Question(s) about Born In Park Badge Digital vs Print

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Considering how advanced and proficient people are at Photoshop, I don't think it's fair to say it'd be easier to Photoshop their avatar onto their phone.

For example:
100% photoshopped

I'm just laughing at ppl who are trying to make excuses for why they can't print one picture like I can literally print it for you and mail it to you

but seriously if the badge is that important to you there are a handful of people who live right next to Disney who can help you out instead of causing such an ordeal for you if it's that complicated
If you're going to be staying at a Disney hotel then ask the people at the front desk if they can print something for you?? No one is saying rent a car and drive to a printer.
If they wanted the badge to just be handed to you and not somewhat difficult to obtain, then they'd sell it in the shop omg god forbid you work for something
I think the reasons behind both sides are pretty fair, however, I'm failing to see why you're laughing at what are pretty valid "excuses" on the opposing view point. I think this is a fair concern and people shouldn't be belittled because they don't share your same opinion or accused of not "working" for it.

I'm just laughing at ppl who are trying to make excuses for why they can't print one picture like I can literally print it for you and mail it to you

but seriously if the badge is that important to you there are a handful of people who live right next to Disney who can help you out instead of causing such an ordeal for you if it's that complicated
Someone helped me get mine :O I am eternally grateful.

People that live right next to Disney that own printers, or a car, that can help you with printing out your avatar...
Not everyone has someone who lives by Disney or has the privilege of owning a printer. Going to Disney is a privilege enough, why make it more difficult to get something for a online game? Especially waste paper and ink. The thing is it seems some people fail to see the luxuries others have and take for granted and fail to see the other side.

I'm not saying any of this to start any type of argument or malice towards anyone. I usually see why certain things are done and take it like a "big boy". But this honestly is the unnecessary rule I don't agree with.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
People that live right next to Disney that own printers, or a car, that can help you with printing out your avatar...
You just contradicted yourself:
If they wanted the badge to just be handed to you and not somewhat difficult to obtain, then they'd sell it in the shop omg god forbid you work for something
How would it be difficult to obtain if you could just ask someone else to get it for you? That's very cheating the system-y. Then it's not you who deserves the badge, it's that of the person who got it for you.

@Myth

Not everyone has someone who lives by Disney or has the privilege of owning a printer. Going to Disney is a privilege enough, why make it more difficult to get something for a online game? Especially waste paper and ink. The thing is it seems some people fail to see the luxuries others have and take for granted and fail to see the other side.

I'm not saying any of this to start any time of argument or malice towards anyone. I usually see why certain things are done and take it like a "big boy". But this honestly is the unnecessary rule I don't agree with.
I agree w this 100%. And I don't see why people are getting so attack-y over it. God forbid a change be made that doesn't affect anybody AND makes it easier on other members. What a slippery slope we're on!

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
While we're complaining, I can't get to disney because I live in a rural area and don't own a printer so I should be able to just take a picture in my local disney store and have it count for the badge ty
That's not even the argument at hand? The arguments is about changing the rules because people apparently can't print it, not people don't have friends that can go to the park for them so they must not be working hard enough
Ya'll be over here fighting to keep a rule that costs you $0 nd has no affect on your game play !!!!!!!!!! LUVS it. But everyone else is complainin??!!

Last edited:

Cat

Did you know that printer ink is worth more than it's weight in gold?

Why is it so hard to just allow both? It's not like either one affects the other. The world is turning towards technology anyways; printers and paper are slowly becoming obsolete. Heck, you can pay for junk using your phone.
It's still your avatar, whether or not it's on paper or on the phone, and technically however you do it your avatar is still physically in the park.
Why not just allow both...?

Jasmine

Fyi, it costs $2.50/per page to print in color at Disney business centers - I just looked this up.

So I can see both sides. And I actually agree that there's no issue with adding another option. My main issue is with some of the examples that have been used previously to try to prove a point.

On one hand, the assertion that you can't print one (or even a couple pieces of paper), yet can afford a trip to Disney World (and/or a stay in the hotels -- since someone brought up that scenario) is somewhat ridiculous. I acknowledge that everyone doesn't own a printer, but I highly doubt it'd be seriously difficult to find somewhere to print something. For the record, I also live in a rural area -- so there are options if that's the case for you. If it's truly difficult, then I'd think you'd be able to ask a friend - either if they have a printer or know where you can print. As for it not being eco-friendly, I've gotta agree that that just sounds like an excuse. If you really feel that way, you can simply recycle the paper you used to print your avatar(s). No harm, no foul.

On the other hand, some may feel that going through all that is inconveniencing. (Though I personally disagree with that because in the grand scheme of life, having to find a printer to get something you want really isn't a huge deal to me. Having an opportunity that many don't have -- going to Disney -- would be enough to make me not feel inconvenienced. But maybe that's just me.) However, I can understand some people just preferring to do things the digital way. So I don't see why having a picture of your avatar on a device -- assuming the device is clearly showing your avatar -- isn't allowed other than the fact that it may be difficult for people to get a good clear picture of the avatar. And I assume they decided on the print option because people have been doing it that way since VMK.

Fyi, it costs $2.50/per page to print in color at Disney business centers - I just looked this up.

So I can see both sides. And I actually agree that there's no issue with adding another option. My main issue is with some of the examples that have been used previously to try to prove a point.

On one hand, the assertion that you can't print one (or even a couple pieces of paper), yet can afford a trip to Disney World (and/or a stay in the hotels -- since someone brought up that scenario) is somewhat ridiculous. I acknowledge that everyone doesn't own a printer, but I highly doubt it'd be seriously difficult to find somewhere to print something. For the record, I also live in a rural area -- so there are options if that's the case for you. If it's truly difficult, then I'd think you'd be able to ask a friend - either if they have a printer or know where you can print. As for it not being eco-friendly, I've gotta agree that that just sounds like an excuse. If you really feel that way, you can simply recycle the paper you used to print your avatar(s). No harm, no foul.

On the other hand, some may feel that going through all that is inconveniencing. (Though I personally disagree with that because in the grand scheme of life, having to find a printer to get something you want really isn't a huge deal to me. Having an opportunity that many don't have -- going to Disney -- would be enough to make me not feel inconvenienced. But maybe that's just me.) However, I can understand some people just preferring to do things the digital way. So I don't see why having a picture of your avatar on a device -- assuming the device is clearly showing your avatar -- isn't allowed other than the fact that it may be difficult for people to get a good clear picture of the avatar. And I assume they decided on the print option because people have been doing it that way since VMK.
At least you can see both sides.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
[content removed]

Exactly. Again, I don't see why it bothers anyone considering the rule change would have no negative affect on anyone and would it make it more enjoyable for users. The actual percentage of people who really couldn't print their avatar and bring it in game is probably very slim, so I don't think it's really about that. I just think it's silly to make someone go the extra mile for virtually no reason.

Plus, Eros' was just asking for rule clarification, not begging or complaining as he's been accused of.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jasmine

Exactly. Again, I don't see why it bothers anyone considering the rule change would have no negative affect on anyone and would it make it more enjoyable for users. The actual percentage of people who really couldn't print their avatar and bring it in game is probably very slim, so I don't think it's really about that. I just think it's silly to make someone go the extra mile for virtually no reason.

Plus, Eros' was just asking for rule clarification, not begging or complaining as he's been accused of.
I completely agree. That's why I didn't understand why some were using that as the main reason for needing another option. Like you, IMO, the reason for a second option should be because there's really no difference between printing it and having it on a digital device.

I do think that the sun's glare against devices could cause the avatar to not be seen clearly though -- and that could cause some not to get the badge. Options are nice though, so if staff have a reason for not allowing avatars on digital devices, I can totally understand wanting to know the reasoning behind that decision. It doesn't make sense to me either.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I completely agree. That's why I didn't understand why some were using that as the main reason for needing another option. Like you, IMO, the reason for a second option should be because there's really no difference between printing it and having it on a digital device.

I do think that the sun's glare against devices could cause the avatar to not be seen clearly though -- and that could cause some not to get the badge. Options are nice though, so if staff have a reason for not allowing avatars on digital devices, I can totally understand wanting to know the reasoning behind that decision. It doesn't make sense to me either.
Exactly. And if sun glare was the case, they could just step inside a store or under some shade.

This ^! Very well put! :bounce:

Unfortunately the forum staff team does not live to serve only the forums, we do have lives outside of VMK, so we can't immediately respond to/handle reports.

That being said, warnings are being handed out to those who need them, and this thread was closed due to completely off-topic comments being made.

EDIT: I have asked in-game staff to provide an answer to this, hopefully it happens soon!

HOST_Absolem

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
MyVMK Staff
For starters, there was NO reason for this thread to turn out the way it did. I'm not sure what caused half of these comments attacking people here, but it is completely uncalled for.

To answer the question, the rule will not be changed. I don't feel like we need to give an explanation as to our reasoning. Everyone who has submitted already has not had a problem. We do not need to bend the rules already in place. If you want the badge, you follow the rules as stated. Where there's a will, there's a way.

I expect this bantering to cease immediately. And from here on in, if any of these other threads turn into what happened here, I give the forum staff the right to close down any further threads immediately and warn as needed, whether an answer has been given or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.