Pod Experiments (UPDATED with Rarity Classifications)

Yes but there will be times youve got experiments in a row or more than 1 in every 10. Ive had times ive got 1 experiment in 60, but ive also had times ive had 3 experiments in a row.
I'll say again, that's your average.

With my average, the most I got in a row was 3 after opening 200 duds. It really seems like this game ( hopefully not intentionally) favors some users over others.

I'll say again, that's your average.

With my average, the most I got in a row was 3 after opening 200 duds. It really seems like this game ( hopefully not intentionally) favors some users over others.
But it doesnt. The game is all running from the same code. For every user, opening a pod is rolling a random number telling u what prize youve won. There is no favourability. Also my boyfriends account gets the exact same averages I do. I cant speak for any other accounts but if anyone cares to open 100 pods and let me know how many experiments they recieve id bet it would be around 10. You simply must have got extrmely unlucky or youre speaking of rates from before the changes.

Ever since we got confirmation that the odds were indeed changed and many people were pulling more, since then I've had better luck at pulling and have been pulling a lot of rares, still no supers since that first weekend and definitely not the aloha hat. These last two days, I've been pulling pods a lot again, first with little over 600 and then with little over 200 just now from my collecting this afternoon and I feel as though I've been pulling less overall (like something 30-40 with gantu taking them in a row, and when I do it's mostly commons when before I'd pull rares left and right, even though it was mostly bonnie and squeak but hey it was something! lol Just wondering if that's just me or if it seems like rare pulls have been changed again? Just concerned since with better odds I still couldn't pull any supers :sweat: Still missing the hat bundles, houdini, and flip hat :sweat::sweat:

But it doesnt. The game is all running from the same code. For every user, opening a pod is rolling a random number telling u what prize youve won. There is no favourability. Also my boyfriends account gets the exact same averages I do. I cant speak for any other accounts but if anyone cares to open 100 pods and let me know how many experiments they recieve id bet it would be around 10. You simply must have got extrmely unlucky or youre speaking of rates from before the changes.
The fact that you constantly have to tell me how your experience has been while telling me mine is wrong and a complete anomaly, isn't helping at all.

I've always been extremely unlucky in this game since I started, so yes I realize some of this may just be my "luck" in this game. My rates only increased for maybe 4 days before going back to the way before they were changed. I was only posting to see how many others seemed to have the same "luck" I did.

I feel like the rates have definitely been lowered in the past few days. I've opened a little over 1100 and haven't gotten a single super rare experiment, nor a hat.:shrug: guess that's the name of the game

I feel like the rates have definitely been lowered in the past few days. I've opened a little over 1100 and haven't gotten a single super rare experiment, nor a hat.:shrug: guess that's the name of the game
I opened over 200 yesterday, and only got 7 very common experiments.
That seems way too low, but then again my odds just seem to be that low on average.

I've opened around 2000 over an extended period of time and haven't gotten any super rares, either. I don't know if they've adjusted the odds, but I don't think that opening 1100 without getting a super rare was ever particularly atypical.

Edit: 400 more pods gone. Still nothing.

Last edited:

saturn

the probability of pod:experiment should not be different for different players (if it is, and i have no evidence of such, then that would indicate there is corruption). there is no average per person; in other words, there is no "average for you" just as there is no "average for me" (emphasis added). furthermore, and i am noting this because i have seen people try this with false hope: the odds DO NOT increase if you open 10 in a row or if you open 1,000 in a row (this is a nice idea, but it's not how math works).

i was told (i honestly do not remember by whom) that the odds of pulling an experiment from the pod were 1/10 (10%). therefore, it makes total sense that you could open 50 pods and get nothing (although the probability of you pulling an experiment obviously increases, it does not guarantee anything). for example (these are my real numbers):
  • i have opened 2010 pods and i have won 199 experiments. the odds are: 199/2010 = 0.099 (9.9%). this is a near statistical match to the supposed 1/10 probability of experiment to pod.
    • of the 199 experiments i have won, 162 are common (13 ace, 20 snooty, 17 slushy, 16 woops, 16 finder, 16 clip, 14 nosy, 18 sparky, 15 glitch, 17 belle). therefore: 162/199 = 81.4% (alternatively, you can do 162/2010 = 80.59% and round).
    • of the 199 experiments i have won, 36 are rare (12 clyde, 5 bonnie, 6 evile, 4 spike, 5 angel, 4 squeak). my odds are: 36/199 (alternatively, you can do 36/2010 and round) = 18%.
    • of the 199 experiments i have won, 1 is a super rare (babyfier). therefore: 1/199 = 0.005 (.5%)*
*the caveat here is that my sample size is not large enough to indicate what the true probability for pulling a super rare from within the 1/10 probability of opening a pod to get an experiment is. my margin of error may be too large; however, i am inclined to think the probability is likely 0.5%-1%. if anyone has real, accurate numbers then we can all do the math, yay.

either way, in my view, there is a huge RED FLAG when someone opens over 10,000 pods and has nothing to show for it. i, for example, am actually quite bothered that i've opened 2010 pods and have not gotten any user-created rare experiments, let alone the hat bundles since i won the babyfier within the first week of the pods being released. perhaps this is indicative of what the common/rare/super rare probability (rounded to likely scenario) is: 80%, 20%, .5%. personally, these odds are TOO LOW to guarantee there will be enough super rares in-game; the controlled variable is faulty. either it needs to be changed (to something that guarantees that after x # of pulls you are guaranteed a rare or super rare, i.e. a gacha system [shout out nate]), or it needs to be removed.

i personally think the odds should be increased on a thursday at midnight and the pods should be removed the following monday (giving players friday 12:01am to monday, 11:59pm to collect). then we can all get double creds, win a quest prize, go to events, collect pods and get excited, start a trading frenzy, and move on.

Last edited:
either way, in my view, there is a huge RED FLAG when someone opens over 10,000 pods and has nothing to show for it. i, for example, am actually quite bothered that i've opened 2010 pods and have not gotten any user-created rare experiments, let alone the hat bundles since i won the babyfier within the first week of the pods being released. perhaps this is indicative of what the common/rare/super rare probability (rounded to likely scenario) is: 80%, 20%, .5%. personally, these odds are TOO LOW
I haven't kept track of how many I've opened by now but I would say roughly 5000 (probably more) and I haven't gotten anything that could be considered rare
it's not just me, I talk to people every day that fall into the same category. It's ridiculous, and people are not happy

Super rares should be won by skill, not dumb luck

saturn

I haven't kept track of how many I've opened by now but I would say roughly 5000 (probably more) and I haven't gotten anything that could be considered rare
it's not just me, I talk to people every day that fall into the same category. It's ridiculous, and people are not happy

Super rares should be won by skill, not dumb luck
I am in the same situation as you and the people you've talked to (and chances are we have overlapped there). I'm also unhappy to the point that I've basically stopped collecting pods (and why I'm advocating the end of the pod life).

To your other point, unfortunately, "skill" is completely uninvolved in something that is all about chance and probability (this includes crates, Easter baskets, SITS pins, and chest items), so you're out of luck (lol).

@saturn Not gonna quote your post as its huge.To add I'd agree that the odds are around 1/10 for an experiment. I've opened so many I stopped counting, but when I was counting this was around the number I would get. I think I've opened around the region of 4000-5000 and I've received 3 super rares, Divali, Houdini and Reuben. It would make sense that the rare of getting a super rare falls somewhere in the region of 0.5-1% so per every 1000-2000 pods the probability is that you're going to get a super rare. BUT(for anyone saying i've opened(number)), this is ONLY average its in nowhere near guaranteed that this will be the case.
Also, When you say "am actually quite bothered that i've opened 2010 pods and have not gotten any user-created rare experiments, let alone the hat bundles since i won the babyfier within the first week of the pods being released." As we have seen, the average to even get a super rare could be close to 2000 so I wouldnt say that your number is too out of the ordinary.
And lastly, people arent even that keen on the super rares, I have 3 that im trying to sell and I havent had one offer on them lol. I dont think people are too keen on getting them/buying them anyway.

saturn

@saturn Not gonna quote your post as its huge.To add I'd agree that the odds are around 1/10 for an experiment. I've opened so many I stopped counting, but when I was counting this was around the number I would get. I think I've opened around the region of 4000-5000 and I've received 3 super rares, Divali, Houdini and Reuben. It would make sense that the rare of getting a super rare falls somewhere in the region of 0.5-1% so per every 1000-2000 pods the probability is that you're going to get a super rare. BUT(for anyone saying i've opened(number)), this is ONLY average its in nowhere near guaranteed that this will be the case.
Also, When you say "am actually quite bothered that i've opened 2010 pods and have not gotten any user-created rare experiments, let alone the hat bundles since i won the babyfier within the first week of the pods being released." As we have seen, the average to even get a super rare could be close to 2000 so I wouldnt say that your number is too out of the ordinary.
And lastly, people arent even that keen on the super rares, I have 3 that im trying to sell and I havent had one offer on them lol. I dont think people are too keen on getting them/buying them anyway.
I totally hear all of this, and I appreciate you pointing out that my babyfier fits in the odds, because it slipped by me in the frustration of "how many more do I need to freaking open" thought process.

I think the major issue with the super rares is that 1) they're generally overpriced for the average player and 2) people are only looking for one rare item - the flip hat. I don't know that there's a fix for that, to be honest - other than adding in another rare flip or something of high enough demand to make it competitive, and lowering the others to rare but not super. At this point, we have had them in game for like a month and a half...

I totally hear all of this, and I appreciate you pointing out that my babyfier fits in the odds, because it slipped by me in the frustration of "how many more do I need to freaking open" thought process.

I think the major issue with the super rares is that 1) they're generally overpriced for the average player and 2) people are only looking for one rare item - the flip hat. I don't know that there's a fix for that, to be honest - other than adding in another rare flip or something of high enough demand to make it competitive, and lowering the others to rare but not super. At this point, we have had them in game for like a month and a half...
Yeah the thing with the pods is, and mostly other events like this, easter baskets etc, people only want the 1 or 2/3 ultras(usually hats) from the pods. People end up with so many experiments/eggs, that no one wants them, everyone is just after the ultra.