[myVMKPal] The easy way to play!

What should we add next?

• Customizable Interface

Votes: 44 17.8%
  • Video Recording

Votes: 91 36.8%
  • Password Protected Accounts (i.e. Need password to log into certain accounts)

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • Credit Display (Your current number of credits will be displayed at the bottom!)

Votes: 97 39.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twasbrillig

Disney Dreamer
Just as a heads up, Webroot says your entire site is malware.
I know your site is fine, because I've had your MyVMKPal on multiple computers, but I just thought I'd let you know.
FYI, I just went to upgrade to the latest version today and toward the end of the install, my AVG antivirus said the install contained unknown malware. Not sure what that's about.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
FYI, I just went to upgrade to the latest version today and toward the end of the install, my AVG antivirus said the install contained unknown malware. Not sure what that's about.
AVG may be flagging it because myVMKPal isn't what would be considered a "popular" software. It's flagging it because it doesn't know what it is (probably because the software can store data on your computer [user data], but more likely that it can download files [allowing for updates]). I promise that myVMKPal is completely virus free :) However, I will look into what exactly may be tripping it.[DOUBLEPOST=1465364855][/DOUBLEPOST]
AVG may be flagging it because myVMKPal isn't what would be considered a "popular" software. It's flagging it because it doesn't know what it is (probably because the software can store data on your computer [user data], but more likely that it can download files [allowing for updates]). I promise that myVMKPal is completely virus free :) However, I will look into what exactly may be tripping it.
UPDATE: VirusTotal scan -> https://virustotal.com/en/file/00ef...5fd95cd58f6377903652b4be/analysis/1465485242/

twasbrillig

Disney Dreamer
AVG may be flagging it because myVMKPal isn't what would be considered a "popular" software. It's flagging it because it doesn't know what it is (probably because the software can store data on your computer [user data], but more likely that it can download files [allowing for updates]). I promise that myVMKPal is completely virus free :) However, I will look into what exactly may be tripping it.[DOUBLEPOST=1465364855][/DOUBLEPOST]

UPDATE: VirusTotal scan -> https://virustotal.com/en/file/00ef...5fd95cd58f6377903652b4be/analysis/1465485242/
Thank you very much! I try to be careful when I install programs from the web and it killed me to have to use firefox for a few days, way too slow. Love myVMKPal!

Is there any reason that some of the myVMKPal files would be dumped onto my desktop instead of a folder?
I just recently got a new latop that run Windows 10, so It's possible it's a problem on my end.
I have the program and game running fine, it just that the files were plopped onto my desktop.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Is there any reason that some of the myVMKPal files would be dumped onto my desktop instead of a folder?
I just recently got a new latop that run Windows 10, so It's possible it's a problem on my end.
I have the program and game running fine, it just that the files were plopped onto my desktop.
I've noticed people having this problem.... I'll look into it.

In the meantime, it is possible that this is occurring if:
1) You are NOT giving myVMKPal (or its installer) administrator privileges when it asks for them.
2) You are NOT an administrator on your computer, and therefore cannot install myVMKPal to the Program Files directory. In this case, make sure myVMKPal is installed somewhere where you have the privileges to install it.

I've noticed people having this problem.... I'll look into it.

In the meantime, it is possible that this is occurring if:
1) You are NOT giving myVMKPal (or its installer) administrator privileges when it asks for them.
2) You are NOT an administrator on your computer, and therefore cannot install myVMKPal to the Program Files directory. In this case, make sure myVMKPal is installed somewhere where you have the privileges to install it.
hmm.. well as far as I know I gave it all privileges it asked for as I installed, and it's my new personal laptop so I'm the admin.

Thanks for looking into it.

I can also verify that that I gave myVMKPal/installer all admin privileges when it wanted them.
Recently added it to a friend's computer, and then reinstalled it on mine. Same thing both times, @kolyaventuri :
Files dumped onto desktop. Also seen as a virus by Webroot, Norton, and McAfee, btw.