Where did you stay?

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member
Disneyland:
Grand Californian (Stayed there for an event yet I live about a hour away :P)

Walt Disney World (Trip 1):
Contemporary
Pop century

(Trip 2):
Art of Animation
Beach club
Port Orleans riverside

Disney cruise line:
Dream

I'm from Orlando, so I've had little need to stay in a resort. I've been to them for dinner and such, and stayed at the All-Star once.. Also, I've been to several hotel's in the area, but not always because I was going to Disney.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
Disneyland:
Usually daytripped down
Paradise Pier (2 nights, lived 1 1/2 away at the time, 2010)
Embassy Suites Anaheim (Back after moving, 2011)
Fairfield Inn (right across street, 2012)

WDW:
Holiday Inn (Now Nickelodeon Resort, 2001)
Coronado Springs (2003, 2013)

philitup

The Internet Champion!
All-Star Sports Resort

Art of Animation Resort

Pop Century Resort

Caribbean Beach Resort

Coronado Springs Resort

Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter

BoardWalk Inn

I honestly don't have a problem with any of them, Disney does a very good job at keeping up with all of their resorts whether it's a deluxe or a value.

WDW:
Holiday Inn (Now Nickelodeon Resort, 2001)
Hey, I stayed there a night (Disney room!) during my first trip in 2003. :D It. was. great.

---

Over the last decade, I've stayed at every resort except Port Orleans Riverside, Swan/Dolphin, and the new DVC villas at GF. I'm happy to answer questions!

Animal Kingdom Lodge has always been my #1 favorite. I had the amazing opportunity to stay in a villa for nearly a month and it was incredible being able to see the animals every day! :giraffe: The atmosphere, artwork, food, smells, and pool are all wonderful. It's my top recommendation for deluxe resorts! Eat there at the very least. :p

Favorite:

1. AKL
2. Beach Club (great at Christmas - love the easy access to Epcot)
3. Art of Animation (Cars area, Nemo rooms)
4. French Quarter
5. Bay Lake Tower

Least favorite:

1. Coronado
2. Yacht Club (Beach is much better)
3. Saratoga Springs
4. BoardWalk (just the service/rooms)
5. All-Star

---

I've also stayed at Grand Californian and didn't find the experience "grand" at all. I was NOT happy with it.

i've only ever been to disneyland, so if we decide to stay in a disney hotel - it's usually grand californian, but if we don't, it's usually the hyatt nearby.

Too many to count...WDW
New Orleans Square (Riverside & French Quarter), Boardwalk Hotel, Pop Central, Disney All-Stars Resort, Coronado Springs. Least those were the places I remember. Never been to DL.
Btw, whoever went to the Contemporary Hotel, what is it like?

I have been to WDW more than 20 times and I believe that I've stayed at every DVC villa, but here are the WDW hotels I've stayed at:

DVC-
Saratoga Springs
Old Key West
Bay Lake Tower
Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House
Boardwalk Villas
Beach Club Villas
Wilderness Lodge Villas

Non-DVC-
Port Orleans French Quarter
Port Orleans Riverside
Pop Century

I have also been to Disneyland once and we stayed at Paradise Pier.

iamabigdisfan

First time I stayed on property was when the Wilderness Lodge opened, was there for their grand opening celebration!!!! That was my home away from home. Things changed and started staying at All Star Music. When Art of Animation opened I decided to stay at the Finding Nemo suite. Well, love that place!!!! That's where I will stay from now on!!!!

joetheman

I've stayed at the Polynesian twice , and loved it both times! That atmosphere is so awesome there! I've also stayed at one of the Port Orleans resorts, also a very awesome place with very nice scenery!

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
In WDW:

-Port Orleans Resort
-The Boardwalk
-Polynesian

The Port Orleans was okay, the walls were so thin you could hear someone flushing a toilet in the next room over. :sick: The buses were were always crowded, like if you absolutely needed to get on you were stuck with a cramped standing room. :rage: The boats were an option, they weren't as crowded. I stayed there in 2008, so I don't know if this is changed, but their buses aren't always dependable. I had been stuck in Pleasure Island in Downtown Disney with forty other people at the bus loading station til midnight, luckily another bus came and took us back. :rage:

The Boardwalk was very excellent, especially for being a deluxe resort. It's very elegant and retro 1920's. You could literally walk to Epcot and go through the back entrance, which was a plus. The boats were also an option, if you're not much of a walker or the heat is too intense. The pool is very large, but I don't have much to say about it.

I recently stayed at the Polynesian as a club member this past summer, and that was a nice experience. Obviously it emulates the French Polynesia. The monorail is a huge advantage instead of taking the bus. :yay: As a club member you're given free breakfast, lunch and aldurves. And in your room when you first check in you get a little box of four large pieces of chocolate with your family name on an envelope with card inside. :love: The pool is somewhat small, and the deepest it goes to is 4 feet, which sucked. When the sun sets, the cast members light up the fire pit on the beach and hand out sticks and marshmallows and you can roast marshmallows. :) The motor boat is an option instead of the monorail to MK. It only stops at the Grand Floridian.

Last edited:
I haven't stayed there in a few years but I really enjoyed it each time I did. It has this super modern feel, and if you're in the main building facing the park, the view is incredible. It's really convenient to have the monorail right there and be able to hop on and head over to MK or Epcot (or walk to MK if you'd prefer) - and the thrill of seeing the monorail run through the building never wears off when you're entertained by those things the way I am haha. I'm a fan of the shops there as well. (: Chef Mickey's is really cute if you're into the character dining, and the staff have always been really kind to us which does have a big impact on the stay. (:

A friend of mine recently stayed in their new-ish DVC building and really liked it as well, so there's that. (:
Luckyyy, lol I'll one day go to the the Contemporary hotel to get that paradise feeling. :)

citrus-swirl

Little Orange Bird
Aside from the motel we stayed at during my first trip in '98 (omg I'm old), I've stayed at

-All Star Movies
-All Star Sports
-Pop Century
-Coronado Springs
-Port Orleans French Quarter
-Port Orleans Riverside (also in the new renovated Royal Rooms!)
-Animal Kingdom Lodge
-Wilderness Lodge

I think going and exploring resorts is a vastly underrated pastime. Even if you aren't staying at a certain resort, it's really fun to check out the property, maybe grab a bite at one of the restaurants, and just hang out (especially during certain holidays, when there may be cool and festive displays out!)