What's YOUR Major?

I plan to go for Forensics & Investigative Sciences for either chemistry or biology (I'm not sure yet lol ). I am also thinking about minoring in Psychology as well :)

acebatonfan

Nursing. I already had my first simulation lab experience last semester (and will most likely be doing so many labs the next year and a half that I'll be living in my major's building). The school also offers a master's program, so I'm debating whether I want to go back, earn that degree, and apply for a nurse practitioner's license (I'm already planning on getting my certified diabetes educator license once I qualify to take the exam).

My major is Nedology with a concentration in bagging that one and a N4N certification.................................................................. annnndddddddddddddddd elementary education ;D

Jasmine

Idk if this counts because I haven't started school yet but i'm going into marine science and graphic design next fall. (already gotten into 7 or 8 schools that have both so it's pretty set in stone no matter where I go)
Interesting combination. I'd advise you to go ahead and check with the schools you've been accepted to that they would allow such a combination though. A lot of schools only allow double majoring when the majors lead to the same degree type and I don't think these two majors would at most schools. And if the schools wouldn't allow it, you'll have to ask them about their requirements for double/dual degrees, as this generally requires more than the minimum 120 credits you need to graduate.

Your choice also sounds pretty difficult to complete in four years because the majors won't have any overlapping courses. I'd intended on doing a combination similar to you, but I've since had to change my plans because I don't want to be in school year round. Good luck though~

Myth

Interesting combination. I'd advise you to go ahead and check with the schools you've been accepted to that they would allow such a combination though. A lot of schools only allow double majoring when the majors lead to the same degree type and I don't think these two majors would at most schools. And if the schools wouldn't allow it, you'll have to ask them about their requirements for double/dual degrees, as this generally requires more than the minimum 120 credits you need to graduate.

Your choice also sounds pretty difficult to complete in four years because the majors won't have any overlapping courses. I'd intended on doing a combination similar to you, but I've since had to change my plans because I don't want to be in school year round. Good luck though~
I was planning on minoring in graphic design and majoring in marine science :)
and my top college lists them both in the college of arts and sciences so maybe it'll be easier to do both. I don't really mind graduating in 5 years if I had to (if I decide to major in both).

missace

The deeper you go, the weirder life gets.
and my top college lists them both in the college of arts and sciences so maybe it'll be easier to do both. I don't really mind graduating in 5 years if I had to (if I decide to major in both).
The college I'm attending allows double majors so just check with an advisor when you attend your school about credit hours. And I am a double major and will be graduating on time. It's a lot of work but totally worth it :) Have fun!

joetheman

I am going to college next year, but I am planning on majoring in Computer Sciences with a focus in Game Design/ Development, also considering the possibility of double majoring in Computer Engineering as well, but I haven't decided if I want to do that yet.

-Lex-

Cat lady, and slightly awkward bartender.
I went to bartending school and completed that.
But now I'm trying to go to school for Cosmetology :)

Jasmine

Oh it okay your post sounded like you wanted to double major in it xD

I was originally planning on triple majoring and graduating in 5 years (and I still might if I can), so I totally agree with that. That fifth year would probably make it easier for you to complete the double major too. If any classes overlap, you might even be able to do it in 4 or 4.5, but most probably won't. :(