Update about POTC and Green Crates

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is totally understandable, In real life does come first and honestly I rather wait for it to be just right instead of having it glitched/screwed up! Thank you for your hard work Amy. <3

Blackstock

don't you fret, my dear
why do u say tht when u liked most of the mean posts ._____________.""
More so because I found them humorous. I got more of a chuckle out of them. Though my honest opinion is she could take as much time as she needs to with PotC. I really don't care how long it takes for her to release them, so long as she manages to do so with the game being created to the best of her ability.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
No worries Amy. We've waited before and we can certainly wait now. Nobody is dying. It IS just a game after all and even if you released it now, people would just complain about the game being unstable because of the release. :'D People are acting as if the game is fine and dandy and you're unfairly holding back its release. Those are the people who:

- have no experience or knowledge of coding/whatever magic you do
- are immature
- are ignorant
- are immature

....and are immature.

For the people complaining about this....don't hit your butt on the way out!!!

I rushed to eat my butternut squash ravioli to play pirates. Now I regret it, could have savored its deliciousness for a little bit longer but now it's all gone :eee:

Anyway I understand the delay and also the upset over the short notice. 5 more days isn't bad, though. I was a little taken aback when I was about to log in excited to play again and had to give the counter a second glance to not make sure I didn't just hallucinate seeing 5 more days. Hopefully this is the last delay!

No worries Amy. We've waited before and we can certainly wait now. Nobody is dying. It IS just a game after all and even if you released it now, people would just complain about the game being unstable because of the release. :'D People are acting as if the game is fine and dandy and you're unfairly holding back its release. Those are the people who:

- have no experience or knowledge of coding/whatever magic you do
- are immature
- are ignorant
- are immature

....and are immature.

For the people complaining about this....don't hit your butt on the way out!!!

Oreo i love you[DOUBLEPOST=1407817580][/DOUBLEPOST]
I rushed to eat my butternut squash ravioli to play pirates. Now I regret it, could have savored its deliciousness for a little bit longer but now it's all gone :eee:

Anyway I understand the delay and also the upset over the short notice. 5 more days isn't bad, though. I was a little taken aback when I was about to log in excited to play again and had to give the counter a second glance to not make sure I didn't just hallucinate seeing 5 more days. Hopefully this is the last delay!
That butternut squash ravioli though

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.

Yeah. I'm not upset over the delay, i'm upset because it was not announced until 15 minutes before release? Really, if you are not done with something like this (This is coming from my personal experience with coding) hours before a deadline, you're not going to be as ready as you'd like to be at the deadline. Instead of letting everyone get all excited (again), they should have extended the deadline earlier in the day.

Also, i feel like deadlines are kind of losing their meaning, hopefully this is the last one.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Yeah. I'm not upset over the delay, i'm upset because it was not announced until 15 minutes before release? Really, if you are not done with something like this (This is coming from my personal experience with coding) hours before a deadline, you're not going to be as ready as you'd like to be at the deadline. Instead of letting everyone get all excited (again), they should have extended the deadline earlier in the day.

Also, i feel like deadlines are kind of losing their meaning, hopefully this is the last one.
Having coded some things myself, I have to disagree. Sometimes there's a problem you think you've solved that would make the game/whatever project you're working on able to be released. However, at the last minute you realize what you thought would work, didn't and you're stuck with pushing back the release date. It's happened before and always will. Amy announcing the delay at the last minute doesn't say anything but she worked hard until the last possible moment.

Why is everybody acting like they're being wrongly deprived of something my god.

Also what I said, we have no idea as to wht caused the delay it could of been a coding she was trying to do at last minute to fix it and it messed up and she could of been like 'o ******** i won't be able to release it' at the last moment, it could of been working fine and she thought itd be ready and then realized a big problem right before it. This is why we shouldn't be mad at her posting a delay because we have no clue of what actually happened.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
Please don't mistake my posts as me being ungrateful towards Amy. I am thankful for everything she has done and continues to do to bring VMK back to us. If she is not going to release it until she is satisfied with it, all im saying is that she should not give us a release date, and instead tell us it will be ready when it's ready.

Jasmine

Honestly, I don't think most people are upset the game was delayed again. They're more upset with the fact that release dates keep being given. I think we all agree that if Amy can't get it done in time, then she should take as long as she needs for the game to work correctly, right? I mean, for those that remember, they wouldn't even set an official opening date for this game, just because they didn't want to disappoint people. People are going to be disappointed. It's a human emotion (and the staff are obviously aware of that), so I don't get why so many people come on here and act like they don't care when promises aren't kept. It's okay to care. You're just being human if you do. Now it's NOT okay to bash on anyone for NOT meeting a deadline (heck, we're all human), but then again, I haven't seen that happen. I also haven't read all of the posts either though.

But yeah, back to my question:
I think we all agree that if Amy can't get it done in time, then she should take as long as she needs for the game to work correctly, right?
Okay, that's all the previous posts have been saying when they're asking for the timer to be gone. That's it. The post may not be worded the way you like it, but oh well. That's all they're saying.

Like I said before, Amy, take as much time as you need. :hat:

I made a thread that included all of the following but it got buried. It's about the way these countdown setbacks are being handled, with new releases being made available in a very panic-like manner, almost trying to pity the community so they'll quiet down and stop complaining:

You know what I'm talking about. Don't even bother trying to deny the fact that every time a deadline is missed, you toss out an item people are looking forward to. You pity the entire community because you can't deliver what ultimately every single player is desiring. Our hopes are strung on the weakest of strings and just slashed in half like the weakest of spiderwebs.

I wouldn't be making this if the entirety of the game wasn't dependent on the release of Pirates, but let's be real here. Take the community and imagine how many people would truly be here at this point if Pirates had no intention of being released. The entire game's success at this point is literally and entirely dependent upon this release.

Yeah, we all realize things happen and deadlines aren't met. But this is the second time this month this has happened. People claim to understand, but as always, let's be real and realize these people are just kissing up for who knows what. What really grinds my gears and the overall point I'm trying to get at right now is how this is the second time that something is going to be released out of pure panic and pity.

First the bird hat, and now green crates. This is Pirates month, not release-things-out-of-no-where-to-keep-the-community-happy-and-make-them-feel-good-about-themselves-month. Fess up to your mistakes, deal with them accordingly. If people don't understand, that's their own problem. But DO NOT keep lifting up the hopes of an ENTIRE COMMUNITY like it's absolutely nothing.

But, what can I say. Expected.

Edit: Also, please realize what releasing green keys into the sword does. For the next three days the game will consist of people signing in on at least two accounts and riding the rides. Is that really what this game should consist of?

Does anyone remember that thread from ovmk where 20+ people sat on the thread commenting, waiting for the game to open??
It had to have been 3am est when the thread was closed.
HOLY COW that was good
"I'm typing this with one hand. The other hand is keeping my head off the desk"

Arnold

Is actually Superman
I 100% with the community being in a uproar. This is the SECOND delay where we were promised Pirates and it was not delivered. I understand unexpected things do come up and cause delays to occur, BUT if for any reason you see this interfering with the second announced release date don't tell us 15 minutes before the countdown hits zero. I highly doubt this unexpected delay just magically popped up today, if you knew you weren't going to be able to fix out the first issues within a week why did you post another countdown indicating a supposed release date again? Now you have a community outraged and you try to shut us up with the release of Green Crates. I don't want to hear people trying to justify her actions because the game needs time to be perfect. If you aren't going to have the game ready by so and so day , then don't promise us an alleged release date and last minute tell us something went wrong. You are in a high position and people expect you to deliver things you promise. Don't make promises you can't keep then get upset when people start flipping out. You signed onto a important role, if you handle that role get help with the game you have testers for a reason and if not this game won't survive very long. Because what's a game with no players?

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I think if Amy could give better communication update then a lot of this disappointment would have been less. For example an update of

Well I have this working well but I am having trouble at this task. It is not working as planned. I am going to keep at it and make the deadline to the best of my abilities.

With just that post people would be aware that not all things were working smoothly and so if the game does not launch so many more would have been prepared for some disappointment. Amy is just one person this is a huge task. So I am not surprised complications arise that were unexpected.

More communications equals less frustrated people. Means less stress on Amy. Win Win for all. I know Amy is probably just as discouraged with the delay. The last thing she wants is for people to be upset.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.