Pirates Opening Day!

Jasmine

I mean silver keys were in minigames so why not green and double credits to make us happy for a couple days
True... we're not asking for it forever. Just for long enough for people to actually earn keys and be able to afford the crates.

Like I don't know about you guys, but I have keys and no crates so it's like...

We understand all of the concerns and frustrations. Know that I agree with a lot of what is being said. We are taking all of these considerations and implementing different ways to make sure we can actually meet deadlines (internal, no countdowns). In the end, we are very sorry for this :( Please take your frustrations out on me rather than emailing Amy your complaints..

-Snow

kb_drums

We understand all of the concerns and frustrations. Know that I agree with a lot of what is being said. We are taking all of these considerations and implementing different ways to make sure we can actually meet deadlines (internal, no countdowns). In the end, we are very sorry for this :( Please take your frustrations out on me rather than emailing Amy your complaints..

-Snow
Thank you for everything you guys do. It's frustrating to get your hopes up to be let down, but it's alright. Still thrilled that vmk even exists and you guys are the ones who put it all together. So thank you.

-Snow
Keys in minigames and double credits for a few games and we will be content.

-Snow
Oh, @Snow :( You don't deserve to take any guff from anybody and neither does @Amy. We've all missed deadlines in our lives. I, for one, punish myself harder for missing a deadline than anyone else ever could. I can only imagine the frustration you all must feel, nobody likes to be kicked when they're down. You all do such a great job and I'm sure grateful for all of it. Chin up, and don't listen to the naysayers!! :hug:

There is a very easy way to avoid all of these problems.
Please do not plan an entire month on the hopes that new additions will come together and fall into place. (Fantasyland Month, Tomorrowland Month, and now Pirates Month). I think Amy should work on whatever she wants in whatever order she wants at whatever pace she wants, but only plan a month around a huge release when it's ready!! Everything seems planned at the last minute. Why couldn't September be Pirates month? At least the game would be out for the entirety of the month, then.

I understand you are all working so hard for us at no cost, and we all appreciate it. But I think organizing things better can avoid a lot of drama and hate coming from angry members (who are not entirely out of line for being upset). We all understand mistakes happen and things have to be delayed but this is becoming a trend.
Agreed! It's SUCH a simple concept, honestly.

You obviously don't sell a product until it's fully developed, produced, and ready for shipment. This is the same idea. It's just like a business. All themed months and new releases need to be planned, 100% developed, and ready to go before the month arrives. A plan B/continuity plan should always be in place in case the deadline can't be met. No one will ever know, and you'll have all the time you need to polish and perfect the unfinished projects. NEVER promise anything until it's ready. We'd prefer not to know than be let down numerous times, ja? Let's be real here. One time is acceptable, but three times is not. Not informing us until last minute is also inexcusable, as far as I'm concerned. This is simply not professional.

False promises never look good. It's not necessarily anyone's fault if the deadline can't be met, but you can prevent this big mess by simply not promising anything.
Unless, of course, it's ready from the get-go. Hopefully valuable lessons are learned from this little oopsie.

Last edited:
There is a very easy way to avoid all of these problems.
Please do not plan an entire month on the hopes that new additions will come together and fall into place. (Fantasyland Month, Tomorrowland Month, and now Pirates Month). I think Amy should work on whatever she wants in whatever order she wants at whatever pace she wants, but only plan a month around a huge release when it's ready!! Everything seems planned at the last minute. Why couldn't September be Pirates month? At least the game would be out for the entirety of the month, then.

I understand you are all working so hard for us at no cost, and we all appreciate it. But I think organizing things better can avoid a lot of drama and hate coming from angry members (who are not entirely out of line for being upset). We all understand mistakes happen and things have to be delayed but this is becoming a trend.
This was so well put! Nobody is angry because Amy had personal problems that delayed the game, we're only disappointed because our hopes were up.