Update about POTC and Green Crates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exuberance

Amy, you are amazing. We are so grateful to have you.

Along with Littlebelle's suggestion, I think it would be a good idea to hide the countdown timer. That way, there is less stress for you to complete Pirates by a certain date, and players will be happy to know it's on its way "this month."

"X more days" and "in August" are both better than "soon." But "X more days" is worse than "soon" if the days go up instead of down. :(

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I actually do not mine the counter it does add to the excitement. Just see it as a possibility. With added communication it just lets people know there might be more time added to it. I never saw it as a firm commitment. I saw it as more here's hoping. If it was a a team of coders being paid I would expect it to be correct. This is one person who is volunteering her time. My expectations are not as high I guess. I can not even begin to imagine how much coding this game takes. Disney had a full team.

pumpken.

We're just disappointed because our hopes were up. It's not good to hide how you really feel inside. :hug:

(snipped for space- a long line of super cute MyVMKers waiting in front of Pirates entrance)

Need I say more?
Yes this is disappointing. Yes, there may be other emotions that appear too like anger, sadness, etc. Yes, you may be feeling like,"Omg, not another delaaaay! Grrrrrr!)

You know what? Emotions pass through if you let them. Really, they do pass shortly after feeling them if you. . . .

(A) Privately recognize the emotion. (Hello Disappointment. . .) :(

(B) Take a few deep, slow breaths through your nose and exhale through your mouth (I breathe therefore I am) :whistle:

(C) Notice how you are feeling now in your psyche and your body. (Hmmm, I am not feeling X anymore. I feel this way now. Oww my shoulders ache- let's stretch) :) Ooohh :cake:

Rinse. Repeat until you feel calm, or at least better or perhaps just changed. :)

Then move on to the next feeling, activity, or :cake:.

This has been a public service announcement. That is all. :)

Yes this is disappointing. Yes, there may be other emotions that appear too like anger, sadness, etc. Yes, you may be feeling like,"Omg, not another delaaaay! Grrrrrr!)

You know what? Emotions pass through if you let them. Really, they do pass shortly after feeling them if you. . . .

(B) Take a few deep, slow breaths through your nose and exhale through your mouth (I breathe therefore I am) :whistle:

(C) Notice how you are feeling now in your psyche and your body. (Hmmm, I am not feeling X anymore. I feel this way now. Oww my shoulders ache- let's stretch) :) Ooohh :cake:

Rinse. Repeat until you feel calm, or at least better or perhaps just changed. :)

I appreciate this post. Thank you for validating people's emotions and trying to help redirect them. You introduced an essential coping mechanism for people who may let emotions get the best of them. Great job [emoji173] [emoji122]

Hi dears,
I'm not going to say that you're wrong in your opinions, since you are not. We completely understand that being given a date and not living up to it, to say the least, is very disheartening. Amy did try her absolute best but she is one person doing this. As for those that are angry we did not give more a notice, we tried, we really did. It was not something we wanted to withhold till last minute but unfortunately, we could not get the announcement out sooner. I know that I can say, we all apologize for this delay but we hope to bring you the pirates you love and remember. Please know that we are trying our absolute best to do what we can for all of you <3

-Snow

Hi dears,
I'm not going to say that you're wrong in your opinions, since you are not. We completely understand that being given a date and not living up to it, to say the least, is very disheartening. Amy did try her absolute best but she is one person doing this. As for those that are angry we did not give more a notice, we tried, we really did. It was not something we wanted to withhold till last minute but unfortunately, we could not get the announcement out sooner. I know that I can say, we all apologize for this delay but we hope to bring you the pirates you love and remember. Please know that we are trying our absolute best to do what we can for all of you <3

-Snow
Crates?

I'm okay with this considering I can't play until the 27th. At least the mini game is coming, though. That's all that matters whether it comes out next week or in a month.

Just a quick reminder: you are allowed to be disappointed. However, you are not allowed to curse, spam, or flame while expressing that disappointment. Please keep that in mind before you post.

That aside, I have never been a fan of countdowns/ deadlines because of two words: life happens. Life doesn't care about deadlines, promises, disappointment etc. From Amy's last post, it looks like she is going through some major life changes (moving). I hope that she takes care of herself before she worries about giving us pirates. All of us will face greater disappointments in our lives...just think of of how awesome pirates will be when we get to play! I would also prefer a solid/tested version of pirates first. If she released an inferior game, I'm sure the push back and disappointment would be greater.

Navii

Just a quick reminder: you are allowed to be disappointed. However, you are not allowed to curse, spam, or flame while expressing that disappointment. Please keep that in mind before you post.

That aside, I have never been a fan of countdowns/ deadlines because of two words: life happens. Life doesn't care about deadlines, promises, disappointment etc. From Amy's last post, it looks like she is going through some major life changes (moving). I hope that she takes care of herself before she worries about giving us pirates. All of us will face greater disappointments in our lives...just think of of how awesome pirates will be when we get to play! I would also prefer a solid/tested version of pirates first. If she released an inferior game, I'm sure the push back and disappointment would be greater.
Well said Curlee! Good things come to those who wait.

Evillyn

I am so glad you are here, Amy. Without you we would have no myVMK. And all the nice surprises you gave us last night and today are a very nice bonus. Keep up the good work :)

Jinx

You Owe Me A Soda! :D
Hi there Amy(:
I just want to say that pushing it back a few days is no problem at all, ( phew i'll be home just in time for release xD ) we all know you are going through a tough time in your life and I hope everything is going well so far. I honestly can't believe how close you are to finishing POTC, I mean I can't even remember my name in the morning let alone re crate a whole game LOL.
I do agree with the countdown being taken off the homepage because like @CurleeQ said, life happens and we know its still in development and you want to make it the best it can be!(: maybe saying around the end of the month would be a better estimate c: And remember guys, Amy is one person and one person only working onPOTC, and look around and remember she has already done so much bringing back the game we love(: it's truly amazing, thank you :)

You guys do realize that without Amy and the other creators we wouldn't have a VMK to begin with right? Reading through some of these posts and reading the harsh negativity is so unnerving..don't take out your frustration on the people who are trying to give you what you want in the first place. I understand you're frustrated, I understand you wish you would have been given an earlier notice (although I'm sure some of you would STILL ********** and complain about the extension) but come on guys, really? Be grateful for everything you have RIGHT NOW, like life it's all you can really bank on.

In other news, I just saw Guardians of the Galaxy and it was glorious.

oh, and I agree with some ppl, if its not truly fixed, just don't have a countdown until you're almost entirely sure that you are satisfied with your own work.

ty for working hard, tho.
I AM GROOT.[DOUBLEPOST=1407855955][/DOUBLEPOST]

ROFL

I hope my post was not taken the wrong way.

I stand by what I said about the countdown being removed.
How long exactly has Amy been working on this game, along with how many other things?

IMO, I think it should be removed and we should just go off of updates for the time being. I would rather wait indefinitely for a perfected game, than one she rushed through to calm people down and satiate the crowds.

@Amy - Give yourself time to work through what you're dealing with as far as irl, and get back to where you need to be to be able to do this to the best of your ability. Open ended promises are much worse than a few members claiming they're leaving because you pushed it back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.