Play Fair

It is my understanding the the SITS pin activates the stone and the prize is awarded randomly. The stone determines what prize is won. Check back when someone "Asked Amy" and she explained the process.
"That is correct, the prize is decided by random odds that are set at the time you use each pin, the prize is not attached or predetermined by the pin in any way." (contactmyvmk.com direct quote)
Players should be courteous and wait until the person at the stone is finished before they attempt to pull the sword.[/
Everyone is so anxious to get to the stone that they forget that it is all about waiting your turn.

Last edited:

Wonder

Players should be courteous and wait until the person at the stone is finished before they attempt to pull the sword.[/
Everyone is so anxious to get to the stone that they forget that it is all about waiting your turn.
I don't understand. If each pull has the exact same odds of pulling any certain prize, why would having to wait your turn matter?

When I use the stone and have over five SITS I usually go to a different room with no one in them. Maybe go to the South or maybe West rooms, so it doesn't happen to you :o

I assume youre annoyed because someone came along and pulled a rare whist you were still pulling but think of it like this scenario. Person 1 is pulling from the sword, person 2 comes over and pulls and gets a rare. Person 1 is annoyed whilst person 2 is happy they got a rare. But person 2 may come over and pull from the sword, get nothing, and person 1 get a rare from the next pull. Therefor if person 2 hadnt of pulled from the sword person 1 may not have got that rare. In this scenario person 1 would be glad person 2 pulled before them.

This is how we view it in our mind, like there is a set order things are pulled from the stone, but like people have said above, assuming on each pull a random number generator decides the prize it should have no affect on what order people pull in. Of course probability comes into effect but really, we could never know for certain as players the probability at any point of drawing a rare.

Because it's a chance of random within the stone; say you have 15 pins to use. You used 8 of those pins when someone else comes up and uses a single pin (some players use pins as they get them) and THEY win the rare pin. Now if they had waited and you had the chance to use one more pin that prize would have been yours! It's really rather rude.

I would also like to point out, like cloudyblue has mentioned. People sometimes go to different rooms to pull. These rooms could all run off the same number gen so you might not even know if someone is pulling at the same time as you

Lost

Because it's a chance of random within the stone; say you have 15 pins to use. You used 8 of those pins when someone else comes up and uses a single pin (some players use pins as they get them) and THEY win the rare pin. Now if they had waited and you had the chance to use one more pin that prize would have been yours! It's really rather rude.
From what I understand, it doesn't work like that. If you used your pin instead of the person who won the rare, you wouldn't be guarenteed to win the rare by any means.

For example if you have a 6 sided dice and you roll it 10 times but haven't rolled a 6, then someone takes your dice and rolls a 6, it doesn't mean you would have rolled that 6 because they are seperate instances. You could have still rolled the dice 10 more times before rolling a 6.

It can be annoying when something like that happens, but what someone else pulls out the stone has no effect on you will or would have pulled. It's all random every time (unless it's set not to be, for example the time when the parameters were set for every pull to be a win etc)

From what I understand, it doesn't work like that. If you used your pin instead of the person who won the rare, you wouldn't be guarenteed to win the rare by any means.

For example if you have a 6 sided dice and you roll it 10 times but haven't rolled a 6, then someone takes your dice and rolls a 6, it doesn't mean you would have rolled that 6 because they are seperate instances. You could have still rolled the dice 10 more times before rolling a 6.

It can be annoying when something like that happens, but what someone else pulls out the stone has no effect on you will or would have pulled. It's all random every time (unless it's set not to be, for example the time when the parameters were set for every pull to be a win etc)
This is what I was trying to say but you explained it a whole lot better haha. if someone pulls before us and wins we always see it as "that should have been my win" when in reality you might have pulled in their place and not won at all

Ok so lets work this out. Say just for the scenerio you have 30 pins but fate has decided pin #25 wins. No matter who pulls it that number is whats decided (since its through the stone not the pin, as quoted) if I sit there and pull 24 pins; it does not matter who pulls the next pin because fate had decided what number is the winner even though that person does not know it. Thats how random generation works. NOW if someone comes up and buts in, it doesnt change how the fate has it. It will still be that pin. It doesnt change that fate like the next person as long as its not (insert person already pulling sits here) the next pin will be rare. And yes I understand you never know what number fate decided BUT its the what if.

But there is no fate, thats just not how random gen works. There is no set number that fate will decide. every time someone clicks that button to pull from the stone it will just spin a number. and what im saying about other people being in other rooms is that you may think that youre the only one pulling from the stone at one point in time but there are 3. other rooms that people could be pulling from

Neda

On the other hand, it is a bit much to use 20+ SITS in a row when there are other people waiting to use it. Sure, if you have a few then yeah okay but if you have more than a lanyard full then why not take it to a different room where no one can bother you and you can take up as much time as you need? Just a thought.
I never really bother with the SITS though because It takes like an hour to get 5 and I always get ash. :pose:

I used fate because not everyone understands what an algorithm is. But yes that's literally exactly how it works. And not saying using 20+ is polite either, was just using it as an example.

Gallifreyan

The Slightly More Chosen One
I used fate because not everyone understands what an algorithm is. But yes that's literally exactly how it works. And not saying using 20+ is polite either, was just using it as an example.
Amy's quote: That is correct, the prize is decided by random odds that are set at the time you use each pin, the prize is not attached or predetermined by the pin in any way.

The quote says it's not predetermiend, the odds are set when u actually use the pin. So the algorithm doesn't decide on which turn there will be a prize. It's more like flipping a coin and seeing if you get heads or tails, that isn't decided beforehand, the odds are just really small for winning a prize.

At least that's how I interpreted.

Amy's quote: That is correct, the prize is decided by random odds that are set at the time you use each pin, the prize is not attached or predetermined by the pin in any way.

The quote says it's not predetermiend, the odds are set when u actually use the pin. So the algorithm doesn't decide on which turn there will be a prize. It's more like flipping a coin and seeing if you get heads or tails, that isn't decided beforehand, the odds are just really small for winning a prize.

At least that's how I interpreted.
Please look up coding and programing and what an algorithm is. Really not trying to be mean or rude but the algorithm is coded into the game and it tells the sits how to randomly generate the numbers. Its two whole different aspects. Im talking about in the coding for the game itself vs walking up in game and pulling.