Multiple Accounts?

iTony

Ohana means family.
Are we allowed to use multiple accounts on this version?
I'm just wondering because I'm sure others are wondering to.

If a thread was created about this already, then please close them and direct me to that thread :)

InaDaze

The Confused One.
There might be an old thread on this but I've seen many people saying that they would like a limit on Multiple/Clone Accounts. I'm unsure if there's a direct topic on it. But, yes it has been discussed as a community but I don't think any staff have said if there will be a limit or not.

Personally I don't want there to be clones/multiple accounts. At most just one extra but I just don't like second accounts.

I don't think there has been any statement from staff about this yet, but I think it's safe to assume it's 2 per IP like in OVMK.

For OVMK, I recall the limit was two accounts per IP address. I think the limit will most likely be similar here.
It was discussed but never implemented.

Are we allowed to use multiple accounts on this version?
I'm just wondering because I'm sure others are wondering to.

If a thread was created about this already, then please close them and direct me to that thread :)
In my opinion I think it would be nice to have two accounts, an alternate account. I have like 10+ PSN's and 3 RS accounts, I get really really bored on one account, I like creating and accumulating, building, whatever word you'd like to use. One account has always felt extremely stagnant to me. However, I believe in limits on certain games, specifically MyVMK. If codes are given out again they'll be abused again, people will make multiple accounts pretending to have siblings and reap the benefits.

However... trying to moderate this is doomed to fail. Trying to distinguish between a household of multiple people under one IP and one person creating multiple accounts pretending to have siblings is virtually impossible. Of course there's an indefinite difference between 4-5 accounts on one IP and then like 10-20+, yeah that's entirely obvious what's going on and action should be taken immediately.

I'm in support of having at most one alternate account, but no more. That's just what i'm in support of, but the actual moderation of something like this is near impossible to conduct without banning innocent people.

Squid

I think it's a little hard to regulate how many accounts people make no matter what rules or checks there are put in.
In a perfect world, it would be possible to put an end to "cloning" but I don't think it's really plausible.

See, I think the best thing to do is simply attempt to limit the negative effects of cloning. Don't have a permanent public credit codes. Make in-game quest just tedius enough people will only want to bother with one account, nerf NPC credits, and buff game credits. Problem solved. Issues can be fixed with good game design rather than draconian rules about how many toons each person can have.

Geggy

See, I think the best thing to do is simply attempt to limit the negative effects of cloning. Don't have an permanent public credit codes. Make in-game quest just tedius enough people will only want to bother with one account, nerf NPC credits, and buff game credits. Problem solved. Issues can be fixed with good game design rather than draconian rules about how many toons each person can have.
What he ^^ said. :)

See, I think the best thing to do is simply attempt to limit the negative effects of cloning. Don't have a permanent public credit codes. Make in-game quest just tedius enough people will only want to bother with one account, nerf NPC credits, and buff game credits. Problem solved. Issues can be fixed with good game design rather than draconian rules about how many toons each person can have.
Eh, not really. On RS I have 3 accounts and have done some quests that takes hours to complete like 3x + (have done for other friends accounts) and I can play mini-games on two accounts at the same time. That's just me though lol... >_>

But I do agree with buffing credits received from mini-games.

Eh, not really. On RS I have 3 accounts and have done some quests that takes hours to complete like 3x + (have done for other friends accounts) and I can play mini-games on two accounts at the same time. That's just me though lol... >_>

But I do agree with buffing credits received from mini-games.
Obviously, some people do have time to dedicate regardless. I'm just suggesting the things you can do to limit the effects without having to put any caps on them. And quest aren't really that bad as far as clones go. You still have to complete them, so they aren't devastating the economy that bad.

cyre

i don't mind a couple of accounts to get multiples of an item, I have a problem with people using 50 or more accounts (and yes there were and are some on other games) and using them to get 50 items...in the end the person with the 50 items is hurting as much as everyone else is, as it's decreasing the value of said item.

Obviously, some people do have time to dedicate regardless. I'm just suggesting the things you can do to limit the effects without having to put any caps on them. And quest aren't really that bad as far as clones go. You still have to complete them, so they aren't devastating the economy that bad.
When you talk about quests are we talking about fan-made quests or the original quests. Because I don't think the original quests should be messed with. Other than quests, I think it's just one of those things we can't really control. :T Amy can try but I think a lot of it will backfire in terms of community... happiness, I suppose. rofl =p

I don't think everyone realizes that there really isn't an economy for MyVMK. I think that word might be accurate if there were an in-game tradable currency (credits). Also, the price of items would have to be player-affected. However, credits aren't tradable and even if they were the price of shop bought items wouldn't fluctuate. Everything is set in stone with price, and it's impossible for street value of items to exist since everyone buys the items from the same place for the same price.

The only type of economy that exists is the rare item trade. Items that are discontinued have a different value to them than items you can buy in the shops. Rare items will have street value set by us, the players. We will determine whether or not we can trade hats with equal value of credits to the rare (say 10 flip hats = 20k credits and such and such rare item ='s 20k credits) or if it would be strictly rares for rares.
My quote from another thread is my response to the economy in MyVMK.

I agree no one should abuse making accounts for gain but if people like myself, have only one computer and have more than 2 people in the household that would enjoy playing, you really cant limit accounts per IP address.:thumbsup:

Grant

Get high through the lows
It'd be nice if there was an option to have 3 avatars limit on one account and switch between them, with the account having the total amount of credits you've gotten from all your avatars combined, but that's not gonna happen maybe.