Where did you stay?

AlphaTheEdge

My first time, that i remember, we stayed in the fort wilderness cabins. Talk about AMAZING. the atmosphere there is amazing. So much fun stuff to do and it can be isolated! I have stayed at port orleans, which has a cool pool, and it close to Downtown Disney, (by boat!!!), but overall wasnt suited for kids in my opinion. I did stay at carribbean beach and it was themed well, very fun, and very disney. All star sports is now our go too. It is cheap and has all the amenities one needs! All of these are WDW :)

Once we stayed at the Boardwalk. I felt like the experience was great and walking distance to EPCOT was a big plus. On all of the other visits, we've stayed off-site at some nice places. These were usually across from Downtown Disney.

Of all the resorts I've visited, I'd like to stay at the Polynesian most of all. Maybe someday!

Heidi

I've been to WDW quite a few times, and we usually stay off-site at a condo because my sister and I like to have our own bedroom/bathroom.
Last summer, we brought our RV and stayed at the Fort Wilderness campground. It was really nice, I just prefer a hotel/condo to an RV (I know that sounds incredibly spoiled, but it's true). The campground was convenient though, and we decorated our golf cart like Minnie Mouse so we were a huge hit. It was pretty nice to have our dogs with us, too.
We've also stayed at Pop Century and All-Star Sports. I don't really like the resorts on property... You can get better quality 5 minutes from the park gates.

well the closest disney to me is the disneyland paris and last time i stayed i stayed at the resort directly inside the park! the beautiful pink one :D
the view outside your window is basically the park since in order to enter you have to use the side entrances and what was cool was that at night you could see the fireworks and just see main street illuminated from above in your room, it was sooo cool!!

and riiiight behind is the park:)

I been to WDW many times, and I stayed at a few onsite hotels over the years.
All-Star Music 2003, There are more trips before that ,but they were on off site property.
Swan and Dolphin(my favorite although it is technically not Disney owned),Port Orleans Riverside, Coronado Springs 2007
Pop Century 2010
Port Orleans Riverside July 2014 The royal guest rooms were neat, I hated all the walking. I had surgery twice on my left foot in less than a year. Good thing my brother requested the first floor. I don't plan on staying at a moderate resort unless there is transportation from the lobby to the room...
I want to stay at the Contemporary Resort or AKL next trip.

Last edited:

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
I been to WDW many times, and I stayed at a few onsite hotels over the years.
All-Star Music 2003, There are more trips before that ,but they were on off site property.
Swan and Dolphin(my favorite although it is technically not Disney owned),Port Orleans Riverside, Coronado Springs 2007
Pop Century 2010
Port Orleans Riverside July 2014 The royal guest rooms were neat, I hated all the walking. I had surgery twice on my left foot in less than a year. Good thing my brother requested the first floor. I don't plan on staying at a moderate resort unless there is transportation from the lobby to the room...
I want to stay at the Contemporary Resort or AKL next trip.
Ive stayed at both now, and i think they both have their ups and downs. Contemporary is closest to all the parks, and has a beautiful view of the park at night with the fireworks and such if you are on the proper side. But AKL ( my favorite ) has ANIMALS outside your balcony! And i love that they hire actual african safari people to converse and teach the guests about african culture and the ways of the safari. At night, you can go to the pool area and use their night vision goggles and watch the animals in the dark, which was a lot of fun. The drinks they have at the pool bar are outstanding as well.

I've stayed:
All Star Sports
Port Orleans (Riverside and French Quarter)
Coronado Springs
Disney Institute (now defunct)
Art of Animation

Our favorites have been Riverside and the family suites at Art of Animation. :) I loved the theming of the Lion King suite...it really immerses you in the Disney magic!

Most of the time, I stay with my Grandfather (who lives about forty-five minutes away from the parks) but I have spent a fair share of my time in resorts on site. I've stayed at the all the All-Star Resorts, Fort Wilderness Lodge, the BoardWalk, Old Key West and Port Orleans (French Quarter and Riverside). I think I may have also spent a night at the Contemporary when I was very young. I've also stayed at other locations on/near Disney property, most frequently, the Waldorf Astoria.

While I love all the resorts, Old Key West has to be my favorite. I also love the BoardWalk but there's something about the atmosphere of Old Key West that is so incredible and intriguing.

I just recently got back from a trip to WDW and stayed in the French Quarter. It was really beautiful and much nicer than I recalled from when I was younger.

I'm hoping to stay in the Polynesian next time we stay on site. I've dined there before and it was so amazing. It is absolutely stunning, through and through. I can only imagine what spending a night there would be like. :hearts:

CandyCars

I've stayed:
All Star Sports
Port Orleans (Riverside and French Quarter)
Coronado Springs
Disney Institute (now defunct)
Art of Animation

Our favorites have been Riverside and the family suites at Art of Animation. :) I loved the theming of the Lion King suite...it really immerses you in the Disney magic!
We stayed in the Lion King family suite also! :) I loved how the bed pulled down and it was like the "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" scene! :D