See you Later Alligator

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all members, staff, NPCs, clones etc: It is very hard for me to post this due to what's going to happen. I am going to quit MyVMK. This isn't an easy decision to make, but I have my whole life ahead of me and I can’t play an online game in an online world when I can just open up the door, step outside, breathe some fresh air, and live my life. I am going to be a senior in high school taking AP classes along with several college classes and I have the stress of applying to colleges and spending time with my family, friends, and community before I leave in one year.

I remember when I was walking into Magic Kingdom many years ago on a brisk and cool early November day in 2006 when I saw these little cartoon people in many different outfits such as scuba diving, pirate outfit, space outfit, etc etc and I was wondering what it was all about. I went inside and I was amazed at what I saw. It was a way I could experience the magic of the Disney Theme parks, from my computer at home. I was in awe. I always loved Disney and now I could bring the magic home and experience it until my next Disney vacation. I remember going on my first quests by finding out: Which rule AIN'T a part of his Code of the West?, How much is the Earth edition newspaper from the Robo-News boy, and many other in-park quest questions while picking up the well chair, animation viewer, thrill seeks room, and other cards throughout the park. I have always loved scavenger hunts and VMK quests was a scavenger hunt that took place at my favorite place in the world. I played VMK until around the closing in May 2008 and was heartbroken. It wasn’t until March 1st of this year that my sister called me into her room and she wanted me to see what she found by doing a quick Google search. MyVMK. I was in shock. Someone created my favorite childhood memory! I was eager to play and relive and unleash the magic once again. I didn’t want to actually play the game, I just wanted to remember all of the fun that I once had on here. I, instead, devoted my life to a game that could be shut down any moment and spent 8+ hours on here a day if I didn’t have to do anything else. It was terrible for all of my relationships in real life (parents, family, friends, school, etc) and it was becoming an addiction. I was battling other addictions as well, but this one was safe and fun and I enjoyed my time playing since it seemed harmless. I am so fortunate to have met many amazing players in the game and you know who you are. I am so happy that instead of just reliving memories, I made memories too, but the cost of what those memories came out cost me in end. Here is something I sent one of my good friends about playing the game:

“I just wanted to join for nostalgia. It became an addiction since I was feeling terrible about myself and I thought gaining items in a virtual game that don't mean anything in my real life would make me happier. And they sure did. But it was artificial happiness. I was spending every waking hour at the computer with horrible posture just to gain some pixelated items. I wasnt doing as well as I could on school assignments by cheating on homework and tests since I was playing vmk instead of studying or doing my homework. I missed out on a wedding proposal of two of my best friends because there was a host event and I wanted the current host prize instead of being there for one of their most important moments in their life. Instead of playing a board game with my sister who has a GI disease and one of my best friends that's going to be moving away I was getting waterslide pieces from the slide a thon.”

I want to thank @Amy @Grizzly and @Snow and all of the other people hidden and not hidden behind the scenes that make this game possible. Yes, it’s not perfect. But nobody is perfect. That is what makes us so great. Mistakes happen and they can’t live up to every promise that they make.

I am able to be on less than 2 hours a week so I’m hoping to slowly lessening my time when pirates month is ending and then come on every Friday or so to maybe get the new item. I will come on from time to time to relive the magic which was what I once wanted to do, but I have to control myself now. Two of my favorite parts of VMK were the quests and the Haunted Mansion game. Whenever they come out, I will hop back on and have some fun.

Finally, (and if you had enough time to read all of this, kudos to you) be nice to one another. There is a human behind that avatar that you see on your computer screen and their feelings can be hurt too. Some of my good friends were hurt by people on here and we are supposed to be a big Disney-loving family that takes care of each other. I’m a curious person and if I had an impact on you (good or bad), I ask you please PM me and let me know how I played a role in the game when you played it or whether there was something that I did or just a random memory that you have of me. i issue a challenge to everyone out there: help others out, give random items free to people, and focus on their strengths and not their flaws. I do have a couple more trades I have to get taken care of (finally getting that Jungle Cruise pin set!) and I will check the forums to see what’s going on in the community! I will also be at Magic Kindgom/Night of Joy on September 5th and Universal/Rock the Universe on September 6th and if anyone else is going it would be great to have a MyVMK meet up so PM me and we all could figure something out! My inbox is always open and I am always listening to anything you have to say and I love and am here for each and every one of you. Be yourself, rock on, and unleash the magic once again! God Bless each and every one of you and may you have a blessed life full of pixie dust.

Your friend,
Pecosace/Peco/Ace

AlsCabals

aww peco haha just kidding ace*
im gonna miss ya :( i did one of my first trades with you!
so sad to see you go, but i completely understand your decision.
vmk is something i use just to pass the time...
but with school coming, real life is far more important than this game could ever be.

good luck in all your future endeavors! :)

Kinglaser

Ace what no. What's it been, five years? Don't lost contact, like we did last time (when the Kingdom Keepers forum shut down)!

I'm actually really sad about this. We never really talked but you were so nice on the rare occasions that we did. And I remember you gave me a few furniture items for free when I needed them. <3 You're an awesome person and I wish you the best of luck in everything you may do! Thanks for being a part of the magic. ♥

Jinx

You Owe Me A Soda! :D
aw Pecosace! D:
I'm really sad that you'll be leaving, I'm really going to miss you!
We should keep contact on Skype c: I wish you the best of luck in school and life. (:

SnowWildEye

Disney Fanatic
Aww, so sad to see you go!
You were always incredibly kind and generous to me, and I don't think I can thank you enough for that.
Good luck with school! I hope everything goes well (:

To my best friend (:cry:),

Like I said when you sent me that message, the most important thing to me is that you're happy. It's time to take care of yourself for once. You were the first person I traded in game and the only person who didn't take advantage of the fact that I was new. We became instant friends. You have always been there for me - even on my worst days. I still remember the time you put a princess dress on and sang frozen, just to make me laugh (sorry, I had to!).

This game was made better by your presence. Your kindness and generosity will be missed, not only by me, but by every single person who has been lucky enough to know you. You will go far in life and succeed at everything you put your mind to.

I will miss you in game. I can't thank you enough for all you've done for me. The final tribute - Everything Purple. You are one of my biggest Lupus supporters and I am so thankful for you!!! (PS, I'm still bawling tbh :cry::blue:). Love you like a fat kid loves :cake:!!! :hearts::hug:

Myth

I'll miss you Peco :(
You were so friendly always and a real great person to talk to.
I'll definitely miss seeing you around.
Visit every now and then please!

I still owe you a bird hat! xD Don't worry I'll keep it safe for ya.

Take care of yourself okay? Work hard. I'm sure you'll do great.

By the way for some odd reason I have been reading your name wrong up until this time as Pesco...ace oop.

Feel free to join us again at any time on the forum or in game, and if you ever need any help let me know bud!

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
I'm sad to see you go peco...But best of luck in school and with future successes!

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Noooooo. I don't like it when people leave. :( But I'm glad you're doing what's best for you and I wish you the best of luck. See you on down the road. :hug:

S

Solar

Peco, it is very sad to see you go. However, I completely understand your reasons for leaving. If you ever decide to stop by we would all appreciate it <3.

Also... I really love that you said this... Could not agree more.

Finally, (and if you had enough time to read all of this, kudos to you) be nice to one another. There is a human behind that avatar that you see on your computer screen and their feelings can be hurt too.
I wish you the best of luck.

Miss

Finally, (and if you had enough time to read all of this, kudos to you) be nice to one another. There is a human behind that avatar that you see on your computer screen and their feelings can be hurt too. Some of my good friends were hurt by people on here and we are supposed to be a big Disney-loving family that takes care of each other.
This part seriously got to me. I can't stress how many times I have wanted to say this but I haven't had the courage, in fear, that I too, would be the one hurt on the other side of the screen. Though I am no saint, it is sad that there are very popular members on this game who have made me feel less than nothing in game, through skype or on the forums.
I do not know you, and I do not know if we have had any encounters, but I want you to know that what you just said above makes me have so much respect for you. You are a kind soul and if you wish to return, I will be here with open arms.
I only have one piece of advice: live your life, just don't forget about the kind people you've met on here. I learned that at a late time, but I wouldn't trade my friends for the entire world. Keep in touch with them. It's the thing I wish I could tell all people who leave; to not leave the people they care about behind.

Best wishes. You have certainly made an impact on me, and this is the first encounter.

-Miss/Jenna

Alamar

Ace, cri omg. BEST OF LUCK OKAY! Have a fantastic senior year, I know how stressful it can be but I have no doubt that you will be able to pull through it! Manage your time wisely and have tons of fun too! You have my skype so don't be afraid to keep in touch. (:

Status
Not open for further replies.