Pod Experiments (UPDATED with Rarity Classifications)

VMK_Schweetz

Game Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Designer
MyVMK Staff
@VMK_Schweetz Sorry for so many questions, but can you also confirm that there is an experiment 319 (aka Spike) because the info was provided previously, but I have not yet seen it in game? :) thanks!
Aw, it's absolutely fine :halcyon:. I don't mind answering questions! :)
There is a Spike. He decided to escape from us when we added the first experiments but he should be in there now!

bizarrekitties

Usually found in a trade room or PotC game lobby
I also looked to see which experiments I have that are tradeable and nontradeable. Here's the info!

In order by their names:

Ace (262): tradeable
Angel (624): tradeable
Belle (248): tradeable
Clyde (150): tradeable
Finder (158) : tradeable
Glitch (223): tradeable
Nosey (199): tradeable
Sparky (221): tradeable

Divali (848): nontradeable

Jawbreaker (644): nontradeable
Phantasmo (375): nontradeable
Slushy (523): nontradeable
Snooty (277): nontradeable
Woops (600): nontradeable
I just got Clip (177) and Squeak (110) for the first time. Clip is tradeable, but Squeak is nontradeable.

Last edited:

I've been getting the same experiments over and over, Are there any tips or tricks you can suggest?

Ive been trying to discover a strategy, but i have been unsuccessful. One time I opened 200 at once, and merely got commons. Another time i opened 50 at once and got two semi-rares. Not sure if there is a direct strategy, but I found, at least for myself, that I receive more experiments (not regarding whether they are common or not) when I open roughly 20 at a time. Again, I think this is just something that I found happens for myself, and I dont want to generalize it to other people. Hope this helps :)

I just opened 1000 pods, and got 1 squeak, 1 clyde, and 1 angel. Rest were commons. When it first began I wouldn't pull any with just 20 pods (i was too impatient to wait first time lol) so I did them by 100s after and I pulled the top three winners between the first day or two and even 2-3 clydes and an angel. I even think Romeo was one of the first experiments I pulled and this was before we knew any rarities and I eventually got the rest of the commons because it was harder to get all of those (snooty was a pain lol). After the glitch I've been saving more pods in hopes to have better odds at the rest of the semi's, supers, and ultra before pulling and I can't even get all the semi-rares. Two nights ago I did over 700 before going to bed and got my first clyde, first squeak (around 200 pods in between each). I feel as though the odds have really changed since the weekend. Gantu has been taking more pods and ones I do pull are all commons apart from the ones I mentioned. Kinda glad we don't keep the empty crates because I know I've done close to 2000 since monday not including from the weekend and I wouldn't want to see that many in my inventory, it'd make me sad lol:um: Will keep podding though in hopes of getting one of the hat bundles, any pls :look: All-nighter Day #:faint:

Its unfortunate to see that the odds to getting super rares or even the hat has obviously changed. The past 3 days, I have opened roughly 1000 pods a day, and no super rares even less a single hat. Makes me sad to see that I have put over 12 hours of podding daily, no sleep all night to get commoners. I understand that is random, but when u spend 3 days doing the same and u get nothing, it takes all enthusiasm out of a person for continuing to try.

bizarrekitties

Usually found in a trade room or PotC game lobby
When we started noticing that we're not getting rares or super rares as much as we did at the beginning of this hunt, I thought it was reasonable. Lots of people play almost all day and/or every day for these pods *cough*me*cough*, so surely at least most of the rares (or all, maybe?) have been found by now. I think it's all in the numbers, the percentages, or whatever the correct term is. I also thought if there are people who were wondering why there were low amounts of super rares or rares found, maybe because those who found some, don't go on forums or doesn't like showing off their loot... so we would have no idea unless we know them in-game?

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
I just opened 1000 pods, and got 1 squeak, 1 clyde, and 1 angel. Rest were commons. When it first began I wouldn't pull any with just 20 pods (i was too impatient to wait first time lol) so I did them by 100s after and I pulled the top three winners between the first day or two and even 2-3 clydes and an angel. I even think Romeo was one of the first experiments I pulled and this was before we knew any rarities and I eventually got the rest of the commons because it was harder to get all of those (snooty was a pain lol). After the glitch I've been saving more pods in hopes to have better odds at the rest of the semi's, supers, and ultra before pulling and I can't even get all the semi-rares. Two nights ago I did over 700 before going to bed and got my first clyde, first squeak (around 200 pods in between each). I feel as though the odds have really changed since the weekend. Gantu has been taking more pods and ones I do pull are all commons apart from the ones I mentioned. Kinda glad we don't keep the empty crates because I know I've done close to 2000 since monday not including from the weekend and I wouldn't want to see that many in my inventory, it'd make me sad lol:um: Will keep podding though in hopes of getting one of the hat bundles, any pls :look: All-nighter Day #:faint:
Its unfortunate to see that the odds to getting super rares or even the hat has obviously changed. The past 3 days, I have opened roughly 1000 pods a day, and no super rares even less a single hat. Makes me sad to see that I have put over 12 hours of podding daily, no sleep all night to get commoners. I understand that is random, but when u spend 3 days doing the same and u get nothing, it takes all enthusiasm out of a person for continuing to try.
The odds have not been changed! We didn't want to make it too easy, as this event will last into next month. You'll have plenty of time to get more prizes! Although, we do think the odds for certain things, like the Aloha Hat are a bit much, and that is being changed slightly. :paw: :halcyon:

When we started noticing that we're not getting rares or super rares as much as we did at the beginning of this hunt, I thought it was reasonable. Lots of people play almost all day and/or every day for these pods *cough*me*cough*, so surely at least most of the rares (or all, maybe?) have been found by now. I think it's all in the numbers, the percentages, or whatever the correct term is. I also thought if there are people who were wondering why there were low amounts of super rares or rares found, maybe because those who found some, don't go on forums or doesn't like showing off their loot... so we would have no idea unless we know them in-game?
Yes, I agree with @bizarrekitties, I believe it is our perceptions of the odds changing, as well as the fact that we dont know exactly every time someone gets a rare, which is leading us to the conclusion that the staff altered the percentages. Also, ty @HOST_Nala for the confirmation :)