Skye's Lucky Penny?

What would you like to be done with Skye's Lucky Penny Pin?

• Nothing, leave it as it is

Votes: 32 9.6%
  • Delete it from the game

Votes: 216 65.1%
  • Rename the pin

Votes: 84 25.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

iProsper

You have a great point, but if that user has ever given out his/her first name, Instagram, Twitter, etc., then anyone who has it could be a danger to them. I think it would be safest to allow staff to do their job.
staff are so questionable right now...how do we know if they're going to do anything?

PudgeTheFish

I honestly don't care what you do with the lucky penny pin. I got my lucky penny for being a plain jane nice person. I saw her in the emporium on her first day, gave her a few free items, and told her the best and most profitable ways to earn credits. She was forever thankful and I got her lucky penny because of that. I wasn't brought together by anyone from this situation. I was treated the same by players as I had always been, ignored. So again i could care less what happens with the penny.
She gave it to everyone regardless. Not for being nice. If people hadnt gotten the penny then shed give it to them

Gallifreyan

The Slightly More Chosen One
Can someone explain the point of this thread if staff are just going to make the pin sell-able? Honestly that option isn't even in the poll lol.

If you're going to do what you want with it anyways, why did you guys even make this poll?

It's kind of ridiculous how you can profit off this.

Staff wyd I don't get you.

PudgeTheFish

Can someone explain the point of this thread if staff are just going to make the pin sell-able? Honestly that option isn't even in the poll lol.

If you're going to do what you want with it anyways, why did you guys even make this poll?

It's kind of ridiculous how you can profit off this.

Staff wyd I don't get you.
I not selling until it sells for 0 lol

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
"stolen identity" ?? how do we know thats even true? man, i'm getting tired of this drama and immaturity around here...

i say just delete it.

HOST_Absolem

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
MyVMK Staff
Any information we have regarding this matter will not be shared with the public. We value everyone's privacy, and us releasing things just to satisfy curiosities is really of no value to anyone here. Be assured, we are handling this as best as we can from our side. We understand players were affected, but not to the level where we should be releasing information about anyone.

The penny was made sellable last night because we understand some people were truly hurt by this situation, and wanted to be rid of it. We will still honor your votes on Sunday, so yes, if you are going to sell it, do so before then (from the looks of the poll as of now, the majority would like to see it be deleted). The true meaning behind the pin was beautiful, and the support we saw from all of you is why the sell amount was chosen. While credits can't mend a heart, like I said in my first post, the outreach from this community was amazing.

Lindsay

She gave it to everyone regardless. Not for being nice. If people hadnt gotten the penny then shed give it to them
What Zelena was saying was in response to those saying this pin represented the community coming together. She was saying the same you are, everybody got one regardless of if they helped bring the community together or just saw her in a room. The pin didn't really represent anything.

Tohrukun

What happened really is quite awful, but when you think about it....
"SkyeViolet" and that pin helped spread a joy in MyVMK like no other! It brought so many people together in so many ways.
We came together as a community because we CARED! We haven't, as a community, been caring in a long time. "Skye" gave out 260+ pins. That's at least 260 members that took time out of their days to check on a friend! We blame each other, we call each other names, and we don't respect each other. But for a short while, people started making new friends all over the place. I made new friends even today ...at her memorial...
My point is that this pin is a symbol of our community's ability to withstand all odds! Amy's gone, the staff members are mostly new, and yet even with all of our disagreements, we're still here. This pin is important to me. It was a reminder that even though I felt like MyVMK was about to implode, that there was still love here, and I want to keep mine!

I think you should change the name to something along the lines of, "MyVMK Friendship Pin." They should also be made sellable and tradeable for those who do not want them, or want one and never got one.
I'm in love with this idea

I'm in love with this idea
I was too. Now I see that most people just really want the pin gone. We do already have the Friend Like Me pin, and those serve a similar purpose. I will still hold on to mine (unless they're deleted altogether), but the fact is... people are really hurt by what this person did. I probably won't be wearing it out of respect for the people that don't want to be reminded of what happened, but I still think it's special enough that I won't throw it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.