Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOST_Absolem

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
MyVMK Staff
Everyone wants to hear two sides of the story, right?

First off, the last thing we want to do is stoop to the level that all those hate blogs do. We are here to run a game, and make it enjoyable for everyone. Bottom line. Do not assume what you read is always the entire story, or that it is true. So, you say, “Then tell us your side of the story.” I'll get there.

You can disagree with Amy's decision to allow Kali and myself to take these positions, and you're entitled to your opinion, but that does not mean you have a say in the matter. We are human. We all say things we may regret later on. We all do it in the heat of the moment. It's easy to sit, read, and form opinions on things you don't know the entire backstory of. What has failed to be considered is our love of this game and this community. Our only goal here is to provide you with the entertainment in which you come here for. Not gossip. Not bantering, of any player. You're entitled to be upset over certain people leaving, but in most cases it was their own choice to walk away. Not ours. And from that, we move on. And we fix what wasn't working before (and there was a lot, whether you care to admit it or not) and try to make things better for everyone. You're also entitled to think we handle things poorly. But the truth is, you have no idea how things work behind the scenes. You have no idea of the situations, and the control certain people had, before all of this.

Let me clarify, players do not need to know what we discuss. Said person thinks it's a game now, and wants to bring everyone down with them, because they messed up. Big time. And they were caught.

Why was said person not allowed to return? Sticking to the facts (and no, I will not take screenshots and post them). They abused their position, plain and simple. They showed favoritism to themselves and friends by pulling players into events, numerous times, over and over, to gain the advantage of winning multiple times in one night when everyone else had to wait in line. Said person would allow friends to test their games, allowing them to collect unearned prizes afterwards. Said person traded unauthorized items to players. Said person abused chat logs, searching people to gather information on them, to use for their own entertainment. Said person shared information about call for helps, warning people when and who had been reported. Said person shared private information between the staff members. Said person has threatened players outside of the game.

This was in no way a 'witch hunt'. When word gets out of something no one should know about, something that could be detrimental to the entire community, wouldn't you investigate? That was all we did. Investigate. And upon investigating, we uncovered way more than we bargained for. And now, for no other reason than bitterness, we are the ones who will pay the price. But, we will not let it affect us. What's done is done, what's said is said, what’s going to happen will happen. When you have something toxic in the midst, it's best to get rid of it and flush the system. And we were able to do that on many levels. Just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean it did not happen.

I had nothing but respect for said person. I thought they were amazing, I loved them and had wonderful times with them. And they know that. More than anything it saddens me that the outcome had to be this ridiculous, immature gesture. We would have gladly given them a second chance, but their reaction was hostile. Demands and threats were made. When you are innocent, you don't attack the people who are on your side. You listen to what they have to say first, and explain. That didn't happen. Tell me, would you want someone like that back on your team? Could you trust them again after something like this?

We could go into a long rant here about others, and what they did as well. But we refuse to. What good would come of it? To add to the gossip some more? It's in the past.

I speak on behalf of myself and the other admins. We are here for YOU. For this game. We will not let anything get in the way of this, or bring our spirits down. We will do what we have to, to make it work. If you don't give us the chance, you'll never know.

And please. If you are going to comment on this, be respectful. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there is no reason to cross any lines here.

Pacific

This acknowledgement and clarification from the administration team is exactly what was needed, thank you, Abs.

"Keep moving forward." - Walt

Lost

You can disagree with Amy's decision to allow Kali and myself to take these positions, and you're entitled to your opinion, but that does not mean you have a say in the matter.
Yes God forbid players actually having a saying in how the game is run.

when you fire one staff for favoritism but then promote another one for doing the same
So true.

MamaNutty

.Said person shared information about call for helps, warning people when and who had been reported.

This is very accurate as I have experienced it personally!

You can disagree with Amy's decision to allow Kali and myself to take these positions, and you're entitled to your opinion, but that does not mean you have a say in the matter.

If players don't have a say in the matter than this game is NOT for the players.. Correct??

Status
Not open for further replies.