Riddle Game

FancyMonocle

lost in the sauce
Ahhhh yess, my apologies good sir, I had forgotten a keg instrument to this riddle, I shall repost the riddle here with the dimensions:
'S' and 'P' are talking about two unknown integers, both of which, are greater than 1 but not greater than 20. S knows only the sum of them, yet P only knows their product.:
  1. S: "I see no way you can determine my sum."
  2. P : "That didn't help me. I still don't know your sum."
  3. S : "Now I know your product."
What are the two numbers?

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
Ahhhh yess, my apologies good sir, I had forgotten a keg instrument to this riddle, I shall repost the riddle here with the dimensions:
'S' and 'P' are talking about two unknown integers, both of which, are greater than 1 but not greater than 20. S knows only the sum of them, yet P only knows their product.:
  1. S: "I see no way you can determine my sum."
  2. P : "That didn't help me. I still don't know your sum."
  3. S : "Now I know your product."
What are the two numbers?

The breakdown for this is as thus:

Beings know that product has to refer to multiplying the integers and the sum comes from adding the integers. When you go through every extension within these parameters, you are left with one possibility (13,4). Therefore, the product has to be 52 and the sum has to be 17 here. Sum(s) knows the product(p) and also the sum as stated above, P knows the product as well.
This means 13x4 is 52 the product and 13 + 4 is the sum of 17.

Therefore: given these parameters -
The answer has to be 13 and 4 – your two numbers

A little background FYI in case you’re interested
In ancient times, it has been said that the devil asked a similar question for a man’s freedom when he was asked to solve for a sum and product riddle. Pretty creepy hmmm?...

Anywho, someone else can go next if they’d like to come up with one and take a turn.
Enjoy~ =) !

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
I have traveled countless miles and across eons of time to assist the feeble and frailties of man, day and night; I have been a source of doing so since the beginning and will do so until the end. I have no need to masticate, slumber or indulge in any liquid substance for the continued preservation of my own existence. When struck, I make my own reverberation to any being who listens. What am I…?

(( sorry ‘guys n ghouls’…I just realized while writing this…that I probably made this one way too easy for you in order to resurrect this riddle game again since a lot seem to enjoy it.... but hopefully… you’ll still like thinking about the answer for a few seconds….at least...lol. Shame on me…=) ah well... ))

I have traveled countless miles and across eons of time to assist the feeble and frailties of man, day and night; I have been a source of doing so since the beginning and will do so until the end. I have no need to masticate, slumber or indulge in any liquid substance for the continued preservation of my own existence. When struck, I make my own reverberation to any being who listens. What am I…?

(( sorry ‘guys n ghouls’…I just realized while writing this…that I probably made this one way too easy for you in order to resurrect this riddle game again since a lot seem to enjoy it.... but hopefully… you’ll still like thinking about the answer for a few seconds….at least...lol. Shame on me…=) ah well... ))
Water?

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
Nope. Do you want a long or short explanation why?

I’ll just sum it up with one hint as to why not.

Hint: (I'll use the slumber hint for this one) There are two ways man is aware of this: while he is awake or while he is asleep. He can only experience it directly while he is awake. The quickest way to show someone is if you apply the correct amount of pressure to a man’s foot over a prolonged amount of time. It essentially causes the nerves to become confused and stop transmitting those electrochemical impulses properly from the brain to the rest of the body inside. It’s also how people wind up with that tingling sensation they feel when they aren’t asleep but it feels like a part of their body is. Typically this would not cause damage in a human beings foot or arm for example unless they are exposed severe restrictions for several hours. Obviously there are much quicker and potent ways to restrict someone. Lol. Hence you never hear about “man loses functionality from foot falling asleep” in the news for example..haha

Nope. Do you want a long or short explanation why?

I’ll just sum it up with one hint as to why not.

Hint: (I'll use the slumber hint for this one) There are two ways man is aware of this: while he is awake or while he is asleep. He can only experience it directly while he is awake. The quickest way to show someone is if you apply the correct amount of pressure to a man’s foot over a prolonged amount of time. It essentially causes the nerves to become confused and stop transmitting those electrochemical impulses properly from the brain to the rest of the body inside. It’s also how people wind up with that tingling sensation they feel when they aren’t asleep but it feels like a part of their body is. Typically this would not cause damage in a human beings foot or arm for example unless they are exposed severe restrictions for several hours. Obviously there are much quicker and potent ways to restrict someone. Lol. Hence you never hear about “man loses functionality from foot falling asleep” in the news for example..haha
Is it air or oxygen to be more precise? I love your riddles by the way! :)

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
Is it air or oxygen to be more precise? I love your riddles by the way! :)
Thanks man, I'm glad that you appreciate them. I worry about making them too easy or too hard though. But, it's all good.. I've always enjoyed making them ever since I can remember.

No. Not Air/Oxygen

To give you the same hint. As with water, oxygen isn't secluded to only the frail and feeble of mankind =) Oxygen is a requirement. Also, you cannot strike with the molecules that make up Oxygen either =) Unless of course you can pull atoms apart and use oxygen in your hand without any technology... but that would theoretically be turning it into a form of a energized weapon I.E. - such as a "ray gun". lol

Thanks man, I'm glad that you appreciate them. I worry about making them too easy or too hard though. But, it's all good.. I've always enjoyed making them ever since I can remember.

No. Not Air/Oxygen

To give you the same hint. As with water, oxygen isn't secluded to only the frail and feeble of mankind =) Oxygen is a requirement. Also, you cannot strike with the molecules that make up Oxygen either =) Unless of course you can pull atoms apart and use oxygen in your hand without any technology... but that would theoretically be turning it into a form of a energized weapon I.E. - such as a "ray gun". lol
Man. This riddle is a lot harder than I thought.

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
Another good guess but as with oxygen and air, man cannot use sound to strike unless it’s converted into something else in the form of some other physical energy - such as an instrument that uses sound waves for example. One thing I will say about sound though – it’s also interesting that it was brought up because - sound could be used as a hearing aid in terms of assisting the ‘feeble and frail’ of man in this riddle (also a prime example of using sound waves for man lol). But….a hearing aid isn’t the answer either….hehe =) Hearing aid wouldn’t work because those weren’t invented by man for use until the latter half of humanity’s history, which includes those makeshifts to amplify and direct sound during the past few centuries.. =) ( I.E. – “I have been a source of doing so since the beginning and will do so until the end” in this case)

Getting some good guesses in so here’s another one for everyone to mull over:

Think about what mankind can and cannot do and use with all five of their 'normal' senses in relation to the entire riddle. The answer isn't complicated, I promise. Dissect each line and you will find the answer.

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro

^ New hint:
Think about something you can use in a physical sense.

PrincessRuby

^ New hint:
Think about something you can use in a physical sense.
Is it something like steel or gold?

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
You guys should've quoted or sent me a PM about this thread. I didn't have net access for a while, it if weren't for someone else's PM asking about the answer, I would of never seen that this thread still needed a reply..lol

It is a type of cane, a walking stick to be specific. I.E. - Like a tree branch fashioned for such a purpose =)

Hope everyone enjoyed this one~