Is it racist to not be attracted to certain races?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarolynD

Impacting lives everywhere
You don't have to have a "minority" status for it to be considered racist or not.
You can be racist towards white people. They're nothing special. Do they get special privilege because they're white? (oh the irony)
I mean clearly they are special because they are the only group of people that haven't had to fight for their rights in this country lol. At one point in time in our history, a black american was only looked at as 2/3s a human being. Also considering that white privilege is an on going problem in most white superior countries I would say yes they are treated special. To this day you still see POC not getting equal pay rates, discriminated against in legal matters, and lets not even being to discuss how white terrorism is never really considered terrorism. I don't really see the argument you are trying to back here, but I digress.

but how is it not racist to not date white people but it would be racist to not date black people or asian people
if youre going off the whole minority thing, i'm pretty sure theres more of an asian race than anything
Well considering we were talking about European colonized countries, the whole "asian race" thing doesn't apply. But if you read up on it, asian society deals with their own racism/colorism as a whole. There are many knowledge sources discussing how asians of a dark skin tone are discriminated against by those of fairer stones and whiter features. I mean just take a look at a lot of the popular asian anime and manga that make there way to the United States.

Yes it is prejudice/discrimination based on race. Which is almost verbatim the definition of racism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oppression can refer to an authoritarian regime controlling its citizens via state control of politics, the monetary system, media, and the military; denying people any meaningful human or civil rights; and terrorizing the populace through harsh, unjust punishment, and a hidden network of obsequious informants reporting to a vicious secret police force.

Are we really going to disregard every bit of racist history in this country?

white su·prem·a·cy
noun
  1. the belief that white people are superior to those of all other races, especially the black race, and should therefore dominate society.
I can't really find a combating definition for black supremacy so....

Still not understanding your point?

I would really be interested in hearing some factional information as you how you can be racist towards white people, but I haven't really seen any being displayed yet. At this point it seems like a lot of the posters here are repeating the same things over and over again and not really even trying to combat the opposing argument.

Last edited:

Bill_Murray

Oppression can refer to an authoritarian regime controlling its citizens via state control of politics, the monetary system, media, and the military; denying people any meaningful human or civil rights; and terrorizing the populace through harsh, unjust punishment, and a hidden network of obsequious informants reporting to a vicious secret police force.

Are we really going to disregard every bit of racist history in this country?

white su·prem·a·cy
noun
  1. the belief that white people are superior to those of all other races, especially the black race, and should therefore dominate society.
I can't really find a combating definition for black supremacy so....

Still not understanding your point?

Black supremacy or black supremacism is a racial supremacist belief that black people are superior to people of other races.

Regardless of the whole black supremacy white supremacy, because those are both extremist movements that I’m assuming and hoping none of us support, you seem to be avoiding the fact that there is no logic to support that discrimination against caucasians (again this is a RACE) is NOT racism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.