Where did you stay?

LadyMagic

I've only stayed in the moderate resorts, both Caribbeans and Port Orleans French Quarter. Both are great, but I adore French Quarter. It's much less crowded and cute and I don't know why I just love it.

I stayed at pop century since my family couldn't get a hotel off property. We loved the resort since it had the disney magic but wasn't in the parks! We loved the pin trading event too!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Katharine

The last time I went to WDW (2006 I was 10 at the time) and my family and I stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

The entire hotel and atmosphere was incredible - I think that we dined once in the hotel and the food was decent.

I'm super pumped that my family and I are going to WDW this summer (for the first time in 8 years) - we are staying at the Hilton because of it's location right across from Downtown Disney. I have a feeling that my parents will book a dinner at the Animal Kingdom Lodge because of the impeccable atmosphere and interesting landscape... If you haven't been to/seen the lodge before - I would highly suggest it.

Sophia

I've sadly only gone to WDW once when I was 9 or 10. I stayed at the Disney Polynesian Resort.
It was amazing. The pool had a giant volcano slide and they had a cool luau too.
I'm going back this year so I plan to stay there again!
5/5 imo.

As for Disneyland, I've gone a million times probably lol and I've stayed at the Grand Californian Hotel once even though I live like 30 minutes away xD

Last edited:
i've stayed at pop century, animal kingdom lodge, all star, wilderness lodge, Caribbean beach & port orleans for WDW - i live in orlando so there really isn't much point in me staying out there much -

or disneyland just disneyland hotel because it's so great, I was going to stay at the grand californian when i'm there in June but suckered into DLH

For WDW, we used to always go to the Holiday Inn @ Downtown Disney before it got changed. After that, we stayed at the Grosvenor, which was not too bad. The past three times, however, we stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, which is fantastic. Was always amusing getting there because my hubby managed to somehow get us lost and always went to the villas by accident. :giggle:
I'd love to stay at the Boardwalk or Port Orleans next time we go.

As for Disneyland, we have stayed at Sheraton Anaheim. I always remember it being fancy. :P

i've stayed at all the resorts in disney before :o

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
I stayed at Pop Century(3), Art Of Animation(2), All Star Sports(7), All Star Movies(4), All Star Music(4), Contemporary(1), Animals Kingdom Lodge(1), Yacht Club(1).

Numbers represent frequency

my family went to WDW four times when i was really young, and every time we either stayed at All Star Movies or All Star Music. we went again when i was in seventh grade and stayed at the Dolphin and we saw a spaceship launch from the walkway outside one night :D

i've been to disneyland three times in the past few years and we've just stayed at the local holiday inn :)

Rhyth

Socially Awkward Artist
First time I went to WDW we rented a 6 or 7 bedroom (can't remember, it was years ago) house offsite with a pool and game room. It was really cool and was about 15mins away from the parks.

The second time I stayed at a rented offsite condo with my friend and her family.

This coming trip in November we were originally gonna stay at Art of Animation, but we upgraded to an Animal Kindom Villa.

i've stayed at some of different hotels/resorts at WDW. but for DL, i've only been there a couple times and dont really keep up with what goes on over there. i don't live in florida, so whenever i visit WDW i try to stay at a different hotel. i go with my parents, who are a bit older now, so our enjoyment isn't all at the parks anymore. we actually really love the hotels/resorts, too. here's the places i've stayed, in no particular order.

boardwalk- awesome atmosphere. always stuff to do (on the boardwalk) and it's walking distance to epcot along with ferry boats to it and hollywood studios. great restaurants close by and it's nice being next to the water :) reservations for this place fill up pretty quick though. but it's worth it for the location and atmosphere. fun night life too, if you're old enough hehe.

beach club- similar to boardwalk, just a bit further away from the fun (down boardwalk). but comes with the same amenities and is still close to epcot and hollywood studios. nice pool =) i really love the beaches and cream soda shop. i have some great memories there with my mom lol when i was really little. but they have yummy dessert classics, which are my favorite...try the kitchen sink. which is a dessert sundae...for 4! lol

:halcyon:wilderness lodge - probably my favorite resort. it has a wonderful outdoors environment. i live in the city, and dont have the chance to camp as often as id like. although i'm not camping at the wilderness lodge, it still has the vibe that i enjoy. additionally, it has two awesome restaurants. artist point (pricey, lol, but fancy n delicious) and whispering canyon...which is...well an experience you must have while at WDW. i would advise going for lunch or dinner. it tends to get real CRAY durin the mornings cuz witto kids haha.

all star sports- a fun place :) it's so colorful... you know you're in WDW when you're in this place. i had some great times with my friends here. it's not always about where you stay... but the people you stay with. food is really easy at this place, quick service/cafeteria style kinda food court. rooms are smallish, but definitely good for the wallet. if you're gonna be at the parks from opening til closing, welp, this is the best place to stay!

old key west & saratoga springs - both have similar vibes. they're kinda far away from the parks, but both are really peaceful and relaxing. i enjoy going to these resorts because theyre really quiet. im from the city, so it makes a big difference to me when you cant hear any noise. it's amazing. the main transportation is through the bus. and disney does a good job of their shuttle transportation. you never have to wait toooo long... even though it always seems like your bus is always the last one to come haha. theres pretty much always rooms open at old key west and saratoga springs, just fyi. it's not as busy as the other ones, and that's why i like em.

contemporary- love this place. and chef mickey's of course. its a character dining buffet. gets really busy for breakfast with kiddo families. but i do love the atmosphere (which is something i'll say about all of the WDW hotels haha) ...but obviously the best part about staying here is the monorail! so convenient. it cuts travel time in half from the parks, and you'd be surprised how big of a difference it makes, and flexibility with actually using your park hopper (if you choose that option). i loved it when i stayed here. theres a bunch of really nice lounges n quickish places to eat also.

also, for anybody who is going to spend da cash to stay at WDW, you may as well get on the dining plan too. it'll be worth it!!!! everytime i go, im always on the dining plan, and it's a great value, considering how much money one would spend on meals without the plan. with the dining plan, you can dine in fancy restaurants and probably get to experience nice places that other ppl wouldn't necessarily go to bc they don't think they can afford it. just a note though, the dining plan is only for ppl who stay in the resort. apparently theres a deal right now going on thru august 8. free dining plan when you book 6/7 day stay at WDW. lol i should work for disney.... https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/resort-stay-dining/

anyway! lol you pretty much cant go wrong with any of the hotels/resorts. they're all good haha. it mostly just depends on what your budget is. but really tho.... get on the dining plan!!! that would be my #1 piece of advice!

SnowWildEye

Disney Fanatic
I've been to WDW 3 times, and I'm going for the 4th time in July. The first time I went we just spent a day at Magic Kingdom while we were staying at the beach just an hour or so away. The second time we did the same thing, but we went to Epcot. Last year was the first time I went for longer than a day (5 days) and we stayed at Old Key West with my Uncle, his kids, and my grandparents. This time it's just going to be me and my family staying in Port Orleans Riverside while my Uncle stays at Old Key West again :)

Kay.D

sorry guys.
First time i stayed at the French Quarters. it was so nice and so fancy. Second time i stayed at the All Star Movies Resort, which was nice.

I definitely agree w/Citrus swirl--go visit the different hotels if you have time. Especially if you have the park hopper option, you can make restaurant reservations at the different hotels/resorts. If anybody appreciates great design and architectures... welp, I would suggest visiting the different resorts :) Yeeeees.