Skye's Lucky Penny?

What would you like to be done with Skye's Lucky Penny Pin?

• Nothing, leave it as it is

Votes: 32 9.6%
  • Delete it from the game

Votes: 216 65.1%
  • Rename the pin

Votes: 84 25.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
since when...

Edit: i did not see any one talking about said option ( on here this thread) up until abs posted about it
You just answered your own question. Abs gave everyone with the pin the option to sell it. Along with voting to rename it, delete it, or leave it as it is. Look at the options and decide. I don't understand why everyone is getting so mad over a simple task.

You just answered your own question. Abs gave everyone with the pin the option to sell it. Along with voting to rename it, delete it, or leave it as it is. Look at the options and decide. I don't understand why everyone is getting so mad over a simple task.
ORIGINALLY there was no option. At all. Not part of the poll. At all. ORIGINALLY there was 3 options. Thank you.

Also the fact you can sell it was never mentioned anywhere. At all. Until today after people were angry about it.
Exactly. Thank you so much Wonder.[DOUBLEPOST=1432946611][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't care what wasn't there originally. Now there's a poll. Now you have options to choose from. You're welcome!
we wanted it deleted. oh look it's being sold..... without our content/our choice/without our voice in saying....

Exactly. Thank you so much Wonder.[DOUBLEPOST=1432946611][/DOUBLEPOST]
we wanted it deleted. oh look it's being sold..... without our content/our choice/without our voice in saying....
You know, not everything staff does has to go through us first for it to be a final decision. They probably thought maybe some people wanted to sell it for credits and some people have made the choice to do so. Getting all uptight over it is completely a waste of time. In the end, the pin will be deleted anyways so why argue?

You know, not everything staff does has to go through us first for it to be a final decision. They probably thought maybe some people wanted to sell it for credits and some people have made the choice to do so. Getting all uptight over it is completely a waste of time. In the end, the pin will be deleted anyways so why argue?
not arguing im just wondering where in the world did you see that there was an option for us to sell it...... before abs even mention it

edit: also yea staff seems to do that a lot dont you think? i could say a lot of things about that particular topic but im not. just inputting it here.

not arguing im just wondering where in the world did you see that there was an option for us to sell it...... before abs even mention it
Honestly, I didn't know it was an option until I read about it on the forums when I woke up this morning. (it's midnight here so the morning of 5/29) Apparently it became sell-able last night or something idk.

If Abs, or any staff tbh, would have mentioned in the first post that people have the option to sell it, I don't think this would be such an issue. But no, we found out from a player who posted on this thread. Yet another time where there was a major lack of communication between staff and players.

If Abs, or any staff tbh, would have mentioned in the first post that people have the option to sell it, I don't think this would be such an issue. But no, we found out from a player who posted on this thread. Yet another time where there was a major lack of communication between staff and players.
much lack i see (i still have no idea when this whole thing was posted because my time zones on here are still messed up -.-)

I respect your opinion, but honestly there's no need to make an issue out of this. There's no need to stress yourselves out either. Make your decision to either vote for what you want for the pin or sell it. Let's move on. I'm done going back and forth with this nonsense.

Personally, I don’t think the special pin should have ever been created in the first place because it promotes favoritism. Perhaps a better way for Skye’s friends to remember her (if this had been a true story) would be by all wearing a buyable pin that everyone had a access to. I see that this pin caused a lot of hurt feelings but you can’t believe everything you read on the internet.
this^
what about others on this game in the future or even when this happened could have an illness as well but just because they didn't shout to all of vmk they don't get anything

I disagree with a lot of things staff does, but if you can't see the logic behind players being able to sell their pins then there really is no reasoning with you.

For the most part, the lucky penny pixels were given to people who actively sought out Skye to hang out and see how she was doing. So people who felt close with her visited and received pixels.

The situation escalated, with the help of staff, by them trying to make Skye's "last days" special and magical. The pin was made.

Skye was found to be a fraud. Simply a falsehood that tugged on many players' hearts. The players who actively sought out the company of Skye were left with a pin to remember her by, but it is now tainted with malice and deceit.

The staff probably feel bad, because they did bring quite a lot of attention to Skye, aiding in the emotional connection people had to her, and they now offer the players who were directly bamboozled (by Skye with promotion from staff) the option to sell the pin. The 5k is simply a "sorry we accidentally aided in the glorification of skye, hopefully this can make up for it a little."

Like come on. Why are people SO amped about 5k? There is an obvious reason for it. Just like staff would help someone get items back for being scammed, they're giving the option of receiving 5k to the people who sought to help, but ultimately were emotionally scammed by "skyeviolet."

I won't be posting further on this topic.

Last edited:
Feel like this thread just going in circles and the same things just getting repeated by both sides. the fact of the matter is whats done is done. Yes the staff should of said additionally to the poll the pin is now sellable or not make the pin sellable at all. It not the greatest reason like it or not but the reason why they make 5k is because they like how the community came together for this person. Should it have happen and was it fair, Probably not.
P.s Thanks Abs for actually replying to this thread a few times for some it was not most satisfying but it was better then nothing.

Last edited:
Whoever doesn't want the 5k, please contact me and I'll gladly take those credits.
Again, the credits are not the major issue. But how the situation was handled. I'm sure the staff had their reasons but I, along with others, wish there was more communication. Lessons should have been learned from the last "mistake".

This is useless, tbh. I'm done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.