Happy April Fools Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gina

I am usually the one who usually gets fooled! Last year I was getting off work and one of my co-workers ran up to me as I was getting on the elevator to go down to the parking lot to tell me that my car had been hit. I panicked and ran to my car to check out the damage. Needless to say some of my coworkers were hiding behind my car so when I walked up to look at it they jumped out from behind my car and yelled "April Fools!".

I pulled a prank a long time ago with a good ol fashioned $1 bill and a fishing poll...
I went with my dad one day to his job site and hid behind one of the lift machines... Cast out my dollar and watched as all of the job site workers tried their way at that vending machine money... Poor guys. Never got it... :')

I pulled a prank a long time ago with a good ol fashioned $1 bill and a fishing poll...
I went with my dad one day to his job site and hid behind one of the lift machines... Cast out my dollar and watched as all of the job site workers tried their way at that vending machine money... Poor guys. Never got it... :')
Oh my gosh that's hilarious! How old were you when you did that?!

I've never been one for pranking, so I will tell you all of a couple of other traditions I have for the day:

1) My dog, Trixie, is named as such because she tricked us into keeping her. It was because of that that I gave her the honorary birthday of April Fools Day. She seems to like her yearly puppuccinos from Starbucks, and a pupcake.

2) My mother took to French better than she took to English, so since she was in high school and learned of the holiday, she's always participated in "Poisson d'Avril," or the French version of April Fools that translates to The Fish of April, or April Fish.
It apparently has origins regarding sticking actual dead fish to people's backs. The one with the most dead fish on their backs is the King of Fools.
In modern times, people stick paper fish on each others backs, and then laugh over the fact that they were able to get them there without the recipient noticing.
I've since learned that it's more of a child's holiday, but I still like to make my mom some fish paintings and stick them around her house for her to find during the day. It's just a fun little thing.
She usually gives me a bag of Swedish Fish.

Sadly I have yet to pull off a successful prank besides the typical hide behind a corner and pop out and make you scream, but I have one prank that did happen to me.

It was summer camp and every year I would bring this battery-powered electric fan for my tent. Seems like this fan was the hit of the party because everyone wanted it. The heat would get unbearable some nights. Well, my friends, decided that one night they were going to steal it right under me without me noticing. Sure they could have walked in and taken it, but where's the fun in that. NONE. So with the help of some others they tied me to my cot via some duct tape and then proceeded to haul me into the middle of the woods. THEN, just to add to the insanity they plastered me with baby powder. I can remember waking up in the middle of the night not knowing where the heck I was and scared senseless. That it until I could here my friends dying of laughter near a tree. I'm a pretty light sleeper so I was surprised they were able to pull off such a thing. I let them keep the fan that night.

Here's one from my friend:
He did the ole Pudding in the Mayo jar trick. Take out the mayo and replace with pudding. He brought it to class and started eating it right in front of everyone, causing some to leave and not return to class. I guess some people do not like pudding lol :tp:

Just last year I made a cake for my gf on April fools but it was actually a ballon disguised in frosting, so when she went to cut it open, it blew all over the place lol

-Ajax

Last edited:
I was waiting till my sister was asleep then opened up her door quietly and put a piece of tape across it so she would open the door and run into it in the morning. It didn't get my sister, but my mom instead when she went to wake up my sister! Haha! Happy April Fools!

i told my friend we had a huge exam that day, made flash cards and everything... she showed up to class freaking out, stressing, nearly in tears (bc she's a huge organizer and this threw off her groove) and it turned out we were just watching a movie :whistle: she was so mad at me LOL

Jorash

When I was living in the dorms I put saran wrap over a few doors and then ran down the hall knocking on their doors and watched them all walk into the wrap.

I've also done the prank where you tie something sturdy to two door handles so that neither person could get out, and that was pretty funny to watch

My favorite April Fools Prank was about 8 years ago. My teacher was always late coming to class and the principal was fed up with it (we weren't). So he decided we should have some fun with her being late. So for the next few days he planned on how to get her back. Well on a Friday we came into class and shut the door. When she pulled on the handle of the door it wouldn't open and after several pulls on the door a bunch of green putty fell on top of her head. All we could hear was screaming. Best Day EVER!

I put lifesavers around the shower ring, so after drying off my roommate couldn't figure out why she was so sticky after she had just showered....it lasted for 5 showers, and she was really confused.

I also made "Orange Tang" (juice) Out of Kraft macaroni and cheese powder.

Elias

Suitcase and a Dream
I made a fake mouse, complete with ears and tail, out of tissue paper and colored it black and put it on the floor in my co-worker's office. She's deathly afraid of rodents so she got a good scream and jumped the highest I've ever seen! I even managed to catch her reaction on video! Good times... good times...

Status
Not open for further replies.