditzy air-headed rich girl, the sassy token black friend (or the white friend if the main character is black), the overly exotic token foreigner friend, the cranky neighbor, and the hot mom that all the guys seem infatuated with. I don't watch a lot of DC, but the few shows I have seen seem to hold on to these stereotypes almost every time and it's boring/annoying at best and mildly offensive at worst.

That said, I LOVE the Disney parks (I'm going to WDW this November :D) and most of their movies (I really dislike the direct-to-video sequels. And Frozen... what a disappointment considering all the hype). Disney movies are what I turn to when my depression hits or when I want to feel inspired :]