Feedback on HOST events!

I think an important part moving forward in the interaction between hosts and players should involve some feedback on the events that we are getting. I was inspired to make this thread after the event tonight, as it really got me thinking! So without further ado, here is my feedback...

Tonight's event, Tiana's Bayou Ball Quest, was absolutely spectacular! For a first event from a HOST, I think Crash has great things in store! Both of the quests were well thought out, and had nice story lines. Each task made sense in terms of the story of the quest, as opposed to doing things just to do them. I loved the fact that each quest had a different prize, that made it worth it to do both as opposed to one or the other. Also, this is an event that really got the community out into the public rooms, and even now, 20 minutes after it ended, there are still people in multiple public rooms. The quests themselves were not too hard, and not to easy. Both featured the need to play mini-games and both featured achievable goals from these mini-games. It may have taken some people a few tries, but it was achievable. I also loved the fact that this happened on a weekend which allowed us to take advantage of double credits whilst still doing the event. Overall, this was an amazing event, and just the type that we needed! I can't wait to see what else Crash has in store for us!

Now, it probably was just me but I wish I knew about this going on when I logged on.

Once again, as repeated. Just started today. So I'm not going to be in the know how but I can't wait for the next one to kick up.

Thank you @OswaldtheRabbit for giving staff some positive feedback! It's nice to see. :)

I agree with everything in Oswald's post, and I'd like to add that I really really REALLY appreciate that we were made aware of the minigames & scores needed to complete each quest. It was nice to know ahead of time that I shouldn't even attempt one of the quests because there ain't no way I was gonna get that Fireworks score haha. :p

Last edited:
Now, it probably was just me but I wish I knew about this going on when I logged on.

Once again, as repeated. Just started today. So I'm not going to be in the know how but I can't wait for the next one to kick up.
In case you haven't found it yet, http://www.myvmk.com/events
This is a schedule of when all the HOST events are for the month. There will be more added as time goes on! They go by EST. (:

HOST_Absolem

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
MyVMK Staff
I think an important part moving forward in the interaction between hosts and players should involve some feedback on the events that we are getting. I was inspired to make this thread after the event tonight, as it really got me thinking! So without further ado, here is my feedback...
This is a great idea! We're always looking for feedback on our events! :D

I certainly enjoyed both quests. Good mix of easy and somewhat challenging. I also appreciate it that HOST_Crash did not require massive scores in the minigames but had reasonable targets. As someone who is not that high a scorer, it means a great deal that Crash gave some thought to his requirements. I also think the other HOST events this month have been very enjoyable.

As a side note, I encountered HOST_Dumbo a couple of times yesterday in guest rooms. That was such a nice surprise and takes me back to the first few months of the original VMK when the HOSTS popped in and out of guest and public rooms. Not to give out anything, but just to chat and enjoy the beautiful whimsy of this game with the rest of us.

Thank you again for keeping the game alive. I am looking forward to seeing what else Staff has in store.

As far as host events in general I feel you guys are doing so much better! Before it felt like the same games with a different background every time but now you never know what the game will be! Kudos!

The event was great. Only thing that wasn't so great was I kept dcing and had to keep starting the quest over, and unfortunately I wasn't able to finish either one of them bc I kept having to start over... :/

Why is 30,000 on JC so tough for me?? I feel like I am doing it wrong. Took me 6 tries to get it. Amazing quest! So fun and challenging. I really liked that there were plenty of the objects to pick up, so that even when the room was full you could get what you needed. Ty for a great event Crash!

Jinx

You Owe Me A Soda! :D
I missed the event HOST_Crash had Sunday night, however I will say I'm really happy with the abundance of Host events recently. The quest was a nice change and people seemed to enjoy it. Not only that, but the golden ticket was a nice idea because its purpose is still a mystery and everyone is looking forward to see what it'll be used for. Great job :)

Not sure if this thread is suppose to be just about the quests, which were awesome BTW, but tonight's Prince and Princess training should have been a little different in my opinion. The game was fun, but with so few events this month and a chance to win the prize, I am not sure why the game had to be set up for the remaining person to spin against the host in order to win, or lose. That meant there was a potential for all 5 people to lose that round. It would have been better to have had a winner each time, especially since the game took awhile and had multiple rounds.

I know there have been Host events in the past that have had a similar format of going against the host to win, but I have always disliked the events that are run like that. The hosts gain nothing by winning, but the last person standing has everything to lose. I also know that there are games in which all 12 players lose, but in that same game, there can also be multiple winners.

I know hosts are trying to create new games, and I am all for that. I guess it would just be nice to not have to go up against a host and have the potential to lose after moving forward after so many rounds

Last edited:

LuvDaPixie

I know with all the changes in staff the events are not as plentiful as they've been in past months, and many days on the calendar with nothing scheduled at all. So few events, and busy schedules makes it so much more important to have fair opportunities to win the host prizes. Please keep this in mind for future games, thank you!

Last edited:
Just as a general update to the thread, I intend for this to be feedback on any any and all HOST events! It just so happens that I wrote the thread right after Crash's quest event, but my intention is to add a place for everyone to talk about the events! So feel free to talk about any of them, even past ones!