Disney College Program Fall 2017

some people who gotten roles they dont like self term (which is pretty stupid, helloooo its disney!!!)
You actually don't have to do this. They'll give you your role in your acceptance e-mail (before you even accept the position). So technically if you didn't like your role, you just don't have to accept the position. But I agree... it's Disney... Why would you not? lol

You actually don't have to do this. They'll give you your role in your acceptance e-mail (before you even accept the position). So technically if you didn't like your role, you just don't have to accept the position. But I agree... it's Disney... Why would you not? lol
still it be pretty dumb to not accept xD i will literally take anything just to get to the motherland

Exactly. You still get to work with the public. Still get to be at Disney every day. Come on.
I got very lucky somehow and got Attractions. :o I'm hoping for Kilimanjaro Safaris or somewhere in AK :D but I'll honestly take anywhere. Even Stitch.
I honestly feel like im not qualified for attractions idk. because i really want to do either tower of terror or haunted mansion ;o; but i know literally you can get any role with no experience (except lifeguard, cause you need to know how to swim obvi and cpr) but still.... however it doesn't hurt to try to get it right?

What are you guys putting as your top roles?

I heard custodial and Quick service food and beverage were the ones they need most of.
I wanted mine to be attractions, merch, and character attendant, but if quick service food and bev is going to give me a better chance of getting in i might put that.
If you don't see yourself doing a role mark it as no interest! I marked no interest for 3/4 high need roles and low interest for QSFB. I ended up ranking Vacation Planner first, then Merch, then Attractions. I ended up in merch! Custodial, QSFB, Housekeeping, and Lifeguarding are all high needs so if you put high interest in them you'll prob end up there.

Exactly! And then like Q said mark no interest for ones you don't want. I put low interest for them because I wanted to work there no matter what, though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i for sure dont want lifeguard or children activites, but everything else is till in interest :D I cannot wait to apply and hopefully finally be accepted cause thirds time the charm :3

Hmm it's really not that bad until holiday season where you will work 50+ hours a week and be constantly busy but with merch there's tons and tons of opportunities to make magic!
have you ever had a bad experience in merch? i know every situation/location is different but there's always rude people somewhere ;)

kiddy

have you ever had a bad experience in merch? i know every situation/location is different but there's always rude people somewhere ;)
only bad time would be with some of the leaders/coordinators aren't that friendly.. but most of them are! just depends on the location. i was in tomorrowland so i worked all 7 stores, and we are typically not bothered with our superiors that was cool to be on our own for most of the time. also guests can be rude sometimes, but you just cant let either of them get to you and make the most out of it :D

only bad time would be with some of the leaders/coordinators aren't that friendly.. but most of them are! just depends on the location. i was in tomorrowland so i worked all 7 stores, and we are typically not bothered with our superiors that was cool to be on our own for most of the time. also guests can be rude sometimes, but you just cant let either of them get to you and make the most out of it :D
welp i cant wait to be accepted then :) still iffy about merch since im tired of retail but i will enjoy every bit of it if i get that role

kiddy

welp i cant wait to be accepted then :) still iffy about merch since im tired of retail but i will enjoy every bit of it if i get that role
its totally different then retail honestly.. you aren't constantly behind a register, you get different tasks so you're never bored of the same thing and the plus side is you get to play with the merchandise and fix all the cute plush all day haha i loved it

Neda

Do you think the apps are going to drop sometime this week? (or tomorrow, idk)
You know the DCP page that says "Apply now" ? well before when I'd click it, it would ask me if I wanted to opt in for emails telling me that they'd email me when the apps drop but I just checked that page again and that "Opt in" page isn't showing anymore.
just speculating lol

I know that recruiting has been massively busy the last few weeks... like a ton of people haven't gotten replies to emails from the first of the year. So maybe? But if not, that's why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think the apps are going to drop sometime this week? (or tomorrow, idk)
You know the DCP page that says "Apply now" ? well before when I'd click it, it would ask me if I wanted to opt in for emails telling me that they'd email me when the apps drop but I just checked that page again and that "Opt in" page isn't showing anymore.
just speculating lol
ya ppl are speculating that it could drop any time soon and the official DCP facebook page is subtly dropping hints too, making everyone crazy