Skye's Lucky Penny?

What would you like to be done with Skye's Lucky Penny Pin?

• Nothing, leave it as it is

Votes: 32 9.6%
  • Delete it from the game

Votes: 216 65.1%
  • Rename the pin

Votes: 84 25.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt the same as you from the beginning. Something didn't sit well with we about it all. I felt it wasn't true.

Sadly I never believed her from the start and always saw it as a hoax for attention. Who would have known I was actually right. All faith in humanity is.. oh wait I never had any. lol

OK so here is the thing. Many of us fell for it, because of course who would have imagined someone would catfish everyone this way? I feel sorry for that person that they would stoop so low......

On the other hand many people tried to be kind to "SkyeViolet" and quite honestly it was all done with no idea that a pin would be made etc. Several people and also staff really went above and beyond to do something really nice for someone.

Personally I voted to change the name , how about "VMK Kindness" not a reflection of the person, but of the players who wanted to be nice to this person in their time of need, with no expectation of receiving anything in return. That is genuine kindness and that's worth remembering. I'd rather err on the side of being kind to someone who didn't deserve it than not to have. I believe it's how everyone in MyVMK should be treated in general, and how we should live our lives. Do good for the sake of doing good....

I say keep it and rename it, couldn't care less about 5k credits, everyone who got that pixel had no idea it would ever be anything but just a pixel, so they reached out even in a small way to someone. That's worth remembering........

xwing

Like many of you I also fell for this scam but did at first think it was not right then changed to trusting her because the story sounded true. She talked about faith in God and sold the story very well and all I can say is people like this will always get what they deserve in the end. The penny needs to be removed from the game and then think they should have a new penny awarded in Pirates for exchange in the treasure room.

Wonder

Many people including myself are just finding out about this now, so don't walk the plank just yet!
168 votes and the next closest is 65. There aren't enough remaining players to make that big of an influence. Plus it doesn't matter, staff already made their OWN decision regarding what should be done. Not sure why there was a poll made if they were going to do whatever they saw fit in the first place[DOUBLEPOST=1432929070][/DOUBLEPOST]
Guys stop attacking the staff. They made it 5k BEFORE the poll. THEY are not the ones to blame. Be glad they polled us and knock it off.

This thread has gotten past keep change name or delete.

»»---//ARCHERESS//--->
No they didn't. Lol. Poll was made yesterday evening. The pin wasn't made sellable until some time today. Thank you but goodbye.

a lot of people got the pin without showing any kindness. i was just in her room and was given the pixel and took it and thats the only time i spoke to her. so it doesnt necessarily represent kindness and the community coming together.
Why were you in her room? To show support, to be nice, or because you dying to get a pixel? LOL
In a small way hanging in her room for a bit would have been showing support or kindness even in a small way......

iProsper

Why were you in her room? To show support, to be nice, or because you dying to get a pixel? LOL
In a small way hanging in her room for a bit would have been showing support or kindness even in a small way......
I can tell you why i was in her room. It was because it was the most popular room at the time and I wanted to know what was going on. I walked in and before I even said hello, she traded me and gave me a yellow pixel, calling it her "lucky penny".

InaDaze

The Confused One.
So I posted in the debate section for what I felt like was a more debate oriented post and more appropriate to that section in out lovely Drama thread for this month. I'm not trying to attack staff in any way but I'm just trying to understand the decision that kind of goes against this poll.

But I want to ask a couple simple questions here. After seeing that a majority wanted it deleted, why did the staff decide to make the penny sellable for 5k? (Which completely negates let the community choose...) Why do something that only affects part of the community when this person was trying to speak a message of bringing the community together? Why didn't you do another poll about how to delete it?

I mean just to me it seems like they could have deleted the pin then just random idea throwing out there a double credit day?? I don't know. I don't play for credits anymore but I know many would be in favor of something like this.
Guys stop attacking the staff. They made it 5k BEFORE the poll. THEY are not the ones to blame. Be glad they polled us and knock it off.
As far as I know I found out about this poll before I found out the pin was made to be sold for 5k. You're the first person I've heard this from.

Also, I'm infinitely tired of facepalming when people say folks are attacking when in reality they are not.

No they didn't. Lol. Poll was made yesterday evening. The pin wasn't made sellable until some time today. Thank you but goodbye.
A previous post mentioned it was made sellable last night, so it's possible it was around the same time. Regardless, there's a lot of hostility. Which is unnecessary. It is only a game. It is only an item. And she was only a girl.

Oh well.

»»---//ARCHERESS//--->

HOST_Absolem

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
MyVMK Staff
We plan on doing what the community votes. If we decided to just pull it from everyone without even asking, people would have gotten angry. So, we asked. And people are still getting angry. If you don't want the credits for whatever your reason, don't sell it. It's really as simple as that. It will most likely be deleted and then you're done with it. If you do sell it and don't want the credits, why not use them to buy something for someone, even if it's someone you don't know? Or give them away to a new player? No one is twisting anyone's arms here saying 'you must sell them'. If the thought of kindness made the penny to begin with, why not show that kindness to someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.