winter dreams event room skipped

So I think it is worth mentioning that I have been in "Fantasy land in the sky" for the ENTIRE duration of the winter dreams event(TONIGHT, Saturday, +6:00p.m.-7:30p.m+), along with WAY more that 5 people the entire time and we were not visited. The entire hour and a half PLUS (time before the event started and 10 minutes after when event officially ended). This makes me under the impression that maybe the room was left out of the random generator because sometimes it takes long, but not "THE entire event with no visit" long.
I truly believe there was some type of bug.
I want to make clear that I am not angry, I just really think there was some type of technical issue.
I have played this game all month and do not find it likely that the room didn't randomly get picked for the whole event.

Tldr: need to make next dreams month more fair please

That happened to some of us on the monorail train the other day too. I decided to switch rooms after an hour and then found out the people that stayed were never visited. I think next time they should make a new way of doing a dreams month next time. Maybe use guest rooms or create an event room then roll for the winner, that way we can see the outcome instead of relying on blind luck to get a prize. I didn't win a prize at all this month, so I'm unlucky. But there were many others that won multiples of the same rare prize every other day. I just dont see that as fair.

Amy

Head Administrator
Hi :)

I'm sorry you didn't get picked, but the way the game selects people is by going into the pool of cached rooms (all public rooms are cached by default). If it wasn't in the pool, the instance would be bugged out and noone would be able to get in. It grabs a random room from the pool, checks if it's public and has at least 5 people in it, if not it tries another one.

If you wish to test it at some point, I could get on and use the command over and over until it picks your room, unless the server reboots the instance will be the same. Let me know :)