Pirates Opening Day!

To be honest, I'm not mad that the game hasn't been released yet. I'm upset because they've postponed it 3 times already. If you knew the game is going to take longer to release, why leave 3 countdowns on the main website and get everyone's hopes up? Not to mention, announcing that it will be postponed in the last minutes of the countdown? Really? 3 times?

There is a very easy way to avoid all of these problems.
Please do not plan an entire month on the hopes that new additions will come together and fall into place. (Fantasyland Month, Tomorrowland Month, and now Pirates Month). I think Amy should work on whatever she wants in whatever order she wants at whatever pace she wants, but only plan a month around a huge release when it's ready!! Everything seems planned at the last minute. Why couldn't September be Pirates month? At least the game would be out for the entirety of the month, then.

I understand you are all working so hard for us at no cost, and we all appreciate it. But I think organizing things better can avoid a lot of drama and hate coming from angry members (who are not entirely out of line for being upset). We all understand mistakes happen and things have to be delayed but this is becoming a trend.
YES. THIS.

CoolBama

Please do not plan an entire month on the hopes that new additions will come together and fall into place. (Fantasyland Month, Tomorrowland Month, and now Pirates Month). I think Amy should work on whatever she wants in whatever order she wants at whatever pace she wants, but only plan a month around a huge release when it's ready!! Everything seems planned at the last minute. Why couldn't September be Pirates month? At least the game would be out for the entirety of the month, then.

I understand you are all working so hard for us at no cost, and we all appreciate it. But I think organizing things better can avoid a lot of drama and hate coming from angry members (who are not entirely out of line for being upset). We all understand mistakes happen and things have to be delayed but this is becoming a trend.
I agree with this 100%. Shouldn't plan on releasing things or even mention it until it is complete. Then you won't have this problem.

I am fine with them postponing it. I know last minute glitches come up and stuff happens. But please let us know at least an hour or two or preferably a couple of hours before. I already have no life playing this game, but I could have done something tonight with my friends before school started on Monday. It's going to be August 31st at 11:30pm and Amy will delay pirates again. I don't have problems with delays, it's how soon you notify us is what's the problem.

And it's already in the past guys. Don't blame Amy for what she can't go back and fix. We all have to learn from our mistakes and this is a perfect opportunity for everyone, players and staff included. Mistakes, in the long run, make us better and will surprisingly make this game better. For now, focus on getting back to school and just being a better person. Discouraging Amy is just going to hurt everyone, encourage her to do her best.

Last edited:
Just give us Double Credit and we'll literally pretend none of this ever happened. Double credits on MyVMK isn't any different than a candy shop ok.
Please do. I haven't bought any of the new items because I have been waiting for pirates to open for 2 weeks now to get credits. Honestly, I'm not going to waste my time anymore on jungle cruise. It's pointless.

Bindingkey

Honestly, we don't need themed months every month. It'd complicate timing for other more complex activities, like Pirates. it's best to just plan a theme every other month or so and minor releases in between the themed months.

~dc~

Double credits would be nice, but i rather have keys put into mini games, even if its full games and a certain score is required. Not all of us are good at making it to host events, or able to ride for sits all day. Be nice to get keys when we have the time to log on and play.

Honestly, we don't need themed months every month. It'd complicate timing for other more complex activities, like Pirates. it's best to just plan a theme every other month or so and minor releases in between the themed months.
I agree with this. Set themes for months make it more pressure to release items. Maybe have pirates months for august and september and take time to release the items so we can enjoy them and we won't stress out about the release of the game.

Dio

Professional Canadian

maybe another programmer might speed up the process. if its just amy doing it by herself it will take longer than expected which is why im kinda bothered by the constant delays. if there was 2 or 3 programmers helping, things might be able to be released BEFORE the expected date